The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Guest neesy111

They need more than The Best Manager Available. They’re so much more fucked than that.

Setien was an odd choice from the start.

He was 4th choice, no one wanted to touch them.

Whoever goes in there had better be pretty amazing pretty fucking quick cause they're skint and need a major rebuild. Messi can only carry them so far.

I think whoever goes there now is on a hiding to nothing, its hard to see how the level of rebuild required happens in the current market barring selling messi which no barcelona board is going to do willingly. Whoever ends up as manager is just going to be an attempted diversion for the board to draw criticism away from themselves

If Messi left where do you think would be the best fit for him?

Looks like he's lost his motivation for the game now, so if he goes anywhere it'll be China or MLS, maybe his local Argentine team. Don't see him having the desire for any other team

Guest Howaythetoon

Stoke on a wet and rainy Wednesday night.

Stoke on a wet and rainy Wednesday night.

Yes, of course :lol:

I think the Italian league will likely be his next stop should he leave.

Guest neesy111

Looks like he's lost his motivation for the game now, so if he goes anywhere it'll be China or MLS, maybe his local Argentine team. Don't see him having the desire for any other team

What a ridiculous accusation, typical lazy response.

He has more than 30 goals and 25 assists this season  :D.  I know that is lower than what he usually does but that is better than Thierry Henry's best ever season. Every team on the planet wouldn't have a problem accomodating "unmotivated" players like him.

He has more than 30 goals and 25 assists this season  :D.  I know that is lower than what he usually does but that is better than Thierry Henry's best ever season. Every team on the planet wouldn't have a problem accomodating "unmotivated" players like him.

Dont rhink hes saying teams wouldn't want him.....its more what HE wants.

True. I did not read his post correctly. I have been wondering about the Barca and Messi obituaries since yesterday. Yeah, things do look bad. But the problems they have can be fixed by hiring a progressive manager with a clear vision like Poch or Nagelsman. Messi, Dembele, Griezman, Coutinho, Fati - I am sure Poch can come up with a system that gets a tune out of them. Play De Jong in his natural position.

As for the defense, good managers can assemble a fairly robust defense economically. Rafa put together a top 7 premier league defense which can defend on the ground, in the air, and play the ball out on a shoestring budget. I am sure Poch can do the same.

I don't think Barca and Messi's situation is as bad as people are making it out to be.

Guest neesy111

True. I did not read his post correctly. I have been wondering about the Barca and Messi obituaries since yesterday. Yeah, things do look bad. But the problems they have can be fixed by hiring a progressive manager with a clear vision like Poch or Nagelsman. Messi, Dembele, Griezman, Coutinho, Fati - I am sure Poch can come up with a system that gets a tune out of them. Play De Jong in his natural position.

As for the defense, good managers can assemble a fairly robust defense economically. Rafa put together a top 7 premier league defense which can defend on the ground, in the air, and play the ball out on a shoestring budget. I am sure Poch can do the same.

I don't think Barca and Messi's situation is as bad as people are making it out to be.

There financial situation is pretty critical mind, 60% drop in income for 2020/21.