The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

AVB clearly had p*ssed in the chips. It's mid season no one of any real standing (with PL experience) is available, also consider the risk of a foreign manager coming in now to a new league and with a squad that is still bedding in. Levy likes Sherwood (allegedly) so gave him the gig, he probably won't do too much harm and he might actually provide some entertainment after the stilted football AVB was overseeing. If it doesn't work out  then Sherwood gets binned at the end of the season on a cheap payoff. I can see the sense given the circumstances.

Levy gets some stuff right at Spurs (commercially mostly and getting value in the transfer market) but sweet Jesus he's made some absolute f*ck ups when it comes to the way he hires and fires managers..... 

The Spurs gig is a huge one. I don't care what the circumstances are, you don't hand it to some cocky youth manager that's done f*** all.

Makes the club look a bloody joke.

Maybe he's really good, though? Might be inspired. Of course we'd like to see it all end in flames, but who knows for now.

The only thing that's weird is how soon they've done it.

I think Levy made a mistake appointing AVB, apparently he was impressed because AVB pitched up for the interview and did a Powerpoint prsentation. There's a technique to managing a squad thats in transition, you have to keep all the players (including those who are ageing and on their way out) on your side. AVB failed at this badly at Chelsea and if rumours are to be believed he's lost some of the squad at Spurs (as well as the owners). Levy found himself in the stupid position where there was little or no choice but to appoint someone like Sherwood, as there's no one else around and available worth appointing at the moment. I can't believe Sherwood is  earning much so if he gets paid off its not going to amount to much.  Imo AVB always over analysed and over thought - maybe the squad will respond to a less intellectual approach  :lol:

I cannot believe the cheek of Sherwood like :lol:

:lol: This is it for me, he tells a club that have been top 5 for the last 4 seasons that they can fuck off if they think he'll take the job on an interim basis, he's got nothing to prove and will happily go back to his job as youth team manager, and they fucking go for it after 2 games, which weren't even both wins. :lol:

@danielstorey85

British PL managers appointed with no experience are Sbragia, Kean, Gorman, Wilkins, Southgate, Reed, Clarke & McClaren. Not a stellar list.

:laugh:

There's no way that's the full list. Sammy Lee for a start off the top of my head.

@danielstorey85

British PL managers appointed with no experience are Sbragia, Kean, Gorman, Wilkins, Southgate, Reed, Clarke & McClaren. Not a stellar list.

:laugh:

There's no way that's the full list. Sammy Lee for a start off the top of my head.

Hughton ?

Bryan Robson.

Fairly sure he took over in the second tier, ditto Hughton.

I thought Steve Wigley but apparently he'd managed Aldershot.

Another definite though - poor Terry Connor. :lol: (Don't mention the 2-2 :hmm:)

I cannot believe the cheek of Sherwood like :lol:

:lol: This is it for me, he tells a club that have been top 5 for the last 4 seasons that they can fuck off if they think he'll take the job on an interim basis, he's got nothing to prove and will happily go back to his job as youth team manager, and they fucking go for it after 2 games, which weren't even both wins. :lol:

No idea how he works the pedals in his car with those balls in the way.

Guest firetotheworks

Steve Wigley was hilarious like. The Ian Beale of football management. I just remember him being all "well it's hard y'know, being a football manager" in the tone of an old woman.