Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

He added: "If we don't replace Cabaye we might have to change our style of play a little bit because of the personnel I have. It's about getting a result. It creates an opportunity for Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux."

Well we've been passing it quite well lately, so what style of play change would be needed to facilitate them two then. Baffling comment that.

Actually think there will be a lot of pressure on Pardew from the board for this one. Assuming we don't bring anyone else in, a win will get most to forget about the fact Cabaye was sold and not replaced but a loss on top of that would start a shitstorm.

Or maybe they don't really care about the derby. It's just another match of 38, we don't get any extra money from it, and we're not going to get relegated.

AP is at one with the board. Don't make the mistake of thinking he's out on a limb. It's very much one team running the club, incentivised to deliver good financial performance before football performance.

He added: "If we don't replace Cabaye we might have to change our style of play a little bit because of the personnel I have. It's about getting a result. It creates an opportunity for Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux."

Well we've been passing it quite well lately, so what style of play change would be needed to facilitate them two then. Baffling comment that.

4-3-1-2

Defence

Sissoko    Tiote    Anita

Ben Arfa/Marveaux   

De Jong/Gouffran    Remy

:undecided:

Guest bimpy474

4-3-1-2

Defence

Sissoko    Tiote    Anita

Ben Arfa/Marveaux   

De Jong/Gouffran    Remy

:undecided:

I like that system but it would fry Pardew's brain. Far too complicated for him.

Says in the Mirror we will go back for Grenier in the Summer and there is no point signing a £6/7m replacement for Cabaye. Looks like the transfer window shut a day early lads.

I agree with him tbh, buy a quality replacement or don't at all.

But fact is all this should have been sorted BEFORE we sold Cabaye ffs.

We played good football for the most part against Norwich without Cabaye, so I'm prepared to give him a chance to work out something different.

Doesn't in any fucking way excuse the lack of replacement though, and I'll be pissed off if he ever uses that as an excuse for a poor performance considering he's absolutely complicit in our sales and happy to arselick the owner and his principles in public.

We played good football for the most part against Norwich without Cabaye, so I'm prepared to give him a chance to work out something different.

Doesn't in any fucking way excuse the lack of replacement though, and I'll be pissed off if he ever uses that as an excuse for a poor performance considering he's absolutely complicit in our sales and happy to arselick the owner and his principles in public.

You'll not have long to wait for an interview along those lines. Clear your diary for quarter to 3 on Saturday.

Yeah we were decent against Norwich, but the fact he can only figure out how to play HBA/Marv with the loss of cabaye is maddening to me. 

I think what irks me the most is the fact he's peddling that "we need to wait till summer/don't want to waste money" bullshit, trying to put a positive spin on all this. It's stuff like this that makes me hate him

I don't think he's saying that at all.... more that we shouldn't buy substandard players to replace quality.

I agree quite frankly, i'd rather wait till you can get top quality than settle for players which could be deadwood in a years time.

Yeah we were decent against Norwich, but the fact he can only figure out how to play HBA/Marv with the loss of cabaye is maddening to me. 

I think what irks me the most is the fact he's peddling that "we need to wait till summer/don't want to waste money" bullshit, trying to put a positive spin on all this. It's stuff like this that makes me hate him

I don't think he's saying that at all.... more that we shouldn't buy substandard players to replace quality.

I agree quite frankly, i'd rather wait till you can get top quality than settle for players which could be deadwood in a years time.

Wait to get top quality? You think that's what we're doing?

Please tell me you're not serious.

'There is no point bringing a player here - for example, a £6m-£7m player - who isn't good enough.'

:lol: He might want to look at the glass ceiling his employer puts on signings. When we actually make signings.

Wait to get top quality? You think that's what we're doing?

Please tell me you're not serious.

I actually don't, but i think that's what Pardew wants but Ashley won't supply the funds.

I realise nothing is going to happen, just that i agree with him in the sense that we shouldn't be wasting money on average players just get a number in.

Of course though it makes no difference as Ashley will likely not finance it either way.

To waste money you would need to actually spend it! Clearly we aren't spending.If anyone think we are going to get a few quality players in the summer instead are deluded. We no longer spend.

I know that ffs, all i said was i agreed with his comment in isolation. Not that i expect his words to have relevance to the future.

We've passed it alright from defense to midfield this season (whereas in 12/13 we were just launching it from Krul/the defenders), but for the most part even with the improvement in the style of play from last year we're still effectively playing "blind" rushed passes all too often when transitioning from from midfield to attack (i.e. get the ball into "danger zones" and more chances come our way, or so Pardew's theory goes). A faux carpet football team if you will. That's why so often when we get the ball forward there's usually noone in the box - we just don't build anything up at all from midfield to attack. Cabaye especially had the primary responsibility for playing that "hit and hope" ball.

Clutching at straws here, but with Cabaye gone and noone else really having the vision/technique to try to play the "hit and hope" ball well enough for Pardew's liking, I'm therefore hoping that Pardew is referring to us passing the ball on the deck even more, i.e. being more patient in the opposition third when we transition from midfield to attack, which will then get Marveaux and Hatem more involved. Back in 12/13 during the Christmas period when Cabaye was injured and Marveaux was thrown into the team, we randomly played a surprisingly good brand of carpet football against ManU and Arsenal, with Marveaux looking a damn good player in those games - so if we want to consider Pardew's thinking in all of this, I think that brief period could be very relevant to his quote here. Or to put it another way, Pardew knows we're capable of playing a more patient, creative brand of football, but he just doesn't trust or prefer it, but is now open to it because his chief protagonist in the "hit and hope" style of play was sold.

But again, that's clutching at straws. He could be thinking that we ought to revert to hoofball again without Cabaye here to create chances...

'There is no point bringing a player here - for example, a £6m-£7m player - who isn't good enough.'

:lol: He might want to look at the glass ceiling his employer puts on signings. When we actually make signings.

£7m would be the third highest transfer fee since Ashley came, second highest since we came back up :lol:

The specific transfer fee figure is obviously bollocks, but the point has some legs. We could easily sign someone to keep Sissoko/HBA or anyone else out of the team, who is not better than them. We would be able to say we had a 'replacement' for Cabaye but the team might well be no better. Ideally I want us to sign someone class obvs.

The specific transfer fee figure is obviously bollocks, but the point has some legs. We could easily sign someone to keep Sissoko/HBA or anyone else out of the team, who is not better than them. We would be able to say we had a 'replacement' for Cabaye but the team might well be no better. Ideally I want us to sign someone class obvs.

It's sh*te like this that gets me.

We've known for 6 months he was off in Jan, yet we were completely unable to enable a transition of a player coming for the player going.

A bit of propaganda is thrown out from the club alluding to the idea that a player bought for £7m is somehow a step down (despite this being more than we paid for Cabaye), and therefore suggesting, without saying, that we'll spending more than that at some later date. And then you get posts like yours. Your just an apologist for them. You've obviously got the intelligence to know what's going on but you've a very different agenda to most sporting fans. I say most as there seems to be a few of you on here. The fact you exist at all is some kind of f**king phenomenon.