Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How can he himself, as a former footballer, and a professional manager, have absolutely zero ambition? Where is his own personal pride? Who doesn't want to win a f***ing cup?!

Tbf "half" of him does, shame the half is his arsehole that he's clearly talking out of.

“There is half of you that would like to be playing for a trophy or some tangible reward at the end of the season like a European place.

“But there’s also that other side where you don’t want to be involved in at the bottom like we were last year and have that stress.

This is the worst thing I've ever read :lol:

:lol:

He's a f***ing wipe.

I opened the thread and honestly thought you were talking about something another forum member had posted.  No idea till I scrolled down and saw the article this was actually spoken by our manager. 

Fuck me sideways!!  This man is a fucking clown and should be shot out of a cannon.

How can he himself, as a former footballer, and a professional manager, have absolutely zero ambition? Where is his own personal pride? Who doesn't want to win a f***ing cup?!

This. Even the league this season. Show some balls and ambition and talk about trying to catch the two above us as a target. Give us something to look forward to.

If it accidentally gets us into the Europa League and it scares him, then play the kids in the Qualifier and lose but for fuck sake, top 6 for a manager with any modicum of ability would still be the aim this season.

It's impossible to have any sort of cup run and maintain a decent league position according to? Pardew.

Never heard such nonsense before

Not just that, it's also impossible to maintain a decent league position in case you end up down the bottom. ??? :lol:

Ridiculous that he still harps on about Europe being so detrimental last season, but didn't we play reserve teams in virtually every round until the knockout stages?

Complete fucknugget.

That quote which everyone's talking about is so horrible, basically saying "I don't want to be in Europe or go on a cup run, it's too risky. The limit of my desires is to be safe in the PL". What an utter horrorshow.

“There is half of you that would like to be playing for a trophy or some tangible reward at the end of the season like a European place.

“But there’s also that other side where you don’t want to be involved in at the bottom like we were last year and have that stress.

So half of you wants to be towards the top of the league, but the other half doesn't want to be near the bottom.

Thanks for that insight Alan, it makes less sense than anything I've ever heard. The Pardew Paradox.

That's the single worst quote he's ever made, without doubt. I cannot even put into words how f***ing terrible that quote is.

It's genuinely something I'd expect someone to write in one of yheir miss the point of the argument and instead twist a few choice phrases from various posts and argue against that messages on here.

Every manager comes out with these sort of quotes

Aye SanToon I suppose you're right, at the end of the day we're all at the point where we'll hammer absolutely everything.

Exactly, too many cyber tears in this thread IMHO

It's all faux, all of it.

Guest bimpy474

He keeps going on about the Europa because he can't accept his own failings.

Usually when you have a big ego you have something to back it up, unfortunately for us this idiot has fuck all to do that with.

so basically, from now on our aim is to reach 40 points as soon as possible and then spend the rest of the season trying out younger players and new systems.

Which would be canny in some respects because it's get to 40pts and lump it to Shola so the smug cunt can be proven right that is does work. Broken clocks and all that.

I've no issue with him using our position to experiment with some younger players and different formations. Managers rarely get the chance to do that so we may as well take the opportunity.

And missing out on the Europa League is no calamity. Naff competition.