Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Couldn't see where a goal was going to come from second half but we really kicked on in the second half. Unusually for a Mourinho team Chelsea didn't seem to be up for it - they had a lot of the ball in the first but no real cutting edge and then in the second half just wilted away, especially in midfield. Hard to pick a MOM today as everyone played well especially the four (five incl. Vurn) that played across the middle, all putting a tremendous shift going backwards and forwards.

As has probably been mentioned, where the fuck was this team last week against the unwashed whipping boys?

EDIT: Good to see this thread has already become shit central, take it to PMs man FFS.

I've no idea why Mourinho bought another few #10's, as they desperatly need a proper winger.

They desperately need a proper striker.

They've got one.  However they thought they'd let Everton use him for a season instead.

They need a quality striker, Lukaku really isn't the answer. Falcao, Suarez, Ibra someone of that calibre.

Guest neesy111

I've no idea why Mourinho bought another few #10's, as they desperatly need a proper winger.

They've got one.  However they thought they'd let Everton use him for a season instead.

They need a quality striker, Lukaku really isn't the answer. Falcao, Suarez, Ibra someone of that calibre.

Still haven't replaced Drogba, ridiculous for a club with their resources.

Whilst I'd go wild and say I'd prefer Ibra over Lukaku, Lukaku would be a massive step up from the shite they've got right now, and would push them on to a real title challenger, rather than the 4th place finish they look to be heading for.

Guest bimpy474

Did not see that coming. :lol:

Who would of thought after playing Man City off the park midweek, we wouldn't put in another excellent performance. Shock horror! Open your eyes, man!

Are you actually brain damaged ?.

Whilst I'd go wild and say I'd prefer Ibra over Lukaku, Lukaku would be a massive step up from the s**** they've got right now, and would push them on to a real title challenger, rather than the 4th place finish they look to be heading for.

Possibly, I still don't think of Lukaku as that world beater some seem to think. And I was looking beyond the PL, I'd think they would want to compete for a CL and with Lukaku they wouldn't come close.

Even though Lukaku is still a bit lacking technically, which he is, he's one of the most physically-dominant center forwards in the world. His hold-up play is outstanding and he can strike a mean ball.

Even though Lukaku is still a bit lacking technically, which he is, he's one of the most physically-dominant center forwards in the world. His hold-up play is outstanding and he can strike a mean ball.

True but even Benteke is a better player.

Lukaku is more than good enough for them. He'd bag loads of goals with that supporting cast.

Until he improves his link up play, off the ball movement  etc etc he isn't.

Its totally different playing for Everton and WBA.... the most important factor for Chelsea with the players they have is the CF to move off the ball well and take defenders with him and link up well.

Two things Lukaku needs to improve on and why he's on loan.... also everyone takes about the fantastic supporting cast but they don't actually create that many chances which isn't surprising considering how Mourinho plays the game but still.

Was Ba on the bench for them? Would have been much more worried had he came on instead of Eto'o.

Atmosphere was pretty good in the second half. We got the goal just after a decent spell, helped keep the levels up til the end.

At least I'm going to actually enjoy the rest of this weekend :thup:

Guest bimpy474

Was Ba on the bench for them? Would have been much more worried had he came on instead of Eto'o.

Atmosphere was pretty good in the second half. We got the goal just after a decent spell, helped keep the levels up til the end.

At least I'm going to actually enjoy the rest of this weekend :thup:

Ba wasn't even the 18 man squad.

Winning today was a brilliant result but it's got to be said that we were poor until Anita came on and changed the game.  It's a good job Tiote went off injured and good job Chelsea were poor, regardless of the possession they must have had.

Guest neesy111

Tiote had a good game, but the effect of having Anita was that he allowed us to stretch the game and use Gouffran and Sissoko effectively.

Lukaku is more than good enough for them. He'd bag loads of goals with that supporting cast.

Until he improves his link up play, off the ball movement  etc etc he isn't.

Its totally different playing for Everton and WBA.... the most important factor for Chelsea with the players they have is the CF to move off the ball well and take defenders with him and link up well.

Two things Lukaku needs to improve on and why he's on loan.... also everyone takes about the fantastic supporting cast but they don't actually create that many chances which isn't surprising considering how Mourinho plays the game but still.

Disagree, think he moves quite well for such a big guy. But to each their own.

Tiote had a good game, but the effect of having Anita was that he allowed us to stretch the game and use Gouffran and Sissoko effectively.

Tiote did what he does well, Anita gives us a different dimension to our play and drives us forward, something Tiote can't do.