The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Muzzi Ozcan @Muzziozcan  ·  2h 2 hours ago

West Ham has agreed terms with Slaven Bilić wish my good friend a great season at West Ham ! And welcome to the East End !

His agent, apparently.

Not a bad choice imo.

He's not that impressive as a manager. When Croatia were doing well under him everyone seemed to rate him ( me included), but it soon became clear that it was more down to them having a golden generation of players coming through.

Look at the clubs he's been too and at any he's done well at he hasn't actually improved them but just done as they had been achieving already.

He's a former player though, so he'll get an extra chance to do well there.

Gutted I had £20 on Bielsa at 25/1, looks like he'll sign an extension at Marseille then now. The way West Ham were going on about wanting a top manager I'd be underwhelmed with Bilic, wouldnt be to surprised if he went to try and bring Ba back.

Wiki says he took Lokomotiv Moscow to their worst ever season since the break up of Russia, and couldn't finish ahead of Fenerbahce or Galatasaray in his two seasons at Besiktas. I know that's tough but doesn't seem to inspire. ???

Only finished above them twice in the last 10 years in fairness although it seems like their form dipped massively after the winter break.

I think it's a decent enough fit but like you don't massively rate him.

I think he's one of those managers who are great for personality but not necessarily a good organiser. From a West Ham supporter point of view though it will be a relief after Allardyce as he'll allow them to play football. I can see them being a yo yo team for the next couple of seasons.

Thank f*** it wasn't Bielsa.

Yep. I was fearing Bielsa to West Ham, Carver to us and Sunderland to get someone decent. None of those have happened :thup:

To be honest Bielsa is a manager I would love to have in my league but not managing my team. Amazing personality and playing style, but things seem to unravel rather quickly for him.