2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People underestimating Algeria a bit. They've got heart. Be surprised if this is easy for Belgium.

They only barely qualified (on away goals, I think) with a dodgy win over Burkina Faso.

:yao:

Hey, it's accurate. Algeria will still do nowt. Gifted a penalty, nothing more.

Gifted?

Needless foul.

What? :spit:

Are you watching a different game?

I must be. In the Belgium v Algeria match I am watching Vertonghen pulled back from behind a forward in the penalty area, who would otherwise have got a one on one chance with the goalkeeper. What game are you watching?

In the game I'm watching the cross into the box was garbage and the ball was bouncing over the forward's head.

Cool. Which game is this? I might watch a stream on my laptop.

I thought it was debatable whether he'd get there or not. Which match am I watching?

Class debate btw

People underestimating Algeria a bit. They've got heart. Be surprised if this is easy for Belgium.

They only barely qualified (on away goals, I think) with a dodgy win over Burkina Faso.

Gifted?

Needless foul.

I must be. In the Belgium v Algeria match I am watching Vertonghen pulled back from behind a forward in the penalty area, who would otherwise have got a one on one chance with the goalkeeper. What game are you watching?

In the game I'm watching the cross into the box was garbage and the ball was bouncing over the forward's head.

The ref obviously agrees with me, hence only a yellow card. The striker was never getting on the end of it.

Gifted?

Needless foul.

The ref obviously agrees with me, hence only a yellow card. The striker was never getting on the end of it.

:thup: Debatable but I'm of the same belief as you. Stupid foul by Vertonghen nonetheless. Even if he gets to the ball the chance he'll score is even smaller.

Gifted?

Needless foul.

:thup: Debatable but I'm of the same belief as you. Stupid foul by Vertonghen nonetheless. Even if he gets to the ball the chance he'll score is even smaller.

I don't understand how it is gifted though? I think we can all agree a penalty was the correct decision. Vertonghen was caught out by the Algerian's movement and felt he had to hit the hand break. Whether the forward would have actually got to the ball or scored is irrelevant. If that was a "gifted" goal every penalty is, or indeed every goal, because without people making mistakes there wouldn't be (m)any goals.

How/why is Marc Wilmots the manager of Belgium? Has this ever been addressed?

He was a reasonable forward for them during darker days, sure, and that's great but how has he landed this job with this generation?

Gifted?

Needless foul.

I don't understand how it is gifted though? I think we can all agree a penalty was the correct decision. Vertonghen was caught out by the Algerian's movement and felt he had to hit the hand break. Whether the forward would have actually got to the ball or scored is irrelevant. If that was a "gifted" goal every penalty is, or indeed every goal, because without people making mistakes there wouldn't be (m)any goals.

Fair enough. I describe it as "gifted" because if he'd paid attention to the flight of the ball and just let it run instead of making the foul there would have been no goal. Fouling cost his team the goal. He actively caused his team to go behind. If he'd done nothing they'd still be level. To me, that's gifting Algeria a pen/goal.

Gifted?

Needless foul.

Fair enough. I describe it as "gifted" because if he'd paid attention to the flight of the ball and just let it run instead of making the foul there would have been no goal. Fouling cost his team the goal. He actively caused his team to go behind. If he'd done nothing they'd still be level. To me, that's gifting Algeria a pen/goal.

:thup:

Gifted?

Needless foul.

I still don't think it's 100% certain the forward wouldn't have got to that cross though. Can't be proven either way.