Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

“One thing the manager has said is that he wants us to be hurting teams and going on the attack.¨ ¨ If we score a couple of goals then we won’t sit back and we’ll aim to push up on that.¨

Wor Jackie!

I'll believe it when i see it :lol: :lol:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/491909/Ambitious-Alan-Pardew-wants-Newcastle-to-target-Champions-League-glory

The Magpies have lost France internationals Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy to Paris St Germain and Arsenal respectively since the turn of the year with both clubs able to offer them European football.

However, Pardew is hopeful that the additions of the likes of Daryl Janmaat, Siem de Jong, Remy Cabella and Emmanuel Riviere will allow the club to compete for a top-four finish once again.

Pardew will hope that Remy Cabella can flourish in the Premier League [GETTY]

If you don't make the Champions League, then the big teams come for your players - look at Southampton

Alan Pardew

He said: "If you don't make the Champions League, then the big teams come for your players - look at Southampton.

"We are pushing every year to try and build to hopefully get to a stage where we make it without losing our players.

"We have pitched in and signed players that we think give us a chance to push for Champions League.

"We have already shown we are much better covered offensively than we were after Yohan Cabaye's departure.

"We have options, more options to come in and it is going to strengthen my hand to tactically change the team."

Then we need to sign some more good players Alan, and after that you have to kill yourself so that we can get a good manager so that we can compete for the CL spots with some luck.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/491909/Ambitious-Alan-Pardew-wants-Newcastle-to-target-Champions-League-glory

The Magpies have lost France internationals Yohan Cabaye and Mathieu Debuchy to Paris St Germain and Arsenal respectively since the turn of the year with both clubs able to offer them European football.

However, Pardew is hopeful that the additions of the likes of Daryl Janmaat, Siem de Jong, Remy Cabella and Emmanuel Riviere will allow the club to compete for a top-four finish once again.

If you don't make the Champions League, then the big teams come for your players - look at Southampton

Alan Pardew

He said: "If you don't make the Champions League, then the big teams come for your players - look at Southampton.

"We are pushing every year to try and build to hopefully get to a stage where we make it without losing our players.

"We have pitched in and signed players that we think give us a chance to push for Champions League.

"We have already shown we are much better covered offensively than we were after Yohan Cabaye's departure.

"We have options, more options to come in and it is going to strengthen my hand to tactically change the team."

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/HahaNice.gif

Alan Pardew

Well, can't see it myself, but I for one am delighted he reckons we can push for Champions League.

Good luck, hope this doesn't bite you in the arse and makes you look even more of a massive eejit as the season progresses. :lol: :thup:

Thats amazing drivel, even for Pardew, he's outdone himself with those quotes. Of course once the season starts or they've sold enough season tickets it'll be back to "can't compete" "mighty West Ham" "Leeds/Portsmouth" "sovereign states" bullshizz again.

Just seems like her's saying we're doing ok in the market despite not having the Champions League money of some clubs. Nowt there about actually having Champions league aspirations.

He actually said it on radio last week, I heard him actually say it.

Let's be honest it's no surprise he's coming out with this guff.

Every damn pre season he says how CL is the target and then by Christmas he'll tell the fans to temper their expectations. :lol:

:thup: one of my favorite words, and apt for his brand of shite :lol:

His spoutings about CL and attacking football are just the result of the club panicking about the likely failure of STs to sell out.

Pardew couldn't lie straight in bed, let alone think the club can challenge for CL football...he's spent the last couple of years saying that the club cannot compete with the 'top'clubs, supporters shouldn't expect much blah blah....

If Ashley/Charnley told him to tell the fans that the pitch at SJP was really sky-blue instead of green, he would do it.

I wouldn't trust Pardew to manage a Whelk stall in London, let alone the club that NUFC is capable of being and yet, here he still is after nearly 3 years in charge -is this the longest spell he's ever had at a club apart from Reading..?

If NUFC REALLY had CL ambitions, we would have competed for Lukaku instead of letting him go to Everton and signed a PL-standard CB, maybe even 2.

The one consolation we have is that if the club get off to a bad start and we struggle after 5 games, I believe the crowd WILL start to get on his back and Ashley will start to squirm......

Don't know what NUFC fans have done to deserve either Ashley OR Pardew for so long....must be Karma for Fat Fred firing Sir Bob in the way he did.

It's amazing that we find ourselves in a situation where pretty much everyone on this board, and now every other mag I speak to in general, will discuss a signing like this Argie and invariably add to their opinion of him "if Pardew doesn't ruin him".

The same really goes for the good players we know we have that he's already ruined or is in the process of ruining.

How can no one else outside the club see it?  More to the point I suppose is why no one in the club is seeing it? If I was Charnley or Carr I'd not want it to look like my work was shit because Pardew is an awful manager and can't get the best out of anything but a handful of top class players.

The one consolation we have is that if the club get off to a bad start and we struggle after 5 games, I believe the crowd WILL start to get on his back and Ashley will start to squirm......

I think he's got one or two games' grace. Cardiff was the tipping point for many thousands of people - a game that the team walked...

You can't polish a turd and no doubt we'll have a complete U-turn with the usual excuses pumped out by October. Injuries, lack of experience, small squad, can't compete with other clubs etc....

All this blood and thunder about pushing for a champs league place will be forgotten once the nights get shorter, the sun goes away, the injuries mount up and and the same age old tactical f*** ups are being made with the usual awful style of play. His only get out clause is if the new signings manage to paper over the crack as has been seen before.

Let's be honest though if things start to turn sour which they very well could given the lack of sympathy the fans have towards him then surely even Ashley (who will have the view that he's spent heavily even if we don't) will lose patience if we're turning out the usual dour performances and languishing in the bottom half.

You can't polish a turd and no doubt we'll have a complete U-turn with the usual excuses pumped out by October. Injuries, lack of experience, small squad, can't compete with other clubs etc....

All this blood and thunder about pushing for a champs league place will be forgotten once a few more season tickets have been sold.

All this blood and thunder about pushing for a champs league place will be forgotten once a few more season tickets have been sold.

Just so we're on the same page, it has nothing to do with the financial impact (or lack of) as the club makes only an insignificant percentage of income from ST sales compared to its total gross turnover (See TV Money).

Ashley doesn't want a stadium plastered in SD livery to be empty on television - damages the brand. This is why walking out, staying away etc. is the best form of attack.

Doubt it has that much impact tbh. Do you think people in City centres will go, 'hang on, there was only 42000 at St James' last week, let's buy our trainers somewhere else'.

So what's the point in walking out at all then :/