The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

honestly probably City but the list of clubs that actually might be able to buy him is just City PSG and maybe Man Utd

We cannot afford Messi. :lol:

I reckon Adidas might stump up a chunk to see him in an Adidas kit at club level.

Would that even be allowed?

If it involved Manchester United, what do you think :lol:

That's a positive move for them.

It is but seems like the president is getting rid of others to delay things for himself

The elections are in March and he has no chance of winning, should just leave early so the club can start to rebuild properly

Agree totally - a fresh start for everyone

A saving grace for Barca may be that they may actually have a few gems in midfield to come through - most notably Oriel Busquets (no relation but plays  the same role and has the same style), Pedri (play maker) and a couple of midfielders in Alex Callardo and Monchu - so if they can’t spend they can certainly look within

They need a couple of CFs though

Just with the Koeman news, what other examples are there of managers falling upwards? Ones I've thought of so far:

Pardew to us

Martinez to Belgium

Carvahal to Swansea

Guess you can include Bruce but he wasn't sacked by Sheff Wed

Surely Kinnear to us 'wins' this easily?

Kinnear to nufc

Pardew to nufc

Mclaren to nufc

Bruce to nufc

And Steve Kean to NUFC in 2022.

dunno who's stupider, Barca for appointing someone with at best a patchy club managerial record just because he's dutch and played for them or him for taking a job which he will be sacked from before the end of the season and misses out on the euros because of taking the job

He's one of the most beloved ex-players among Barça fans. The board is just trying the old "sign a club legend as coach" trick to appease the fanbase & local media.

It will be a wasted year, and then the true rebuild will start when a new board is elected at the end of next season. Pity to have left Messi's late years to waste.

The most stupid person is Bartomeu, because he thinks putting his head in the sand will save him.

Dude will be out of the club next year no matter what, since Barça presidents can only serve two terms. I don't know what he's trying to do, save his legacy? Too late for that.

Village Idiot[/member] what would you like to see going forward at the club? Anyone in particular you’d be excited about as manager?

I'm pretty glum at the moment. We've wasted money on useless players, and the bank is dry. Our squad is old, and besides De Jong there just isn't much to build for the future.

Honestly, I just want to look at us and think we are well run. If we are well run we'll eventually float back to the top.

Village Idiot[/member] what would you like to see going forward at the club? Anyone in particular you’d be excited about as manager?

I'm pretty glum at the moment. We've wasted money on useless players, and the bank is dry. Our squad is old, and besides De Jong there just isn't much to build for the future.

Honestly, I just want to look at us and think we are well run. If we are well run we'll eventually float back to the top.

I'm sure many will join you in a minute's silence as our hearts bleed for you ;)

I'm sure many will join you in a minute's silence as our hearts bleed for you ;)

;D I'm sure you can dry your tears on the dozens of trophies gained in the last 15 years.

It's all relative though, innit.  It's Barcelona.  Doesn't mean our situation is any better or worse to acknowledge they've been run poorly by their standards lately.

Ask them again when they've gone 51 years without a trophy of any recognition, 65 without a meaningful one, and 93 without a league title

It's all relative though, innit.  It's Barcelona.  Doesn't mean our situation is any better or worse to acknowledge they've been run poorly by their standards lately.

Ask them again when they've gone 51 years without a trophy of any recognition, 65 without a meaningful one, and 93 without a league title

tenor.gif

Ah right, you don't know what relative means.