The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It’s hard to rate him against mid table managers given what happened at Cardiff. Most premier league managers have achieved something at championship or lower premier league level without having giant financial advantages.

Cardiff was 7 years ago, and he took them over in January and left in September. It's extremely difficult to judge anyone on a spell like that. People putting the likes of Vieira ahead of him is absolute nonsense. :lol: Financial advantages or not he finished second. Not like the clubs around us don't have financial might.

Is the Championship much stronger than the Eliteserien? I'm not so sure.

29 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Cardiff was 7 years ago, and he took them over in January and left in September. It's extremely difficult to judge anyone on a spell like that. People putting the likes of Vieira ahead of him is absolute nonsense. :lol: Financial advantages or not he finished second. Not like the clubs around us don't have financial might.

Eliteserien > AS Roma at least :lol: 

53 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Most people are judging him on his disastrous spells with both of Cardiff and Man Utd.

Pardew finished 5th once. That doesn’t make him a good manager neither.

Why are Man U keeping Solskjaer? It's just baffling, not that I mind him staying there like. There fans must be so pissed off (again don't mind that!). Nothing will change for them until they get someone else in.

The funny thing about Ole is that you only hear the excuses for why he's not a terrible manager. You don't hear many reasons for why he is a good manager.

Would any other club in the premier league take Ole after he leaves Man U? 

Edited by Joey47

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Makes me more comfortable about our manager search.

Villa are a way more attractive prospect than us, their squad is miles ahead of ours and don't forget they aren't afraid of spending money either.

But, their shortlist is about on par with our shortlist.

44 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

The funny thing about Ole is that you only hear the excuses for why he's not a terrible manager. You don't hear many reasons for why he is a good manager.

Would any other club in the premier league take Ole after he leaves Man U? 

https://talksport.com/football/977759/frank-lampard-favourite-norwich-city-daniel-farke-chelsea/

If they take Lampard they'd take OGS.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Lack of suitable candidates willing to take over mid-season.

This is Solskjaer's last season unless there's a miracle. 

Aye I suppose. It may be a long wait for Man U fans then. Yeah be interesting to see if any prem clubs go after him in the future, can't see it like!

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

This role is becoming more poisonous than ours. Anything less than a title is considered a failure, and there's probably only 2 or 3 in the world that could do that currently and at least 2 are at Man Us biggest rivals.

Time for Man U to get creative and look outside the box in the same way Arsenal did when they found Wenger messing around in the J-League

Or they could put their money where their mouth is, and follow all the pundits suggestions of how good a manager Bruce is and go with him. He did such a good job with us, imagine how well he could do with Man U, freedom to spend and fans that only have good memories of him....after all he knows and loves the club.

Edited by gjohnson
amusement

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d wait until the summer if I was them and go all out for Simeone or if not, try and get Zidane in now.

Think Simeone's set for his career now...all Man U can offer him is grief and even more cash than he's already on. 

Seriously doubt Zidane would go anywhere but French national team, or Juventus now. Might end up at Bordeaux in about 10 years if he ends up not being as good as everyone thinks/

Allegeri was available for most the time Ole has been in the job, Conte too, really feel they missed the boat on that one. 

Zizou seems to waiting for the French job where he has a similar God like status as he had at Madrid. He's one of those one where you take him out of Madrid it's an open question how he will do elsewhere. 

Not really an available name now so they are stuck with Ole until further notice. 

39 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I mean you could have employed Conte 2 weeks ago

Would be interesting to see Hjulmand in the Premier League. There's no doubt he's done a great job with Denmark but he falls into the same bracket as Southgate for me.

He hasn't really done anything of note in club football has he outside of a league title in Denmark 9 years ago? Could be somewhat of a risky hire for Villa at the moment?

Edited by clintdempsey

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I mean you could have employed Conte 2 weeks ago

Do you think Conte is suitable? 18 month contract with Spurs speaks volumes. It always ends in disaster; falling out with players, the board, the fans etc. We want stability, which Conte doesn't provide. Conte is probably a better coach than Rodgers, but I'd much rather Rodgers. Conte wanted us, but we didn't want Conte.

If Poch was available at the same time Conte was, I have no doubt Ole would be gone.

40 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Anything less than a title is considered a failure

I don't buy this at all. We know we're miles off Liverpool and City. Ole is there 3 years and we weren't expecting the title even this season, just a title challenge. A bit of fight at least.

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I don't buy this at all. We know we're miles off Liverpool and City. Ole is there 3 years and we weren't expecting the title even this season, just a title challenge. A bit of fight at least.

While I do agree Solskjaer hasn't done that bad a job since he took over I think you just need to look at Chelsea to see why he probably needs binned. Chelsea were miles behind Man Utd when Tuchel took over. In less than a year he has turned Chelsea into a real title contender.