Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Pardew - very good manager"

"Another decent season - you must be pleased"

"Big improvement on last year, considering how little Pardew's got to work with"

These are the things I hear in real life whenever I meet my non-NUFC supporter mates. They look pretty bewildered when I bring up any grievances. And only some of them are dim.

Here's another one they probably think but don't share with you:

What more do they want for a poor little club up north? Deluded facking Geordies."

Well "deluded" comes up quite a bit. Not so much being a "poor club up north", more "well you've never won anything and were relegated only a few seasons ago, so being just outside the euro spots, while spending nothing, ain't bad at all".

"Pardew - very good manager"

"Another decent season - you must be pleased"

"Big improvement on last year, considering how little Pardew's got to work with"

These are the things I hear in real life whenever I meet my non-NUFC supporter mates. They look pretty bewildered when I bring up any grievances. And only some of them are dim.

Here's another one they probably think but don't share with you:

What more do they want for a poor little club up north? Deluded facking Geordies."

Well "deluded" comes up quite a bit. Not so much being a "poor club up north", more "well you've never won anything and were relegated only a few seasons ago, so being just outside the euro spots, while spending nothing, ain't bad at all".

Do they pat you on the head and offer to pay for your stottie while you wait at the turnstiles as well?

Every time he opens his mouth I take one more step away from St James Park

That's just impractical.  You can't live your life constantly waiting a certain distance away from SJP waiting to see if Pardew has said anything.  You'd never get anything done.

Relegation wasn't suddenly out of nowhere though was it? It was the result of a gradual decline and a lot of board-level and managerial mistakes.

It's all coming this summer imo. We're going to lose a lot of players and not replace them adequately. We're looking at a group of players potentially leaving like Ben Arfa, Shola, Colo, Gosling, Debuchy, Marveaux, Obertan and MYM. Some of them I can't wait to see the back of, others incredibly poorly managed. We won't replace that quantity of players and we certainly won't replace the quality we could lose.

Relegation wasn't suddenly out of nowhere though was it? It was the result of a gradual decline and a lot of board-level and managerial mistakes.

Many of which we are now repeating. I'm not as hateful of Pardew as most: he's average.

My problem is with the owner: after being relegated the last time you would have thought that he would know that a top class striker in particular is needed to maintain PL status. However, he we are with 2 on loan strikers, another who is woefully out of form and one who is past it (if he ever had it in the first place).

I'm very concerned that without the individual goals of Remy that we will be in relegation bother next year. The midfield is not creative, requiring a striker that can feed off his own scraps. Who will that be once he is gone?

At the beginning of the 08-09 season,  I'd have said there was no chance of relegation.

At the beginning of the 08-09 season,  I'd have said there was no chance of relegation.

Absolutely, I was (foolishly) looking forward to the season with a decent squad and a club legend with a penchant for decent football leading the way.

Pardew's brief is to stay in the league for as little cost as possible I predict we will use the loan system to its full effect in the summer along with our top class youth system

Many of which we are now repeating. I'm not as hateful of Pardew as most: he's average.

My problem is with the owner: after being relegated the last time you would have thought that he would know that a top class striker in particular is needed to maintain PL status. However, he we are with 2 on loan strikers, another who is woefully out of form and one who is past it (if he ever had it in the first place).

I'm very concerned that without the individual goals of Remy that we will be in relegation bother next year. The midfield is not creative, requiring a striker that can feed off his own scraps. Who will that be once he is gone?

This is it for me where would we be without Cabaye and Remy this season? We've already lost one, very doubtful the other will stay. We won't replace Remy for less than £15m (£35m with wages) and we know Fat Ash won't pay that. I'm really worried for next season!

This is it for me where would we be without Cabaye and Remy this season? We've already lost one, very doubtful the other will stay. We won't replace Remy for less than £15m (£35m with wages) and we know Fat Ash won't pay that. I'm really worried for next season!

Don't worry, Shola will sign a 2 year extension.

Tell him he's ruined football for me, pls.

Reckon this forums collective and sustained propensity to project and wallow in woe is me misery hasn't helped to be fair. :lol:

Nothing woe is me about it actually, the bland meaningless generalisations are your specialty.