The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3817615/Roberto-Di-Matteo-brink-sack-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Villa owner Tony Xia is known to be privately weighing up a change in boss — and the loss at Deepdale has done Di Matteo no favours.

Xia has already started looking at candidates, with former England manager Steve McClaren in the frame.

:bluf:

I think Allardyce will lie low for at least a few months.  Once everything blows over I'm sure a PL club will go for him to save them from relegation in the new year, despite last week's shenanigans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3817615/Roberto-Di-Matteo-brink-sack-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Villa owner Tony Xia is known to be privately weighing up a change in boss — and the loss at Deepdale has done Di Matteo no favours.

Xia has already started looking at candidates, with former England manager Steve McClaren in the frame.

:lol:

They'll be in League 1 soon with Schteve.

The Villa fans seem to be under the impression that Steve Bruce will be their next manager.

Might not be the most popular choice due to managing Birmingham City.

Won't be, but I can't see them appointing anyone who would be popular.

This is what a lot of Villa fans are claiming though.

The Villa fans seem to be under the impression that Steve Bruce will be their next manager.

He's not bad at getting teams out of the Championship.

Absolutely shite appointment in terms of the long term development of the club though.

Didn't Di Matteo get WBA promoted with ease the last time we were in the champo? Wonder what's wrong this time, I'd say their team is better than WBA's was back then from what I recall.

If you look at what they kept hold of though, instead of assessing the squad and offloading the mercs, they hung onto plenty of the heartless clowns. We got rid early doors most of our spineless wasters.

Cissokho,Richards,Hutton,Bacuna,Ayew,Agbonlahor, most of these lads just picked up pay last season, assisted Villas relegation and are still on their books.

Bruce would be a good appointment for Villa in the short-term.

I'm not so sure. His record has suggested with a good squad he'll achieve the minimum expected of a club, with a poor squad he's not been able to elevate them to anything beyond their level. Witness last season, Hull just barely got promotion through the playoffs, they had finished 3rd bottom the previous year, so they should have been the favourites to go straight back up.

Not so sure Villa have even a good squad, right now, couple of good players but honestly it's pap.

Politically the wrong choice with his Birmingham back ground, feel like he's washed up now bit like Mick McMakem.