2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saborio out for Costa Rica. There goes their chance of making the knock-out stages.

I guess you could say...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐□-□

(⌐□_□)

No les gustarán el sabor de derrota.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

:yao: Or not. Fuck do I know.

I just looked in the top 3 and didn't see Garrincha there. That was enough to say that's an absolute s*** list. Didn't even look beyond that. Only other player except Maradona to win a World Cup completely singlehandedly. He also won in '58.  Shambles of a list.

I can't argue too much with Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer tbh - though I'd certainly have him higher than ninth.

Messi :lol: Even the describing text is explaining how s**** he's been at the WC.

Messi was the best player in the group stages at the last World Cup. He was a substitute in 2006.

He was easily Argies best player at the 2010 World Cup, just plain unlucky. Created so many chances, hit the woodwork so often.  Just didn't get the rub of the green and Messi v Ronaldo fanboys just look at goals.

I just looked in the top 3 and didn't see Garrincha there. That was enough to say that's an absolute s*** list. Didn't even look beyond that. Only other player except Maradona to win a World Cup completely singlehandedly. He also won in '58.  Shambles of a list.

I can't argue too much with Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer tbh - though I'd certainly have him higher than ninth.

In Brazil many consider his World Cup history to have been far better than Pele who after all won the '70 with a great team, '62 he didn't even play, Garrincha won it singlehandedly and '58 we won it when the manager decided to start playing both as both were on the bench. But many players get there on club merits rather than World Cup such as Zico, Messi etc who won nothing. Ronaldinho ahead of Rivaldo as well. Whole list just screams 'I KNOW NOTHING' :lol: but it's still an interesting read nonetheless.

Messi :lol: Even the describing text is explaining how s**** he's been at the WC.

Messi was the best player in the group stages at the last World Cup. He was a substitute in 2006.

He was easily Argies best player at the 2010 World Cup, just plain unlucky. Created so many chances, hit the woodwork so often.  Just didn't get the rub of the green and Messi v Ronaldo fanboys just look at goals.

Unlucky? Is that the term we use for Messi in 2010 when they were rightfully battered by Germany? Maradona won it singlehandedly, without much help. Cristiano has had a far more successful international career than Messi, and I'm a Messi fanboy when it comes to this dicussion since I think he's 10x the 'footballer' Cristiano is.

Saborio out for Costa Rica. There goes their chance of making the knock-out stages.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f70/DeadlyMangoChutney/alan-partridge-shrug-o1.gif

That actually got me more excited about the World Cup than anything so far. It's so weird to be in the US for the build-up.

Brolin in the Top 100, though?

Was class in '94.

Would have though Nils Liedholm would be a better Swedish choice though. Is he in there? /hipsterfootballfan

Both should be on the list. Strange no swede from the 1958s runners up is on the list. Brolin should be a bit higher in the list. World class player until his career ending injury autumn 94. He never come back in good shape and made fool of himself in Leeds.

That actually got me more excited about the World Cup than anything so far. It's so weird to be in the US for the build-up.

Was class in '94.

Would have though Nils Liedholm would be a better Swedish choice though. Is he in there? /hipsterfootballfan

Both should be on the list. Strange no swede from the 1958s runners up is on the list. Brolin should be a bit higher in the list. World class player until his career ending injury autumn 94. He never come back in good shape and made fool of himself in Leeds.

It's a list for the 100 best players in World Cup history, think they tried to get it as geographically spread as possible, because while Brolin had one very good World Cup I'm not sure he was really Sweden's best player in the 94 World Cup. Dahlin - Andersson was a lethal strike partnership which forced Brolin to play the free-role. Liedholm I've been told wasn't the best either for the '58 side, heard Hamrin was better during that World Cup and scored more. It's so interesting to watch the games from back then, ESPN Classic is definitely a favourite channel. Watching the old World Cup games is as appealing as it gets for me. The sheer quality on those bad pitches with those heavy leather balls. Class.

Was class in '94.

It's a list for the 100 best players in World Cup history, think they tried to get it as geographically spread as possible, because while Brolin had one very good World Cup I'm not sure he was really Sweden's best player in the 94 World Cup. Dahlin - Andersson was a lethal strike partnership which forced Brolin to play the free-role. Liedholm I've been told wasn't the best either for the '58 side, heard Hamrin was better during that World Cup and scored more. It's so interesting to watch the games from back then, ESPN Classic is definitely a favourite channel. Watching the old World Cup games is as appealing as it gets for me. The sheer quality on those bad pitches with those heavy leather balls. Class.

I figured Liedholm for the Gre-No-Li stuff, and isn't he the oldest scorer in the final? Was also voted Sweden's sportsman of the millennium, or some such.

Was class in '94.

I figured Liedholm for the Gre-No-Li stuff, and isn't he the oldest scorer in the final? Was also voted Sweden's sportsman of the millennium, or some such.

Like I said, he was, but that was because of his achievements in Italian and Swedish football, not because of his achievements at the World Cup. Actually it was Lennart Skoglund who represented Sweden in the 'Dream Team' and neither of Hamrin or Liedholm were there.

Iniesta should be higher especially when you consider how high the likes of Messi, Xavi and Ronaldo are

I don't see Cristiano, and the Fenomeno won two golds, one silver and is the best goalscorer of all time in the competition. Do agree though that if Xavi is at 15 then Iniesta has to be there as well. Think we all agree list is a bit shit :lol:

Iniesta should be higher especially when you consider how high the likes of Messi, Xavi and Ronaldo are

I don't see Cristiano, and the Fenomeno won two golds, one silver and is the best goalscorer of all time in the competition. Do agree though that if Xavi is at 15 then Iniesta has to be there as well. Think we all agree list is a bit shit :lol:

Obviously meant Cristiano, he is no.33

I don't see Cristiano, and the Fenomeno won two golds, one silver and is the best goalscorer of all time in the competition. Do agree though that if Xavi is at 15 then Iniesta has to be there as well. Think we all agree list is a bit s*** :lol:

Obviously meant Cristiano, he is no.33

Missed him. WTF is that list :lol: