The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I've always supported this guy but man, he looks so tired and worn out right now. He needs a break and catch some air. Seems like his mind is all over the place these days.

Just mentioned on SSN that his dad is quite seriously ill, which I did not know

Just been having this conversation at work, clearly the players don't believe in him any more, so it's a case of £200m net spend in January or replace the manager. Even if you have bottomless pockets it's a no brainer. There's no denying he's a great manager but once you've lost a dressing room and even the ball boys are against you there's no coming back.

I've always supported this guy but man, he looks so tired and worn out right now. He needs a break and catch some air. Seems like his mind is all over the place these days.

Just mentioned on SSN that his dad is quite seriously ill, which I did not know

Could they have given him the rest of the season off to recharge himself then start again 16/17? Just a thought

Chelsea's players are more than capable of playing to a top 4 level despite who the manager is.  Di Matteo is proof of that.

I thought they played pretty well in the 2nd half on Monday night.

Chelsea may well regret this in the long run.

I'd class it as their Bobby Robson moment.

Dunno about that, Sir bobby never carried on the way Jose has and wouldnt have approved of his behaviour atall. He was the complete opposite.

Mourinhos not been the same since he went to Madrid. It came out he claimed players had been leaking info didnt it? Fell out with Casillas etc Eye gouged Vilanova.

Now he comes back and everyones against him, Paranoia about refs, the media, his own medical staff. Everyone goes "Hes being so clever distracting from the results" but no, actually they just kept losing & he was being a tit. It didnt help him or them atall, he was just being paranoid as fuck. Needs time out of the game really.

You've missed the point.

We had fans shouting for Robson to be sacked, we started the season poorly, Shepherd caved in and sacked him and then we spiralled downwards over a number of years and a number of poor managers when in hindsight we should have gave him more time.

Nowt to do with their respective behaviours.

He's been talking and acting like a man who doesn't care whether he keeps his job or not. You can't motivate the players from that mindset, and there was no sign of it changing.

The Torres book on Mourinho's time at Real is a good read. It shows a man who doesn't think he can do any wrong. Bad results are down to refs, conspiracies, traitors in the dressing room etc. Ferguson and Wenger suffered from some element of paranoia, but nothing like this.

I genuinely liked Mourinho before this season but he's been a proper twat and deserved to get the boot.

I think the game needs characters like him because for the most part it's sterile as fuck but he took it way too far and has made himself a laughing stock.

The Torres book on Mourinho's time at Real is a good read. It shows a man who doesn't think he can do any wrong. Bad results are down to refs, conspiracies, traitors in the dressing room etc. Ferguson and Wenger suffered from some element of paranoia, but nothing like this.

While I think Mou is a cunt, I wouldn't give that book much credence. Torres and Mou were enemies since day one at Real Madrid, and he's got a massive axe to grind.

Thank fuck this cunt is finally gone. Can't wait for the third stint in ten years

;D  there goes a character and you would rather have Mcclaren Garde etc who have zero personality ,the sooner he is back in the premiership the better as it will be a poorer place without him imho

Chelsea's players are more than capable of playing to a top 4 level despite who the manager is.  Di Matteo is proof of that.

I thought they played pretty well in the 2nd half on Monday night.

Chelsea may well regret this in the long run.

I'd class it as their Bobby Robson moment.

Dunno about that, Sir bobby never carried on the way Jose has and wouldnt have approved of his behaviour atall. He was the complete opposite.

Mourinhos not been the same since he went to Madrid. It came out he claimed players had been leaking info didnt it? Fell out with Casillas etc Eye gouged Vilanova.

Now he comes back and everyones against him, Paranoia about refs, the media, his own medical staff. Everyone goes "Hes being so clever distracting from the results" but no, actually they just kept losing & he was being a tit. It didnt help him or them atall, he was just being paranoid as f***. Needs time out of the game really.

You've missed the point.

We had fans shouting for Robson to be sacked, we started the season poorly, Shepherd caved in and sacked him and then we spiralled downwards over a number of years and a number of poor managers when in hindsight we should have gave him more time.

Nowt to do with their respective behaviours.

Eh? Chelsea fans still sticking by him. They are 2 points off relegation after 15 games after winning the title. That's a drop of 14 places! SBR got sacked after 4 games? Nothing alike.

Always wondered how he would get on here? A club with a tight budget, shit but loyal owner, great set of fans but mediocre players. As far as I can remember, he's always been at clubs who can buy players at will. Not sure how Porto was but I just wonder whether he would be prepared to take a job anywhere at a smaller club and show what he can or can't do.