Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

@SkySports_Keith: Pardew says he'll try a few things out between now and the rest of the season, perhaps blooding a couple of younger players.

Yeah, season's a dead rubber now and if we go full strength we might accidentally end up in the Europa League.  Treat every game between now and the end of the season like a cup game.  By which I don't mean in the way teams facing relegation claim every game is like a cup final, but just grudgingly turn up and put 11 players on the pitch.

@SkySports_Keith: Pardew says he'll try a few things out between now and the rest of the season, perhaps blooding a couple of younger players.

Yeah, season's a dead rubber now and if we go full strength we might accidentally end up in the Europa League.  Treat every game between now and the end of the season like a cup game.  By which I don't mean in the way teams facing relegation claim every game is like a cup final, but just grudgingly turn up and put 11 players on the pitch.

Depends on your point of view I suppose, some people have already said we should be trying things out over the remaining games.

He said: “The last 15 minutes the crowd got involved.

“And we got ourselves in a position to win the game – and then we won it.”

That just sums up his whole mentality.

Get to 75 minutes at 0-0 then see what happens. That's the absolute limit of his ambitions.

It's so utterly dreadful. We never ever go out to try and put teams to the sword. It's graft, contain, graft, contain, graft and contain. With a bit of Welly-hoof-magic thrown in if we're lucky.

I couldn't be more bored watching us plod our way through games. It's so interminably dull. I barely even celebrate our goals, mainly because each one means we have to look forward to a little bit longer of seeing week after week of turgid dross served up in front of us.

Flair and guile mean nothing to this man. He'd have a peak-form Ginola shipped straight out. Laurent Robert would likewise last about 2 minutes as well. Indeed all the kinds of players that people would actually want to pay to see play have no place under Pardew. Those players that can excite you, get you on the edge of your seat. There'd be no Scott Sellars, no Asprilla. No Waddle and no Gascoigne. No Marveaux, no Ben Arfa. Just 10 try-hard grafters with perhaps one fairly talented grafter like Remy there to bail the rest out after 75 minutes of boredom.

God I hate our team so much.

Really desperate to see Pardew sacked before Marveaux and Ben Arfa depart. Absolutely convinced that a half decent, sensible manager would find a way to incorporate both into the team and possibly get us playing decent, meaningful football where we actually look to fashion chances using some guile/vision/technique rather than Pardew's trademark blind hope approach. I mean, even Alan Curbishley, as dire a manager he is, was a marked improvement over Pardew when replacing him at West Ham by virtue of simply deciding to play Tevez, a decision which kept them up in the end.

Depends on your point of view I suppose, some people have already said we should be trying things out over the remaining games.

He only just got us back to basics!

Depends on your point of view I suppose.

True that, I imagine the mackems and Saints fans are delighted with this quote for example.

True that, I imagine the mackems and Saints fans are delighted with this quote for example.

You may have missed out the important bit of my post.

aye

You may have missed out the important bit of my post.

No I didn't, not the part I wanted to address anyway, "depends on your point if view".

No fan of this club could possibly want us to use half a league season as a team bonding exercise to bleed through a few younger players, however I do believe Sunderland and Southampton fans will be over the moon.

Guest bimpy474

I have no problem with fuckwit trying a few things out in the remaining games, well as long it is different things involving playing good football. Or as I suspect different players just hoofing it in no change whatsoever from the shit we've seen for the last 3 years.

He should just try and win every match for the rest of the season to increase our fucking league position.

Trying out new things like we are stuck at 14th place for the next however, many matches. We could very well still finish in places 5-7 if he had a go and results fell our way.

His crap is ridiculous.

Guest bimpy474

He should just try and win every match for the rest of the season to increase our fucking league position.

Trying out new things like we are stuck at 14th place for the next however, many matches. We could very well still finish in places 5-7 if he had a go and results fell our way.

His crap is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous, thing is as well most of us know that when he says try new things. That will mean absolutely fuck all, he'll try nothing new whatsoever. Just like our new set pieces he was banging on about. Just utterly devoid of invention this idiot.

He said: “The last 15 minutes the crowd got involved.

“And we got ourselves in a position to win the game – and then we won it.”

That just sums up his whole mentality.

Get to 75 minutes at 0-0 then see what happens. That's the absolute limit of his ambitions.

It's so utterly dreadful. We never ever go out to try and put teams to the sword. It's graft, contain, graft, contain, graft and contain. With a bit of Welly-hoof-magic thrown in if we're lucky.

