Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he stays away from the bottom of the league then he'll not be sacked. I take murmurings like this with a large pinch of salt these days, this has been written with the intention of reassuring the annoyed fans that there is a consequence to under-performing. Honestly don't believe there's much more pressure than there has been previously.

:thup:

His position wasn't under threat at any point last season despite assaulting a player and making us suffer another season of turgid unwatchable football.

In fact he was rewarded with a bonus  :lol:

Ashley has to keep the fans happy to an extent, he knows something was building last season. I remember Pards saying Ashley had told him he wanted more attacking football & how that was perfect as thats exactly how he likes his sides to play. Or some such bollocks.

Why are the Chronicle writing it then?  Not that I believe it either.

No idea what their agenda/slant is tbh mate. They've been used to manipulate the fans before and this little snippet may have come from someone who needs to pacify fans who believe Pardew is untouchable or bullet-proof?

I just don't trust anyone at the club any more. It's sad but I'm highly sceptical and suspicious about the sentiment and the motives behind every single thing the cunts at the club come out with.

Ashley has to keep the fans happy to an extent, he knows something was building last season. I remember Pards saying Ashley had told him he wanted more attacking football & how that was perfect as thats exactly how he likes his sides to play. Or some such bollocks.

He's doing a swell job.

No idea what their agenda/slant is tbh mate. They've been used to manipulate the fans before and this little snippet may have come from someone who needs to pacify fans who believe Pardew is untouchable or bullet-proof?

I just don't trust anyone at the club any more. It's sad but I'm highly sceptical and suspicious about the sentiment and the motives behind every single thing the c***s at the club come out with.

To be fair to Douglas, he seems to have his finger on the pulse a little more these days. He was certain at the end of the Summer that we'd be going on a 'spree' with transfers when everyone else was certain we wouldnt. Im not saying he's right, but he's just coming across a bit more credible these days. Could be something in it.

I just don't trust anyone at the club any more. It's sad but I'm highly sceptical and suspicious about the sentiment and the motives behind every single thing the c***s at the club come out with.

To be fair to Douglas, he seems to have his finger on the pulse a little more these days. He was certain at the end of the Summer that we'd be going on a 'spree' with transfers when everyone else was certain we wouldnt. Im not saying he's right, but he's just coming across a bit more credible these days. Could be something in it.

Douglas isn't the one who's peddling bullshit, he's heard something and is passing it on. Just doubt the veracity of what he's heard. 

If he struggles to meet the alleged target, they'll adjust the target for him. The players and manager's sound bites will be subtly permeated with talks of "Good season if we can get top half" and then "improvement on last season represents good progress".

Fans will eat it up without knowing it.

If he still doesn't meet the target, they'll have serious and not at all pretend end-of-season showdown talks to discuss Pardew's future. Is he the right man to lead the club? He'll survive. Just. 2015/16 is really last chance saloon for him, now.

Fans will eat it up without knowing or remembering they shat it onto their own plate only 12 months prior.

If he struggles to meet the alleged target, they'll adjust the target for him. The players and manager's sound bites will be subtly permeated with talks of "Good season if we can get top half" and then "improvement on last season represents good progress".

Fans will eat it up without knowing it.

If he still doesn't meet the target, they'll have serious and not at all pretend end-of-season showdown talks to discuss Pardew's future. Is he the right man to lead the club? He'll survive. Just. 2015/16 is really last chance saloon for him, now.

Fans will eat it up without knowing or remembering they shat it onto their own plate only 12 months prior.

The classic deserves another chance as he guided us to a 5th place finish against all odds will no doubt be rolled out.

There's absolutely no point in sacking Pardew unless the idea is to get a proper manager in. If Ashley is considering Beardsley then what's the point? Might as well stick with the lickspittle we've got.

Because he might be better? Stop playing dumb.

There are lots of candidates who might be better. Why would you pick Peter Beardsley out of all the possible options other than he's cheap and will kiss Ashley's arse when required?

Those calling the shots at the club still have targets for Pardew. They wouldn't sign the likes of de Jong and Cabella if they expected survival and nothing more.

Pardew will have been told to improve on last seasons position IMO.

I fully agree. I fully expect Cabella to be on the starting list in every game no matter what considering how much we paid for him, I sincerely doubt Pardew will be allowed to have another fall out that see's a player who we have paid for to be left out in the cold like Ben Arfa. If it happens again then Pardew will be the walking. The board know that the fans are a fine line away from walking if Pardew fucks up again. A mixture of new season 2nd chance and respect to John and Liam will mean there will be no major calls for his head as the season starts, but if he messes up then it won't last long.

That 5th place finish is proving to be the worst thing in our recent history, like.

I felt it would be at the time, having said that, I didn't think for one minute that he'd get away with some of the shit he's served up since.  The only plus going into this season is that I doubt the fans will wait until the last game of the season before giving him stick if we're not performing.  I also don't think the club can allow too much unrest before acting, he's not bullet proof and he needs to perform, something I doubt he's capable of pulling off.

I haven't even looked at our fixtures yet but I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone before the end of the next transfer window.  The only thing which might save him is if they think we're better off waiting until the end of the season if nobody is available.

There's absolutely no point in sacking Pardew unless the idea is to get a proper manager in. If Ashley is considering Beardsley then what's the point? Might as well stick with the lickspittle we've got.

Because he might be better? Stop playing dumb.

There are lots of candidates who might be better. Why would you pick Peter Beardsley out of all the possible options other than he's cheap and will kiss Ashley's arse when required?

There you go again.:lol: I never said I'd 'pick' Beardsley over 'lots of candidates'. I said I'd pick him over Pardew.

I detested Allardyce and Souness was full of shit but Pardew has gone beyond them for me now. Just desperately want the day to come when he fucks off. Which, you could argue is short sighted given the remoteness of anyone decent coming in after him.

I'd take a shit start to the season to really see him in the mire and maybe finally bring about his removal.

Where did the whole 'The King' thing stem from? Must have missed it.

"When the gaffer sat down with his backroom team, deciding on his order, he asked fitness coach Tony Strudwick what he was getting – and told him he’d take it if it looked good.

When the meals arrived, Pards said to Tony, ‘Yours looks better, I’m having that,’ and swapped plates.

I told him you can’t just take someone else’s dinner. Pards retorted, ‘When you’re the king, you can do anything’."

Some ego the King has :harry: :icon_puke_r:

Where did the whole 'The King' thing stem from? Must have missed it.

In the middle of a Daily Mirror piece contrasting Alan Pardew with former Newcastle manager Bobby Robson, there appears a gem of an annecdote about “Pards” from his days at West Ham.

West Ham club photographer Steve Bacon tells of an episode involving Pardew and club fitness coach at the time Tony Strudwick at a hotel dinner before a game against Sunderland.

From Mirror.co.uk:

When the gaffer sat down with his backroom team, deciding on his order, he asked fitness coach Tony Strudwick what he was getting – and told him he’d take it if it looked good.

When the meals arrived, Pards said to Tony, ‘Yours looks better, I’m having that,’ and swapped plates.

I told him you can’t just take someone else’s dinner. Pards retorted, ‘When you’re the king, you can do anything’.