Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

I'm proud of the effort and fight, it showed me these guys care and just maybe we start putting in some consistent performances? Going down a man in our recent history generally means we fall apart. Not yesterday, we fought incredibly hard to try and win the match, ultimately getting 1 point.

Just watched the full game. It was a really great effort from pretty much every one of our players, they fought for everything. The one thing that slightly grated was the fact that in the 2nd half, pardew should've swapped ben arfa with remy and I reckon we would've won, it was blatantly obvious to most people. Either way, well chuffed with a draw and hopefully puts us in good stead for the mackem trip, which will be just as tough no matter what some may say, as form can mean fuck all when it comes to derbies. That said, we all know they're there for the taking..

"Liverpool denied by 10 man Newcastle". Erm, hello? We were in the lead twice!

The daily mail have a headline saying "Youngster Dummet rescues a point for Newcastle", forgetting that youngster Dummet came on to score a goal to put us a goal up

MOTD is so shit its unbelievable. They showed Chelsea and Man U winning corners which led to nothing without showing some of our shots on goal ffs. Hell, they even showed one highlight yes ONE highlight of the first half of the Mackem game. They waste so much time waffling on and showing trailers for MOTD2 etc etc. The programme is total shit tbh.

The coming up/still to come things really annoy me. :lol: Just show the fixtures on screen in the intro, job done.

MOTD is so shit its unbelievable. They showed Chelsea and Man U winning corners which led to nothing without showing some of our shots on goal ffs. Hell, they even showed one highlight yes ONE highlight of the first half of the Mackem game. They waste so much time waffling on and showing trailers for MOTD2 etc etc. The programme is total shit tbh.

The coming up/still to come things really annoy me. :lol: Just show the fixtures on screen in the intro, job done.

10 minutes more or less talking to Roy Hodgson about England the other week was the nail in the coffin for me...noone gave a fuck.

Sunday mirror roundup is pretty fair.

Just had a poke around the web site and fell upon their MotD live blog. Christ on a bike. :lol:

It’s not a 4-3 but it’s not far off on the OMG-AMAZINGometer – the sort of match that people are talking about when they laughably call the Premier League the best in the world.

There’s another goal apiece, more near misses, more penalty appeals and a dream for a local lad called ‘Paul Dummet’ who scores a goal near his house or something.

Somewhere, Jimmy Nail is in tears. And Sting as well, hopefully.

Someone's getting paid for that.

Abso-fkn-lutely. You have no idea how much I agree with this. :clap:

Sunday mirror roundup is pretty fair.

Just had a poke around the web site and fell upon their MotD live blog. Christ on a bike. :lol:

It’s not a 4-3 but it’s not far off on the OMG-AMAZINGometer – the sort of match that people are talking about when they laughably call the Premier League the best in the world.

There’s another goal apiece, more near misses, more penalty appeals and a dream for a local lad called ‘Paul Dummet’ who scores a goal near his house or something.

Somewhere, Jimmy Nail is in tears. And Sting as well, hopefully.

Someone's getting paid for that.

New job Oakie?

Possibly already mentioned but that was the worst Liverpool following for quite some time. The numbers were there but the support was terrible. For once the tedious "your support is Fucking shit" was warranted. Heard them celebrate both goals and that was all. 1-1 and the oppo down a man and they gave nothing to their team.

Possibly already mentioned but that was the worst Liverpool following for quite some time. The numbers were there but the support was terrible. For once the tedious "your support is f***ing s***" was warranted. Heard them celebrate both goals and that was all. 1-1 and the oppo down a man and they gave nothing to their team.

I think they expected to roll us over and couldn't respond when they weren't doing so.

Could hear them sing Fields of Anfield Road at one point tbf.

A chant which I utterly despise, mainly for the "where once the King Kenny played - AND COULD HE PLAY!!?!?!?!" bit.

Was straight after they equalised at 2-2.

Fully agree with madras, they were very quiet considering the numbers and that they played alright.

That ultra-loud smokebomb thing did make me touch cloth though so fair play on that one.

Was straight after they equalised at 2-2.

Fully agree with madras, they were very quiet considering the numbers and that they played alright.

That ultra-loud smokebomb thing did make me touch cloth though so fair play on that one.

The load bang couldn't have been a smoke bomb as it didn't create any smoke.