I couldn't be more bored watching us plod our way through games. It's so interminably dull. I barely even celebrate our goals, mainly because each one means we have to look forward to a little bit longer of seeing week after week of turgid dross served up in front of us.

Flair and guile mean nothing to this man. He'd have a peak-form Ginola shipped straight out. Laurent Robert would likewise last about 2 minutes as well. Indeed all the kinds of players that people would actually want to pay to see play have no place under Pardew. Those players that can excite you, get you on the edge of your seat. There'd be no Scott Sellars, no Asprilla. No Waddle and no Gascoigne. No Marveaux, no Ben Arfa. Just 10 try-hard grafters with perhaps one fairly talented grafter like Remy there to bail the rest out after 75 minutes of boredom.

God I hate our team so much.

Really desperate to see Pardew sacked before Marveaux and Ben Arfa depart. Absolutely convinced that a half decent, sensible manager would find a way to incorporate both into the team and possibly get us playing decent, meaningful football where we actually look to fashion chances using some guile/vision/technique rather than Pardew's trademark blind hope approach. I mean, even Alan Curbishley, as dire a manager he is, was a marked improvement over Pardew when replacing him at West Ham by virtue of simply deciding to play Tevez, a decision which kept them up in the end.

:lol: that quote does have a certain "How the fuck did that happen?" Ring to it!

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  2m

Pardew fan pledge: “I think we'll have a summer where we have to be quite a bit more active than we have been for a while." #nufc

:yao:

Tbf just looking for a player is probably quite a bit more active than we have been. Understatement of the year though.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  2m

Pardew fan pledge: “I think we'll have a summer where we have to be quite a bit more active than we have been for a while." #nufc

:yao:

Aye, technically we could only sign De Jong on a permanent deal and that'd still be true. :lol:

They have no choice but to be more active because the sheer negligence of the last two seasons has left the squad desperately short in areas that are typically expensive.

I've no doubt any money spent will be heralded as a sea change though, and we'll all be invited to kiss the feet of Mike Ashley once more.

They have no choice but to be more active because the sheer negligence of the last two seasons has left the squad desperately short in areas that are typically expensive.

I've no doubt any money spent will be heralded as a sea change though, and we'll all be invited to kiss the feet of Mike Ashley once more.

Quoted for when this happens.

Pardew/Ashley fans are so predictable :lol: They are just itching for something to get them right back on-side with the regime.

If you read the chest thumping and arrogance from them when we were on our euphoric/mesmerizing run earlier in the season :lol:

Really-  its quite a strange phenomenon.

Alan Pardew says that Newcastle United are “hunting down” a respectable finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies travel to Hull City on a high after Loic Remy’s late, late winner against Aston Villa last Sunday.

And while many see United as long shots to finish higher than eighth or ninth – with Pardew’s team nine points clear of the bottom 10 – the Toon boss knows that there is plenty of football still to be played between now and May.

He said ahead of the clash against the Tigers: “All the top teams still have to play each other.

“We still have 11 games to go. It’s a lot of points.

“And we’re just going to keep hunting it down and see where we go.”

Pardew’s side seem odds on to record what would only be the second highest position of the Mike Ashley era on Tyneside.

But despite fresh calls for a show of ambition after £9.9million profits were announced in the latest finanical results, Pardew is delighted with the season so far.

One scrappy win and the fraud is spinning it for all it's worth.

Alan Pardew says that Newcastle United are “hunting down” a respectable finish in the Premier League.

The Magpies travel to Hull City on a high after Loic Remy’s late, late winner against Aston Villa last Sunday.

And while many see United as long shots to finish higher than eighth or ninth – with Pardew’s team nine points clear of the bottom 10 – the Toon boss knows that there is plenty of football still to be played between now and May.

He said ahead of the clash against the Tigers: “All the top teams still have to play each other.

“We still have 11 games to go. It’s a lot of points.

“And we’re just going to keep hunting it down and see where we go.”

Pardew’s side seem odds on to record what would only be the second highest position of the Mike Ashley era on Tyneside.

But despite fresh calls for a show of ambition after £9.9million profits were announced in the latest finanical results, Pardew is delighted with the season so far.

Positive stuff to hear. Obviously everyone is at the point where they'll hammer absolutely everything, but sometimes he says the right thing. I would have thought our morale would have got a massive boost from the Villa goal, no matter how insignificant everyone on here is keen to make it seem. It's just a goal and one win, but hopefully it can give us a boost to do better in the upcoming games.