Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bit odd and random that for Noel G like...not saying he knows owt just seems a bit out of context whilst talking about Man City.

What did he say.

Asked about Pelegrini getting the boot, host on TS said 'David Moyes might be available', then NG say's 'Moyes will end up at Newcastle, trust me.'

:yikes: Noel=Pardew

Moyes over Martinez? How Martinez kept that shower of shite in the PL for so long is incredible, surely that's overachieving on a budget too? Has everyone officially been Pardewed?!!

I wouldn't want Moyes as he's a bit of a tactical dinosaur in my opinion. He did a fantastic job at Everton but hoying Mata out wide with his lack of pace, not knowing what to do with Kagawa, playing a formation with wingers and then proceeding not to start natural wingers in said positions, adapting the tactics to the opposition- all of these things Pardew has done and gets criticised for by us as the fans. I personally would love someone to come in and entertain us, Moyes isn't the man to do that. His Everton teams were certainly capable of playing some great footy occasionally but it took him years to build up to that and I for one can't wait that long, Pardew has drained the flair out of our team so I'd prefer someone to come in and drastically change the style immediately, just so the fun of watching football will return- I can hardly watch us at the moment it's so painful.

I think we should appoint someone who likes to keep the ball from time to time, actually attack the opposition as our plan A and not see every fucking fixture as 'difficult' or 'tough'. Moyes isn't that person.

Moyes over Martinez? How Martinez kept that shower of s**** in the PL for so long is incredible, surely that's overachieving on a budget too? Has everyone officially been Pardewed?!!

Martinez didn't really go a great job at Wigan, when you consider Steve Bruce had them in 11th in 08/09. He shouldn't be hugely respected for keeping them about as perennial relegation scrappers. If I recall correctly, he did spend some dosh on real dross while there too.

Moyes over Martinez? How Martinez kept that shower of s**** in the PL for so long is incredible, surely that's overachieving on a budget too? Has everyone officially been Pardewed?!!

I wouldn't want Moyes as he's a bit of a tactical dinosaur in my opinion. He did a fantastic job at Everton but hoying Mata out wide with his lack of pace, not knowing what to do with Kagawa, playing a formation with wingers and then proceeding not to start natural wingers in said positions, adapting the tactics to the opposition- all of these things Pardew has done and gets criticised for by us as the fans. I personally would love someone to come in and entertain us, Moyes isn't the man to do that. His Everton teams were certainly capable of playing some great footy occasionally but it took him years to build up to that and I for one can't wait that long, Pardew has drained the flair out of our team so I'd prefer someone to come in and drastically change the style immediately, just so the fun of watching football will return- I can hardly watch us at the moment it's so painful.

I think we should appoint someone who likes to keep the ball from time to time, actually attack the opposition as our plan A and not see every f***ing fixture as 'difficult' or 'tough'. Moyes isn't that person.

If Martinez did a great job at Wigan, Steve Bruce deserves a fucking knighthood

Bruce kept Wigan comfortably in the Premier League. People say that Wigan team was full of shit, well, 90% of them was signed by Martinez so guess what that says about him. He's done brilliantly this season and his career record is good but let's not be so quick to proclaim him better than someone whose ten year stretch in the Premier League was one of the best of his time. I'm ignoring the philosophy and attitude, let's just talk about results.

Well yeah, Bruce did a great job at Wigan when they finished mid table. During martinez's reign, teams around them spent money and better players came into the league overall so he did well to maintain PL status (until the last season) whilst developing his footballing philosophy so I would argue that he did an even better job than Bruce. I actually think Bruce is a decent manager too.

Moyes did fantastic for a decade yes but the league is evolving, especially tactically and stylistically- PL teams are now employing more ball-players and less 6ft gym freaks in their ever evolving formations and set ups, becoming more continental in their approach to the game and I don't want us to be left behind. even Pulis has seen this and palace have been playing some wicked stuff since he's been appointed, far better aesthetically than anything Pardew has ever produced and it's been successful. I believe that managers like Pardew and Moyes won't survive this revolution unless they drastically alter their approach, which won't happen.

Neither Moyes or Martinez will come here. But I would prefer a Martinez-style manager over a Moyes-style one any day. We need to look to the future, the way the game's going and also to entertain the fans who have suffered watching this cancerous shite week in week out.

I'm sorry but people who are talking about Martinez and Bruce should look at the facts. When Bruce left they sold most their players that had helped him like Cattermole, Valencia and Amr Zaki who had scored many goals for Wigan at the time.

He surely didn't buy the best, but he had no money and his only outlet was to take risks on SA players like Boselli who failed compeletely. He also had to sell Moses who he bought as well as N'Zogbia who was great.

