2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just cannot break Italy down when they go all Italy on you. That Canderwhatever fucking tormented Baines too, other than that I think we look to have more than enough about us to beat Uruguay and Costa Rica, it won't be easy but I still think we're strong favourites for 2nd.

Guest palnese

Two pretty poor sides, imo. Not impressed by either team.

Both will probably go through, but England will struggle.

The best we've played in ages and yet we've lost. There were some promising signs though, Sterling in particular has justified his position in the starting 11 and our attacking play was decent tonight.

Rooney was so frustrating tonight though, argh.

Pressure's on for Thursday, Uruguay will be up for it and we need to be up for it too, we have to be.

Deserved a draw, like.

Like fuck did we. We had a good 10 minutes in the 2nd half, and had 3 decent attacks in the first half, 1 of which we scored from. Italy didn't have to do much because when Italy were in possession we did fuck all. In the 2nd half no one wanted to set anyone else up, all it was from us was our players running into a crowd of their players or our players shooting from distance instead of playing someone else in.

Game over. Shame for England. I fear that may be the end of this World Cup for yous.

:lol: what?

Take no notice. ....most the forrins are gloating . Even ones who ain't even qualified.

Who is gloating?

Pirlo was absolutely majestic. So calm on the ball. The guy is pure class.

England will still go through. Enough in tonight's showing to think a win again Uruguay and Costa Rica is possible.

Two pretty poor sides, imo. Not impressed by either team.

Both will probably go through, but England will struggle.

Thought England looked much better than I remember having seen them tbh. Italy is Italy, never impressed by them, but like some say, they do enough to beat you and that's what's needed.

Pirlo was absolutely majestic. So calm on the ball. The guy is pure class.

England will still go through. Enough in tonight's showing to think a win again Uruguay and Costa Rica is possible.

Best performance in defeat we have had in ages....bit more cutting edge from strikers, bit more desire to get on the end of things and who knows.

Positives for me.

After the disgrace of 4 years ago this is a million miles from that. Its all about the next Euros and 2018.

Deserved a draw, like.

Like fuck did we. We had a good 10 minutes in the 2nd half, and had 3 decent attacks in the first half, 1 of which we scored from. Italy didn't have to do much because when Italy were in possession we did fuck all. In the 2nd half no one wanted to set anyone else up, all it was from us was our players running into a crowd of their players or our players shooting from distance instead of playing someone else in.

Of course we deserved a draw man. Didn't you watch it?

Game over. Shame for England. I fear that may be the end of this World Cup for yous.

:lol: what?

Realistically you will now have to beat both Uruguay (who also need the win to stay in the tournament) and Costa Rica (who will also be in with a chance of qualifying at that stage after today's win). Tall order.

If Uruguay had won today I'd agree, but Costa Rica beating them by 2 means 4 points will probably do it imo.

England looked like exactly what they are...talented, quick and inexperienced at this level. I didn't expect Italy to be that good and efficient that early on. Didn't deserve to lose, but probably won't be consistent enough to get maximum points from Uruguay and Costa Rica.