2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can categorically say that Gorgeous George Samaras is vastly worse than the majority of Premiership footballers.

Exactly; the evidence being the seasons he spent immitating a Premier League footballer at City.

I can categorically say that Gorgeous George Samaras is vastly worse than the majority of Premiership footballers.

Exactly; the evidence being the seasons he spent immitating a Premier League footballer at City.

That Diego Forlan was a shit footballer also because he failed in the premier league, oh wait, he won best player in the last world cup

Samaras isn't a bad player at all. Anyone that has seen Greece or Celtic know he's no world beater, but he's an ok footballer who has found his level at Celtic and for the Greece team.

That Diego Forlan was a shit footballer also because he failed in the premier league, oh wait, he won best player in the last world cup

:lol: Oh dear

Imagine defending a shit Greek Celtic player just because you're Irish. Imagine that.

:lol: :lol:

He's hilariously ungainly for a winger, even more so than Gutierrez. And he is shit, relatively speaking.

Relative to who? Messi Ronaldo, Robben yes he probably is but he isn't shit relative to most players at this tournament

Relatively shit to most of the players we see on a weekly basis.

Most of the players we see every weekend? :lol: Okay we watch Newcastle every weekend. He is not shit compared to any of Newcastle's players that play

Samaras in a side managed by Pardew would comically bad. But yeah, I can categorically say that Gorgeous George Samaras is vastly worse than the majority of Premiership footballers. He played well against Germany but I thought Karagunis was better for Greece, I'd leave that claim to someone with more authority to say though as I honesty never paid that much attention other than that 1 mental game, because Greece.

So you're saying he's shit based on nothing :thup:

No, and for you to have came to that conclusion I'm going to have to assume you cannot read. I'm saying that I'm not going to outright declare who "Greece's best player" was in a tournament that happened 2 years ago for the sake of strengthening my argument, like yourself. I didn't really study Greece of 2012. I know Samaras is relatively shite having seen him play many times in about half a dozen different competitions.

:lol: :lol:

Looking forward to Samaras getting the World Cup Golden Ball and two European golden boots.

Samaras isn't a bad player at all. Anyone that has seen Greece or Celtic know he's no world beater, but he's an ok footballer who has found his level at Celtic and for the Greece team.

Fucking exactly. I'm not saying he's brilliant but he's not shit

f***ing exactly. I'm not saying he's brilliant but he's not s***

Yeah but you also compared him to Forlan :p

:lol: Oh dear

Imagine defending a shit Greek Celtic player just because you're Irish. Imagine that.

I don't support Celtic and don't watch the Scottish league. My opinion is based on watching him play in international tournaments and in the champions league, not a stint in the premier league 6 years ago

:lol: that's the point though isn't it?

He's a lanky Championship standard winger who has the ability to beat a man now and then, and look hillarious whilst doing it. He was a shit Premiership player and I've got reason to believe that has changed.

f***ing exactly. I'm not saying he's brilliant but he's not s***

Yeah but you also compared him to Forlan :p

That's because people are judging him on a bad spell in the premier league 6 years ago. If you applied the same principle to Forlan, people would think he is shit

People don't think Forlan is shit because he immediately moved to Villareal and tore the Spanish league apart pretty much ever since :lol:

had he moved to Celtic and continued to be a shite footballer then I'm guessing people would still consider him to be a shite footballer.

Honestly, once you move out of the major Western European powers, international form and club performance seem to correlate less and less. The boy has done alright whenever I have borne witness to his performances for his country, and there is no reason to believe that will not continue.

:lol: that's the point though isn't it?

He's a lanky Championship standard winger who has the ability to beat a man now and then, and look hillarious whilst doing it. He was a s*** Premiership player and I've got reason to believe that has changed.

Well then our team is full of shit players, because I rather have Samaras on the wing than the Gouffran I saw these last 6 months.