Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 30/11/13 - post-match reaction from page 26

Dave

It's not an excellent technical display or anything, bit of ring rust, but we're well worth the two goal lead and with our quality I do firmly believe that if we're:

a) competitive;

b) organised; and

c) reasonably fluid in our attack

...then we can face about 60/70% of the league at home and win without much fuss.

Weren't even especially fluid going forward, and it was pretty ugly to watch in truth (bar the bit after Sissoko hit smashed it in) but hey another win.

Happy with the result, disappointed with the performance.

Seemed to revert to prior form with a lack of movement first half. Very static, WBA harried and chased and generally showed a lot more energy. Sissoko and Gouffran the only two who looked arsed.  Second half an improvement but still not a very good game from either side in all honesty.

Really weird game in that not much happened other than the goals.

Gouffran definitely MOTM for me, his work rate is incredible and he is being rewarded with some goals. Great hit from Sissoko of course, a good team performance today really.

I thought we were comfortably the better team overall - WBA had a decent 10 minutes just after half time but aside from that we were pretty well in control. Their goal was their only shot on target.

Agreed. We were knocking it around with confidence for long stretches as well. Great to see. :thup:

I was watching this in the pub and the guy next to us was probably the biggest cunt I've came across when watching a football match. Before the game had started he was calling Shola a d***y, then during the game extended it to Tiote, Remy, and at one point Krul. He was saying one of WBA's players should even be on the pitch. We made good passes and he screaming at the TV calling our players.

Some people just make you sick.

I was watching this in the pub and the guy next to us was probably the biggest cunt I've came across when watching a football match. Before the game had started he was calling Shola a d***y, then during the game extended it to Tiote, Remy, and at one point Krul. He was saying one of WBA's players should even be on the pitch. We made good passes and he screaming at the TV calling our players.

A dirty?

A dirty?

d*rky

Good solid performance and the result was about right in the end. We looked a bit toothless at times but West Brom aren't an easy side to score against so it was important we didn't give them anything to sit on. Job done as far as I'm concerned.

You all know what the word is.

The missing letter is an 'a'. I'm not typing the word.

In all seriousness, i hear that word used a lot, mainly by our older generation when i watch matches at the pub. It was almost an accepted word 20/30 years ago i think, not that it makes it right of course.

You all know what the word is.

The missing letter is an 'a'. I'm not typing the word.

In all seriousness, i hear that word used a lot, mainly by our older generation when i watch matches at the pub. It was almost an accepted word 20/30 years ago i think, not that it makes it right of course.

I used to hear it a lot when I was little, my granddad and my dad were big users of the word. I haven't heard it being used for a very long time but to me it seems to be a worse word than other terms like the N word. I'm not one to think of words as anything with much negativity or shock value, I use the words cunt and twat a lot and to me they are just normal swear words and are on the same level idiot, divvy etc. They don't hold much impact to me like they do to others, but for some reason hearing that word again just wasn't right.