2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just having a look at some of the squads for the World Cup - what's happened to the Dutch?  Their squad looks really average.  Am I underestimating some of their players?

No, we've gone for youth over experience. Had to after 2012 in a way, but we're definitely not blessed with a great generation. We'll probably play 532 too.. :anguish:

Still, I do expect us to survive the group stage.

What do you predict to be the starting lineup?

Cillessen

Janmaat  Veltman/De Vrij  Vlaar    Martins Indi  Blind

De Jong

De Guzman    Sneijder

Robben          Van Persie

Something like that

Doesn't look great. Surely you have someone better than De Guzman. You Dutch love your midfielders

Are Lens and Elia crap then? Thought you could play 4-3-3 with Robben, RVP and one of them. De Jong, Sneijder and VDV in middle?

Elia is not even in the 30 man squad. Agree Van der Vaart could be in there for De Guzman, but he's coming off the back of a disappointing season.

In case I'm in the same place as anyone else off here at any time here are my plans. Let me know if you fancy a beer!

17 - 20 June - Sao Paulo

20 June - 2 July mainly in Porto Alegre and surrounding area but will also visit Igazu Falls during this period (not sure exactly when).

2 - 4 July - Rio de Janerio.

4 - 8 July - Ubatuba

8 - 12 July - Paraty

12 - 14 July Sao Paulo (but might change)

Haven't really thought much about the World Cup until waking up this morning! Had some crazy World Cup dream where I had a kick about with Pele and Steve Mclaren of all people and now I can't wait!

Of all the people to socialize with.  :lol:

Extremely gutted at lack of Totti in Italy's squad. Really thought Prandelli will go for it, as Totti had given the green light.

Why would Prandelli pick him though?

Think it would be massively wrong to call him up when he didn't even put any effort in to get them to qualify. Balotelli will turn up for them like he always does when wearing an Italy shirt.

^ he's been one of the best players in serie A this season and it's not like Italy are blessed with world class attacking talent

World Class maybe, but there's very few countries who have a better selection of forwards than Italy do at this World Cup.

Arena Corinthians had it's first official game yesterday as Corinthians lost  :dave:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XTdK2VCwu5c/U3k36fJ-HlI/AAAAAAABPqM/KRN4tytYjAU/s1600/images-cms-image-000372062.jpg

Upper sections behind the goals are FIFA's temporary stands and won't be a part of the stadium when the World Cup is done.

Bn8IO_hCYAAx4ZV.jpg:large