Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Great result, and the best I remember us playing since we beat them 3-2 last season.

God, Chelsea were shite mind.

Only cos we made them look shite.

Every time we win it can't be because the opposition were shite, we have to be given some credit as well.

I'll just add Chelsea to my ever growing list of clubs who we make look average/poor, Venky. Finally our performances of recent times get the result they deserve! Everytime I think we our playing our best football we come out the following game and play even better, superb stuff! People will start to take notice of us soon!

Aye alreet, Bert.

I wonder who else is on this "ever growing list of clubs who we make look average/poor."  :lol:

Liverpool

Man City

Cardiff

Sunderland

I began drafting a reply to that post yesterday but I've decided just to give up with him.

All them stated clubs just happened to not really turn up against us and played poor. 5 in a row, nothing to do with us being an effective team, more lucky the opposition weren't at their best?

Bert, I'm sure you're a good lad in person and you mean well, I'm just not doing this :thup:

Cabaye's delivery for the 1st goal is exactly the standard should be, whipped in with pace into space.  Gouffran just needed to place the header.

Still don't understand why he can't replicate that on his corner kicks.... he seems to have no trouble putting good delivery or scoring directly from free kicks but his corners are abysmal.

Absolutely baffled.

Guest icemanblue

Not seen anything at all of the game but reading this thread back seems like we played for 45mins again. :lol:

Fantastic result though. :thup:

Can we really be expected to be at Chelsea for ninety minutes? What was important today, was that we were good all over the pitch, more so defensively. We had a game plan and it worked.

Not seen anything at all of the game but reading this thread back seems like we played for 45mins again. :lol:

Can we really be expected to be at Chelsea for ninety minutes? What was important today, was that we were good all over the pitch, more so defensively. We had a game plan and it worked.

:thup:

Had we played like that first half there's a decent chance we'd have walked away with nothing. It was our poor first half that set it up nicely in the second. It lulled them in to a false sense of security, as Chelsea got stuck in first gear while we turned it on, and for a change took our chances. We've had little periods like that now and then and we never actually get the goals to go with it, we usually end up conceding but today was just one of those days everything went right once we started playing.

Chelsea stepped it up and were playing much better when trying to get the equaliser, but we fought well at the back, got a little bit lucky then done them with the second. Good night Chelsea, jobs a goodun.

Had we played like that first half there's a decent chance we'd have walked away with nothing. It was our poor first half that set it up nicely in the second. It lulled them in to a false sense of security, as Chelsea got stuck in first gear while we turned it on, and for a change took our chances. We've had little periods like that now and then and we never actually get the goals to go with it, we usually end up conceding but today was just one of those days everything went right once we started playing.

Chelsea stepped it up and were playing much better when trying to get the equaliser, but we fought well at the back, got a little bit lucky then done them with the second. Good night Chelsea, jobs a goodun.

usually i'd argue a point but that post only deserves a "fuck me!!"

Guest neesy111

While these unexpected results are great, especially against detestable clubs like Chelsea, the inconsistency of our results can't be healthy in the long run.  Our biggest priority from now has to be to get consistent performances for a sustained period.

Alistair Mann wondering whether when the ball hit Mapou's hand as he lay on the floor was a penalty made me a tad irritated I must say.

It was as if he expected him not to put his arm down when falling.  :lol:

when they had a player in the second half  go down beside the goal by the advertising, did anyone hear someone from the family section screaming "he's off the pitch, play on, he's off the f***ing pitch man" as the ref tried to kill play.

that was me!

Substantially better with Anita on, how he doesn't get more game time beggars belief.

So we beat Chelsea whilst Norwich gets dry humped by City, what are the odds of an ugly 1-0 loss? Not expecting anything next week against Spuds.

could've been an interesting point with the luiz booking as the the ref allowed advantage and with play going on told luiz he was going to book him, had luiz committed another yellowable as play carried on would the ref have double yellowed him in one go ?  someting I've never seen.

Alistair Mann wondering whether when the ball hit Mapou's hand as he lay on the floor was a penalty made me a tad irritated I must say.

It was as if he expected him not to put his arm down when falling.  :lol:

Ridiculous, couldn't believe it when Eto'o started to claim the handball. :lol: