Newcastle United 2 - 1 West Brom - 30/11/13 - post-match reaction from page 26

Dave

You all know what the word is.

The missing letter is an 'a'. I'm not typing the word.

In all seriousness, i hear that word used a lot, mainly by our older generation when i watch matches at the pub. It was almost an accepted word 20/30 years ago i think, not that it makes it right of course.

I used to year it a lot when I was little, my granddad and my dad were big users of the word. I haven't heard it being used for a very long time but to me it seems to be a worse word than other terms like the N word. I'm not one to think of words as anything with much negativity or shock value, I use the words cunt and twat a lot and to me they are just normal swear words and are on the same level idiot, divvy etc. They don't hold much impact to me like they do to others, but for some reason hearing that word again just wasn't right.

Yer off your tits.

Weird game. Santon crosses with his left foot. Shola lasts the 90 minutes. Next thing you know, Willo will score.

There's a method to our play that suits the players and really I thought it was a comfortable win.

Remy was a bit selfish at times, I thought.

Shola's physical fitness - which has long been a problem area for him - seems to have moved up a notch. He wasn't just laying the ball off, he was opening things up for us. It's great to see.

Weird game. Santon crosses with his left foot. Shola lasts the 90 minutes. Next thing you know, Willo will score.

There's a method to our play that suits the players and really I thought it was a comfortable win.

Remy was a bit selfish at times, I thought.

Shola's physical fitness - which has long been a problem area for him - seems to have moved up a notch. He wasn't just laying the ball off, he was opening things up for us. It's great to see.

now your just being silly

Deserved win, but made hard work of it by sitting too deep in second half.

Gouffran deserved his win bonus for all the hard work he puts in and Sissoko's goal was a beauty but he needs to get into shooting positions like that more often..he is capable of it.

Nobody really played badly and - whisper it quietly - is the fitness coach's work with Shola beginning to pay off...!?? Long time since he lasted 90 mins so well.

Cabaye was the star man, looks every inch the quality player he is.

Keep it going, whittling away the distance needed to be safe from relegation, which is the club's main priority.

Typical MOTD don't bother looking at the Remy incident or the handball in any detail

The commentator seemed to doubt it was worthy of a free kick, same with the second penalty appeal.

The second handball is the very definition of penalty imo. Regardless the distance the ball has traveled, the hit on the outstretched arm changed the direction of the ball. Penalty every single day of the week, 100 years ago, and today.

Cracking to get a 4th win on the trot, but I echo the sentiments about being sick to the death of hanging on to dear life. Gouffran MOTM and should be in the running for player of the month tbh, as he has been instrumental in all 4 of our wins.

Tiote and Cabaye controlled the midfield well in a duo I also thought. Shola looks a different player, somehow. Loved his leading of the pre-match huddle chat.

Also want to know who Sissoko ran to in the dugout after he scored. Looked like Ben Arfa from one of the replays, but not sure.