The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

I agree that Villa don't have a very good squad. Forwards aside they are on par with most Championship teams. The thing is though the forwards who are arguably the best in the league are not on form and the team has no confidence. If the lack of confidence continues then they could be in trouble. I do expect them to have a better 2nd half of the season though and should finish strongly. String together a few wins in this league and anything is possible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3817615/Roberto-Di-Matteo-brink-sack-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Villa owner Tony Xia is known to be privately weighing up a change in boss — and the loss at Deepdale has done Di Matteo no favours.

Xia has already started looking at candidates, with former England manager Steve McClaren in the frame.

:bluf:

[emoji38]

Please be Steve, please be Steve, please be Steve.

I think the damage has already been done. It's going to take something pretty drastic for them to lose 4-5 games fewer than us and Norwich.

Add in the fact that they will also need to hit the ground running. They are 13 points off of automatic promotion, with these next four matches:

Wolves (h), Reading (a), Fulham (h), Birmingham (a). That gap could quite easily increase as they will drop points in those games regardless of any new manager bounce.