The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

It's all relative though, innit.  It's Barcelona.  Doesn't mean our situation is any better or worse to acknowledge they've been run poorly by their standards lately.

Ask them again when they've gone 51 years without a trophy of any recognition, 65 without a meaningful one, and 93 without a league title

:thup: Likewise I don't understand why our fans have been trying to get Ashley out of the club all these years. We should probably keep our traps shut until we've fallen down the leagues like sunderland.

Guest neesy111

It's all relative though, innit.  It's Barcelona.  Doesn't mean our situation is any better or worse to acknowledge they've been run poorly by their standards lately.

Ask them again when they've gone 51 years without a trophy of any recognition, 65 without a meaningful one, and 93 without a league title

Relative.....

They are the 2nd biggest club in the world.....

Ah right, you don't know what relative means.

Of course I do. Fully appreciate that not winning everything is a come down, but complaint about not winning something for a season or two on here of all places won't get much sympathy

Of course I do. Fully appreciate that not winning everything is a come down, but complaint about not winning something for a season or two on here of all places won't get much sympathy

He's not moaning about not winning anything, he's concerned they've wasted hundreds of millions of euros on the wrong players and that they're going backwards as a result.

He's not moaning about not winning anything, he's concerned they've wasted hundreds of millions of euros on the wrong players and that they're going backwards as a result.

Welcome to us circa 2005...Owen, Luque etc. A better decision in 2004 and we probably wouldn't have had Ashley, Souness, Pardew, McLaren, Carver,  2 relegations, Bruce, and the cheapest transfer policy in the league

Welcome to us circa 2005...Owen, Luque etc. A better decision in 2004 and we probably wouldn't have had Ashley, Souness, Pardew, McLaren, Carver,  2 relegations, Bruce, and the cheapest transfer policy in the league

You must have some sympathy then, fair enough.

Only in the sense that you can see the bad decisions that they are making now could lead to a decline that may see them without a title for a few years.

Their name and financial clout will see them avoid the terminal decline we saw with Newcastle, going from actual challengers (96), then potential challengers  (03), then hangers on happy to be in the league (08 - present). Quite galling to see that at two points making a better choice could have seen us being sitting near the top on a far more regular basis

Only in the sense that you can see the bad decisions that they are making now could lead to a decline that may see them without a title for a few years.

Their name and financial clout will see them avoid the terminal decline we saw with Newcastle, going from actual challengers (96), then potential challengers  (03), then hangers on happy to be in the league (08 - present). Quite galling to see that at two points making a better choice could have seen us being sitting near the top on a far more regular basis

It's all relative though, innit.

Yeah, we should know our place.

In the same way we should have sympathy for Man United given how big they are.

Apparently its all relative

Nah, Man Utd just had a decent spell in the 90s / 2000s. No sympathy from me.

So how is that any different to Barcelona? Man Utd could have arguably claimed to be in the top 3 biggest teams before they started their own series of bad choices

Where do yous stand on fans of lower league clubs sneering at our efforts to oust Ashley, given we're in the Premier League and should apparently be happy with our lot?

Cos I think their argument is bollocks, because it's all relative.

So how is that any different to Barcelona? Man Utd could have arguably claimed to be in the top 3 biggest teams before they started their own series of bad choices

Personally it's a bit different for me with Man Utd given that I still hate them pretty much, which goes back to the mid 90s.

But objectively I would also say they've been poorly run in recent seasons, and not confuse that with saying their fans are worse off than ours.

Where do yous stand on fans of lower league clubs sneering at our efforts to oust Ashley, given we're in the Premier League and should apparently be happy with our lot?

It is relative, but I doubt we'd get any sympathy on a Rochdale forum complaining about how terrible it is to be in the Premier league

"Cuh, get over it, some fans don't know how good they've got it" was a common non-NUFC fan rebuttal to Newcastle fans whinging about the takeover collapsing on social media.

Empathy isn't a commonly found emotion across football fandom. Some would rather enjoy the schadenfreude than get on board a campaign that - whilst obviously centred on one club in the short term - potentially acts in the interests of dozens and dozens of others.

It's probably the most moronic argument to be made, as it basically insinuates that if you're not rock bottom of the football pyramid, you don't have the right to to complain, which clearly contradicts the very essence of sporting competition.

It's probably the most moronic argument to be made, as it basically insinuates that if you're not rock bottom of the football pyramid, you don't have the right to to complain, which clearly contradicts the very essence of sporting competition.

I don't think it's moronic, it's just looking at it from a different perspective.

I'm sure Rochdale would love to be in our position as much as we'd love to be in Barcelonas.

I don't think it's moronic, it's just looking at it from a different perspective.

I'm sure Rochdale would love to be in our position as much as we'd love to be in Barcelonas.

It is because it invalidates genuine concerns that the fans may have of that respective club by drawing a comparison in bad faith

It's rubbish. Does that mean only fans of the worst club can ever complain? Otherwise it can always be worse.

tenor.gif

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...