Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Couple of facts:

- Incidents like that are always described as headbutts when players do it. 

- The media are always all over any contentious incidents in football and will debate them to death, particularly if they're unusual or in this case unprecedented.

If you can't acknowledge the above and accept it then you want Pardew to be given special treatment compared to anyone else, for some reason.

I acknowledge all of that, would never claim otherwise. Like I said yesterday, my opinion is nothing to do with it being Pardew really. I just strongly dislike the faux-outrage about relatively minor altercations.

Couple of facts:

- The media are always all over any contentious incidents in football and will debate them to death, particularly if they're unusual or in this case unprecedented.

If you can't acknowledge the above and accept it then you want Pardew to be given special treatment compared to anyone else, for some reason.

I acknowledge all of that, would never claim otherwise. Like I said yesterday, my opinion is nothing to do with it being Pardew really. I just strongly dislike the faux-outrage about relatively minor altercations.

It isn't faux outrage.  It's something that we haven't seen in the past in this country from anyone with such a position of responsibility before. It's as much shock as disgust imho.

Couple of facts:

I know you like to stick up for Pards Ian, but don't you think there comes a point where Pardew's serial repeat touchline antics have gone too far? When is enough enough for you?

Are we really choosing Alan Pardew over Shearer now?

support r managa tho

It doesn't work like that. I love Shearer, but that doesn't entail agreeing with everything he says.

No, he's a shit pundit, I disagree with a lot of what he says. But I'd hardly call what he said disgraceful.

:spit:

:spit:

I agree with Ian here. Faux outrage just about sums it up.

Pressure is obviously getting to Pardew, but no point replacing while Ashley is still in charge.

The faux outrage is sickening.  Every premier league manager pushes players with his head.  Hell, only last week we saw Wenger coaxing his team up the tunnel with gentle head nudges.  My missus asked me to pass the salt today and nary a word was said when I headed it over to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3z0wMr8rhM&feature=youtu.be

My Mrs doesn't care about football, but she was losing her blob watching them go on and on about what a massive huge, disgrace it was on MOTD... so I thought I would edit it down to a short selection of the criticism.  I'm sure it's very fair from an outsider perspective....

Why was Meyler booked though?

Id guess for the shove on Pardew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3z0wMr8rhM&feature=youtu.be

My Mrs doesn't care about football, but she was losing her blob watching them go on and on about what a massive huge, disgrace it was on MOTD... so I thought I would edit it down to a short selection of the criticism.  I'm sure it's very fair from an outsider perspective....

Why was Meyler booked though?

Id guess for the shove on Pardew.

Can't be.  Savage and Hansen say "a hundred times" it was unprovoked ;)