Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ashley doesn't have faith in his appointments though, he sacked Hughton for literally no reason and failed to back Keegan :lol:

Pardew is in charge because we have no ambition, it's a simple as that really.

Well I would assume Pardew has some objectives, they're just lower than most people would like. Would he keep his job if he repeated last season? I don't think so.

I think he would tbf. As long as we're not relegated I think he'll keep his job until his contract runs out.

I'm not just talking just about here. I think other chairmen should take a long hard look at themselves when firing the person they appointed. I wasn't a fan of Steve Clarke and thought it was a poor choice but he got them to 8th, has started slowly this season and is now sacked. Think it's just harsh an wrong.

Don't know what the stats are but it seems to be getting worse, like clubs just sacking managers to try and get rid of poor form and get a sudden uplift in the club without giving their appointment time to pull things around.

I'm not just talking just about here. I think other chairmen should take a long hard look at themselves when firing the person they appointed. I wasn't a fan of Steve Clarke and thought it was a poor choice but he got them to 8th, has started slowly this season and is now sacked. Think it's just harsh an wrong.

Don't know what the stats are but it seems to be getting worse, like clubs just sacking managers to try and get rid of poor form and get a sudden uplift in the club without giving their appointment time to pull things around.

But you were all for Hughton getting binned? Hmm.

If a manager has a bad season, i think he should be given another shot at the following season to turn it around. Don't think one bad season should effectively get you the sack. Admire chairmen who have faith in their appointments and give them time in the job to succeed. Far too often these days they want instant success, or if instant success comes along as surprise but not sustained they are fired, i think it’s just wrong.

Definitely, just creates chaos. It wasn't even a bad season FFS, it was a bad couple of months.

Either clubs are appointing managers without any thought in the first places, or something dramatic happens to make them instantly change their mind. However you look at it, it's not a way to run any organisation.

Wasn't a bad season? We survived thanks to Jose Bosingwa ffs :lol:

If a manager has a bad season, i think he should be given another shot at the following season to turn it around. Don't think one bad season should effectively get you the sack. Admire chairmen who have faith in their appointments and give them time in the job to succeed. Far too often these days they want instant success, or if instant success comes along as surprise but not sustained they are fired, i think it’s just wrong.

Definitely, just creates chaos. It wasn't even a bad season FFS, it was a bad couple of months.

Either clubs are appointing managers without any thought in the first places, or something dramatic happens to make them instantly change their mind. However you look at it, it's not a way to run any organisation.

Wasn't a bad season? We survived thanks to Jose Bosingwa ffs :lol:

I got mixed up with the Villas Bollas thread, soz. Obviously in Pardew's case it was a terrible season.

I agree, but when your manager genuinely looks to be holding back the club then there's something to be said for a chairman making an astute change that ultimately is beneficial for the club.

There's a lot of absolute mongs out there who'll sack their man and bring in someone laughably worse like. Most chairman in this country are footballing dinosaurs so this happens more often than not.

But you were all for Hughton getting binned? Hmm.

I didn't want him here from day 1 and was never on side with him and felt we should have upgraded after Championship season. Was happy when we decided to get rid but couldn't believe we failed to upgrade and lost belief in the regime to do so. I think Hughton should be binned at Norwich now but it's their appointment and i respect the board for given him time even though i don't think he's taking them anywhere but down.

Dave, your Hughton argument works both ways though doesn't it? If Hughton was unfairly sacked then surely Pardew deserves time to improve? Unless your argument is just "keep good managers, sack bad ones", then we're back to the question of how long it takes to decide who is good and who is bad.

Hughton had a bad run of 3 games in 5 (beaten at home to Blackburn and beaten 5-1 & 3-1 respectively away to Bolton and WBA) taking us from 5th to 11th. Sacking him under those circumstances was absolutely ridiculous unless we were to bring in a top replacement.

I don't disagree, it's hard to argue that there were results-based reasons to sack Hughton.

Dave, your Hughton argument works both ways though doesn't it? If Hughton was unfairly sacked then surely Pardew deserves time to improve? Unless your argument is just "keep good managers, sack bad ones", then we're back to the question of how long it takes to decide who is good and who is bad.

Not my argument, I'm merely pointing out the contradiction.

And you could quite easily exchange the first line of Brett's explanation for many people's opinion on Pardew.

Not my argument, I'm merely pointing out the contradiction.

And you could quite easily exchange the first line of Brett's explanation for many people's opinion on Pardew.

:thup:

Are you inviting us to 'admire' Ashley...??