To compare Martinez record with Bruce is harsh, his Wigan team was full of shit, but he still won an FA Cup and played very good football. The day I saw Caldwell try to pass it out on every occasion from the back was the day I knew Martinez liked football.

Moyes had 10 or so successful years at Everton, man. :lol:

Is that right? So what were his successful achievements as the Everton manager?

Ah howay man, wait for Ronaldo to log on again.  Everton went about 5 transfer windows without spending any money whatsoever and he still had them top-6.  And he actually appeared to have some involvement in signing the players and developing them.  Players like Cahill, Arteta, Piennar, Baines, Fellaini etc.

It's incredible how much people have forgotten in less than 12 months, aye Moyes didn't seem the natural choice for Man Utd at the time but most felt he was deserving of a shot at it, due to the excellent job he'd done at Everton.

The only reason I wouldn't necessarily want Moyes here is Hatem Ben Arfa, and Neil's accounts on how Moyes isn't the biggest fan of flair. But since that ship has most likely sailed already, why the hell not.

Just fucking stop.

This whole Moyes vs Martinez debate isn't really a viable one is it? We talking about Martinez in hindsight? Or if we would take him now that he's at Everton? I think should Martinez leave Everton any time soon, he'll have much bigger fish to fry unfortunately. I reckon he'll be there a while, and at this juncture, leaving Everton to come to NUFC would be a sideways step unless we get a multi-billionaire owner.

Very kind to us. Under Ashley it is simply a lie

This whole Moyes vs Martinez debate isn't really a viable one is it? We talking about Martinez in hindsight? Or if we would take him now that he's at Everton? I think should Martinez leave Everton any time soon, he'll have much bigger fish to fry unfortunately. I reckon he'll be there a while, and at this juncture, leaving Everton to come to NUFC would be a sideways step unless we get a multi-billionaire owner.

Very kind to us. Under Ashley it is simply a lie

What's the lie like?  ???

Most fans, well certainly on here anyhow, prioritise being entertained over purely the results, after all Pardew did get us a 5th and probably a 9th or 10th this time. The problem is that the football is awful, no discernible pattern of play, set up to counter the opposition rather than play to our strengths. Moyes would give us a lot of the same though hopefully without plunging to the levels of ineptness that Pardew regularly comes up with.

Personally I like to be entertained for 90 minutes, I can handle not being the best team in the world, but being the most boring, that just sucks.

Martinez didn't really go a great job at Wigan, when you consider Steve Bruce had them in 11th in 08/09. He shouldn't be hugely respected for keeping them about as perennial relegation scrappers. If I recall correctly, he did spend some dosh on real dross while there too.

People used this argument against Brendan Rodgers as well when he went to Liverpool - "he just inherited the good work done by Martinez". Rodgers has proved conclusively that having strong passing principles is the key to success. Moyes took big lad Fellaini to man U. I think that's all I need to say about that. He's a decent manager, but we need to look to the future.

People would take Moyes over Martinez given the choice?

Madness! :lol:

Nah, what's madness is to laugh off the choice like you just have. This is Martinez' first big job, he's done absolutely nothing wrong so far but it's still only 1 season. Although I think he looks a better manager than Moyes he's hardly proven it yet.

In a theoretical debate on who I'd prefer to come in and get the best out of someone like Ben Arfa and give us something ambitious and fun to watch I'd pick Martinez every time.

And that is far from being based on one season. Have admired Martinez since he first came to prominence. Great mentality. He may be a good manager, but still have considerably less love for Moyes.

Ah howay man, wait for Ronaldo to log on again.  Everton went about 5 transfer windows without spending any money whatsoever and he still had them top-6.  And he actually appeared to have some involvement in signing the players and developing them.  Players like Cahill, Arteta, Piennar, Baines, Fellaini etc.

It's incredible how much people have forgotten in less than 12 months, aye Moyes didn't seem the natural choice for Man Utd at the time but most felt he was deserving of a shot at it, due to the excellent job he'd done at Everton.

The only reason I wouldn't necessarily want Moyes here is Hatem Ben Arfa, and Neil's accounts on how Moyes isn't the biggest fan of flair. But since that ship has most likely sailed already, why the hell not.

Just fucking stop.

Now I'm adamant that I wouldn't want Moyes here, because Dinho Lad wants him.

:la:

Just fucking stop.

Now I'm adamant that I wouldn't want Moyes here, because Dinho Lad wants him.

:la:

Never said I did, tbh.

Guest Dontooner

There are plenty of average to slightly better than average managers out there...

Just sack this pile of shit.... gutless lying cunt!