2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Federer to win Wimbledon. Kneedull is a mug. :bluestar:

Can't see it personally, but do hope Nadal crashes out again.

It's a complete load of s*** like :lol:

It wasn't complete shite when Messi got barrels load of abuse for getting knocked out of the quarters, not sure why Ronaldo gets a pass when you know damn well if Messi did the same thing in the same situation he's not getting no pass.

It's not good enough for the worlds best players to not perform on the biggest stage, stuff like this is baffling to me.

Guest firetotheworks

Well, for a start, Messi wouldn't get a pass, but then Messi has Aguero, Higuan, Di Maria and Zabaletta playing alongside him. Ronaldo has literally no one anywhere near his level. I would still defend Messi fwiw because I think the Champions League is a far better measure of a player than the World Cup.

I actually started the game thinking I wanted Portugal to win. Then Nani scored, and I remembered why I don't like Portugal. Then I saw CRonaldo and I remembered why I detest them. 

U S A U S A U S A U S A U S A

Also, Fabian Johnson was excellent.

Johnson literally had the freedom of his flank.  Considering that,  I wouldn't describe his performance as excellent.

:anguish:

You can only beat what's in front of you and CRonaldo couldn't create smack from that side of the pitch. Had it been a british player you'd be singing the praises. It's a weird one, everytime a US player has a good game you lot always try to find excuses.

I actually started the game thinking I wanted Portugal to win. Then Nani scored, and I remembered why I don't like Portugal. Then I saw CRonaldo and I remembered why I detest them. 

Johnson literally had the freedom of his flank.  Considering that,  I wouldn't describe his performance as excellent.

You can only beat what's in front of you and CRonaldo couldn't create smack from that side of the pitch. Had it been a british player you'd be singing the praises. It's a weird one, everytime a US player has a good game you lot always try to find excuses.

Hark at Alan Brazil [emoji1]

Incidentally your post is bollocks. Ive said Dempsey was outstanding and one or two others impressed me too. Beasley for one.  But to say someone was excellent who basically had the freedom of his side of the pitch is a tad over the top.He had a good game. And at the very least USA deserved their point.

Incidentally your post is bollocks. Ive said Dempsey was outstanding and one or two others impressed me too. Beasley for one.  But to say someone was excellent who basically had the freedom of his side of the pitch is a tad over the top.He had a good game. And at the very least USA deserved their point.

Agreed on Beasley as well for most parts. But Dempsey had legs for 45minutes and then faded

Until the goal. We'll have to agree to disagree on Johnson. I thought he was excellent. Jones also had avery good game and was all over in that midfield.