Unusual/Uncool players you really like

Disco

Kevin Phillips - despite the obvious Sunderland link. Also Julia Arca 2000-2003.

Agreed.

For me the ultimate footballer crush is/was Tim Cahill. Really disliked his bust-up with Cabaye, which he seemed to have every reason for.

For a while I also really enjoyed Cameron Jerome, must have seen his one good game thought it to be representative.

Lucas Leiva

This.

Ricardo quaresma always loved watching him play

Terrible player.

Funny barca & inter didn't think so.

Pretty sure they did considering they both flogged him after he flopped massively. :lol:

Playing in the UAE whilst still in his 20s tells you all you need to know.

Again it wasn't a lack of ability which lead to this it was his couldn't give a fuck attitude which lead to that.

Back in the day he was pegged as having more ability than Ronaldo.

I also had a big soft spot for Hugo Viana

Kevin Phillips - despite the obvious Sunderland link. Also Julia Arca 2000-2003.

Agreed.

For me the ultimate footballer crush is/was Tim Cahill. Really disliked his bust-up with Cabaye, which he seemed to have every reason for.

For a while I also really enjoyed Cameron Jerome, must have seen his one good game thought it to be representative.

Yeah Cahill is another good one. Still doing the business for New York in MLS.

Yakubu. Another one with the knack of just scoring for fun. We hear excuses for Cisse that he doesn't get service or whatever, he played for average teams like Portsmouth, Boro and one of the poorest Premier League teams since Derby 2007-8 in Blackburn, yet still banged them in.

Ricardo Fuller. One of the most under-rated goals of the Premier League era when he skinned Laursen for Villa. If that had been a Bergkamp, Henry, Zola, it'd be one of the iconic Premier League goals.

Busquets, Mendieta and Veron... weren't they all more or less some of the best in their positions in Europe? I don't think they can be unfashionable really, even if the former is a cunt and the latter didn't come off in England/career tailed off in Mendieta's case.

Busquets, Mendieta and Veron... weren't they all more or less some of the best in their positions in Europe? I don't think they can be unfashionable really, even if the former is a c*** and the latter didn't come off in England/career tailed off in Mendieta's case.

Yea I would agree but I'd say all of them have a huge amount of doubters are a largely unpopular

Quaresma's talent was overrated tbh, mainly due to the explosion of Youtube at a similar time.

He was never as talented as the media claimed he was, did a few Rabona's and was considered gods gift to football.

He was talented sure but never as talented as claimed, there's quite a few footballers who are like that actually.