The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

On 07/11/2021 at 14:33, HTT II said:

I don’t get the hate for Lampard like, it’s weird, he’s done relatively well in his only two jobs and now all of a sudden he’s another Bruce? ‘Kin hell [emoji38]

I just don’t like how he was being praised for giving their youth a chance when in reality it was down to their embargo, then first sign of a budget the likes of Tomori & Abraham were dumped.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I just don’t like how he was being praised for giving their youth a chance when in reality it was down to their embargo, then first sign of a budget the likes of Tomori & Abraham were dumped.

This....he seems to have gotten a great reputation for giving youth a chance, when in reality he didn't actually have any other choice.

Find it bizarre any manager would go on holiday during an international break.

Aye, senior players may not be around, but I assumed the coaching staff would be working on their tactical approach to the next few matches, as well as everything else a manager should be doing (working with the scouting department, considering improvements, taking a look at the youth products, working with the players still at the club).

Wonder if Klopp and Guardiola are in Tenerife.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Aye, senior players may not be around, but I assumed the coaching staff would be working on their tactical approach to the next few matches, as well as everything else a manager should be doing (working with the scouting department, considering improvements, taking a look at the youth products, working with the players still at the club).

Agreed, but in OGS case I imagine he is in every day for long hours unlike bacon face Bruce, so probably feels it’s a good time now to relax, I also imagine Man Utd will have a lot of players away at all levels. If this was Bruce taking another holiday I’d be livid.

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Especially one under the pressure Ole is who’s team is underperforming 

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Pep is in Barcelona 

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

Agreed, but in OGS case I imagine he is in every day for long hours unlike bacon face Bruce, so probably feels it’s a good time now to relax, I also imagine Man Utd will have a lot of players away at all levels. If this was Bruce taking another holiday I’d be livid.

Isn't on "holiday." Visiting family in Norway.

Very petty thing this to try and tackle him with. Absolutely no problems with it. 

25 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Tbf most of manu squad are internationals so will be away. Ours however, most will be watching on the tele like the rest of the plebs so could do extra sessions. 

MANCHESTER UNITED PLAYERS NOT ON INTERNATIONAL DUTY: 

Goalkeepers: Lee Grant, Tom Heaton, Dean Henderson

Defenders: Raphael Varane, Phil Jones, Alex Telles, Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Midfielders: Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Amad Diallo, Nemanja Matic, Donny van de Beek

Forwards: Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Jadon Sancho

players and staff are surprised at being given a week off…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10179747/Manchester-United-players-staff-surprised-given-week-wake-derby-defeat.html

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

MANCHESTER UNITED PLAYERS NOT ON INTERNATIONAL DUTY: 

Goalkeepers: Lee Grant, Tom Heaton, Dean Henderson

Defenders: Raphael Varane, Phil Jones, Alex Telles, Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Midfielders: Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard, Amad Diallo, Nemanja Matic, Donny van de Beek

Forwards: Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Jadon Sancho

players and staff are surprised at being given a week off…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10179747/Manchester-United-players-staff-surprised-given-week-wake-derby-defeat.html

43 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Isn't on "holiday." Visiting family in Norway.

Very petty thing this to try and tackle him with. Absolutely no problems with it. 

:lol: 

Clueless.

2 hours ago, xLiaaamx said:

I was raging when Bruce did it here tbf.

It “made sense” with Bruce - every international week as a player, he was the only one not away so Fergie gave him time off.

Solskjaer was a Norway regular for much of his career, wasn’t he?

Edited by Raconteur
Very important quotation marks