The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest neesy111

Hate it when Allardyce gets compared to Pulis. Both 'long-ball managers' but the difference is that Pulis does try and win games, particularly at home.

Thought palace played decent stuff last season.

Can't see it happening, but if they offered up enough compo I reckon Fat Ash would tell him to fuck off down to Selhurst.

which is highly unlikely, more than likely to go for someone who doesn't require compensation

Hate it when Allardyce gets compared to Pulis. Both 'long-ball managers' but the difference is that Pulis does try and win games, particularly at home.

They did. Their second half performance against Liverpool near the end of the season was unbelievable

They did, a lot of it was still direct stuff though.

Pardew's family live 10 mins from Selhurst Park, he's down there himself 3 days a week and he gets to their games when he can. Natural fit.

Ron, I know you hate all "king" references...but surely if he was manager at Selhurst Park, he'd feel like one. :lol:

Pardew's family live 10 mins from Selhurst Park, he's down there himself 3 days a week and he gets to their games when he can. Natural fit.

Ron, I know you hate all "king" references...but surely if he was manager at Selhurst Park, he'd feel like one. :lol:

:thup:

I hope Palace sit on the replacement for a while like they did with Holloway. The abuse at SJP may just scare him back home.

Don't want to sound like a fan of either Pulis or Allardyce, but at least their brand of 'football' at least appears to be based more of hoof the ball at the big bloke up front and try to smash your way to the opposition's goal rather than hoof the ball as far a you can to get the fucker as far from our goal as you can.

Sad state of affairs when Pulis offers a more exciting style of football that Shitdrew.

He doesn't, he just knows what he's about and doesn't keep changing his mind after every bad result.

Palace taking him would be to good to be true, but there's at least three reasons to dream,

1 - Pardew seems a needy fucker and he knows he'll get some love down there, until it goes tits up anyway.

2 - Even if it was only a fleeting idea, Ashley must have at least thought about peddling him this year. He knows that might cost him a year or two compen (1m?), which he could save by letting him go.

3 - Pulis was on around 2m  p/a according to the first source I found, it would take Pardew a bit longer to earn 2m here.

As stated, its a dream but hey, looks damn good on paper.

tl:dr -suits everyone, get it done :)

Guest chopey

I think this story has legs "i just couldn't resist the call to come home" , Ashley gets some compo and then employs a desperate moyes on a low wage

Imagine Pardew went to Palace and completely changed his philosophy, playing expansive football and having great cup runs every year. :lol:

"Europe gave us the added energy we needed to really push on and cement our top 4 place with a 4-0 win over Sunderland."

Imagine Pardew went to Palace and completely changed his philosophy, playing expansive football and having great cup runs every year. :lol:

"Europe gave us the added energy we needed to really push on and cement our top 4 place with a 4-0 win over Sunderland."

He's more likely to lose all the game against London sides. :lol:

It's a deal that would almost suit everyone, including Ashley in many ways but the thing that keeps him here is control. Pardew's a phone box call girl who would strap his anal cavity to a pneumatic drill if Mike wanted to watch.

It's a deal that would almost suit everyone, including Ashley in many ways but the thing that keeps him here is control. Pardew's a phone box call girl who would strap his anal cavity to a pneumatic drill if Mike wanted to watch.

Vivid imagery.