Cowardice

Away Toon

Aye, just a game lads. Calm down. Just a game...

To me its not about the game.... although that pissed me off no end as well..

The main point is the fact the club is run by people with no interest in the football team and constantly peddle mediocrity treating its fans like shit and flinging said shit in their face.

All i want ( as i'm sure everyone does) is to be treated with respect and a little ambition shown, is that too much to ask? sadly it seems like it is and when it comes down to it what are we supporting here?

A owner who doesn't give two shits about the football side of things, a manager who is a lying, inept twat among other things and a team which really doesn't give a shit and all in all no one has any interest than peddle the mediocrity from the top.

Sadly some of this said mediocrity and small time thinking has spread its way to a percentage of the supporters, who i feel its ok to accept mid table mediocrity or worse this is what Ashley has done to this football club among many other things which we all know at this point.

I will say one thing it certainly isn't the football club i fell in love with as a 4 year old and as the weeks and months go by the cancer is spreading and as Steve Harper so eloquently put it “Newcastle are bleeding and if that isn’t addressed, if the wound is not allowed to heal, whatever is special about the club is in danger of dying.”

Today was nothing to do with cowardice or too many foreigners or players lacking drive and desire.

Yet again we put a team out, filled with players out of their natural positions, with the usual game plan of keep everything tight at the back and hope that one of Remy, Ben Arfa or Cabaye can conjure up a piece of magic.  When the game plan didn't work (and considering the way in which Sunderland approached the game it was never likely to work) we had absolutely no backup plan, no other ideas on how to win the game.

We just kept on repeating the same old s*** that doesn't work no matter who we play against.  We get wide players to run to the byline & they get crosses in that are utterly useless, they're either too high, too close to the keeper or too far away from any of our players (when there are any in the box at all) to be of any use to anyone.  When they can't get a cross in they pass the ball to a midfielder to take a long shot, it might work out occasionally and we'll get a goal from long range once every two or three games but it'll rarely be enough to actually win a game.  How many times today did any of our players play a diagonal ball through their defence for a forward to run on to?  How many times did we even try?

No one who has even a most basic passing interest in football could look at the s*** that we served up today & think That's how football should be played!.  We lost today because yet again we put out a side that was not prepared properly for the game and had no f***ing clue how to adapt when the games doesn't go exactly according to plan.  There's a quote attributed to a Prussian General Helmuth von Moltke No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy, all our preparation and training for games means f*** all if the players on the pitch can't adapt to the game they're actually playing.

It's a failure of one fuckwit and his s**** backroom staff.

:clap:

Great post by irki, clearly knows his football.

Yeah seconded, or thirded.

And we have no right to call a moment of class from Borini "flukey" or "lucky" because our whole effing game plan is based on moments of class from our more skilful players.

When was the last time we passed one in? Or even just set up a clear chance in the box through simple passing and movement? Our players won more than enough of the ball in the second half but came up with ferk all with it.

It's always the same on man.

Win a game and we're the best thing since sliced bread, lose one and the worlds about end.

Neither team did enough to win and we got sucker punched by a shot that every other week will hit row z.

I presume you can't read, either?

What amazes me, as Ronaldo alluded to earlier, there's not any visible/audible signs of unrest on the terraces.  Allardyce took dogs abuse, rightly so, and now Pardew seems immune to it. It's bizzare

There was plenty of unrest yesterday, admittedly directed at the players rather than Pardew. It's crazy how everyone in the stands was able to spot where we were going wrong, but the one man responsible was incapable of doing anything to correct it. Zero movement, zero cohesion, zero teamwork. But we were just unlucky, eh?

Both teams seemed to be scrapping it out, especially in the first half yesterday, hence the game being so frantic. Sunderland did a good job of closing us down and we struggled to play football because of it. That played into their hands, as they knew they couldn't live with us in an actual football match.

I'm not sure cowardice really comes into it, although I'm not reading back to see the explanation. I think 'not being up for it' is a very lazy line that people trot out when a team loses a passionate fixture.

Both teams seemed to be scrapping it out, especially in the first half yesterday, hence the game being so frantic. Sunderland did a good job of closing us down and we struggled to play football because of it. That played into their hands, as they knew they couldn't live with us in an actual football match.

I'm not sure cowardice really comes into it, although I'm not reading back to see the explanation. I think 'not being up for it' is a very lazy line that people trot out when a team loses a passionate fixture.

How come Sunderland weren't able to close down Swanseas's team and stop them from passing it? What was the score from that one again? Oh yes...4-0.

How come Sunderland weren't able to close down Swanseas's team and stop them from passing it? What was the score from that one again? Oh yes...4-0.

Good question, a different game, less passionate fixture, less help from the fans, no new manager, less desperation for a win. Swansea are better passers than us as well obviously, if that's what you mean. But that doesn't mean that what I've said about the two sides is wrong.

Good question, a different game, less passionate fixture, less help from the fans, no new manager, less desperation for a win. Swansea are better passers than us as well obviously, if that's what you mean. But that doesn't mean that what I've said about the two sides is wrong.

Swansea aren't better passers than us, they just have a manager who understands how to set up a passing team.

Swansea aren't better passers than us, they just have a manager who understands how to set up a passing team.

Ah right, well fine, I wasn't seeking to excuse all our failings. I was just saying that the environment of the game made it extremely difficult for us and suited our opponents much more. That's one thing, but it was only made important by the fact they managed to nick a goal against the run of play at the end. Otherwise we would just be writing off a shite game and accepting an OK point.

No new manager. :lol:

Ah right, well fine, I wasn't seeking to excuse all our failings. I was just saying that the environment of the game made it extremely difficult for us and suited our opponents much more. That's one thing, but it was only made important by the fact they managed to nick a goal against the run of play at the end. Otherwise we would just be writing off a shite game and accepting an OK point.

No Ian, I'm not going to have that. I've been making the same point about our lack of shape and disjointed football for two years.

No new manager. :lol:

I meant the new manager effect making Sunderland want to impress and give everything more than usual.

I surely as hell wouldn't have accepted a point, and even if we had won the game in the end with 2-1 i'd still be fuming over the performance..

Well your a man with a rare big-picture perspective then. The pre match thread is full of people saying they would take a draw in an away derby.

No Ian, I'm not going to have that. I've been making the same point about our lack of shape and disjointed football for two years.

That's fine, you've quite often been right. That doesn't change the fact that, in this game, Sunderland made it very difficult for us to play. I'm not saying we're brilliant.