2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So is Tiki-taka dead?

not had all that good a year. And I'd personally hope the more extreme form where possession is the sole goal rather than any real attempt to score as many goals as possible is dead and gone.

Think teams are better set up to play against it now

No way have they  scraped two tournament wins. Ludicrous

They were a Luka Modric header away from being knocked out at the Group Stages in 2012. Modric heads a yard either side and Spain would have gone out without a whimper having sat back in all of their group games creating next to nothing. Fuck knows how they went on to win the entire tournament (lack of quality opposition mostly). That Euro 2012 final was ridiculous as it showed what Spain could do if they bothered to attack a bit (and it was the only time they bothered to attack with numbers forward in that tournament).

So is Tiki-taka dead?

not had all that good a year. And I'd personally hope the more extreme form where possession is the sole goal rather than any real attempt to score as many goals as possible is dead and gone.

:thup: There is nothing boring about possession when you know the purpose of every possession is to create a chance but its really boring IMO when they keep it for ages without taking any risks. I'd prefer the Chile or Dortmund style of play

So is Tiki-taka dead?

Think teams are better set up to play against it now

nature of things, formations and systems come and go as teams get the chance to watch it repeatedly they're bound to figure out the best way to play against it sooner or later especially in the modern era with the much larger amount of information and videos of games available to study how teams play.

No way have they  scraped two tournament wins. Ludicrous

They were a Luka Modric header away from being knocked out at the Group Stages in 2012. Modric heads a yard either side and Spain would have gone out without a whimper having sat back in all of their group games creating next to nothing. Fuck knows how they went on to win the entire tournament (lack of quality opposition mostly). That Euro 2012 final was ridiculous as it showed what Spain could do if they bothered to attack a bit (and it was the only time they bothered to attack with numbers forward in that tournament).

They didn't sit back in all their group games to be fair :lol: