Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Took us to the end of January to accrue this many points last season. End of December in 10/11.

Last time we had this many points this soon (apart from Pards' previous 5th place) was 01/02.

What does it all mean HF?

Are we looking likely to finish 5th again?

And what do the stats say after that?

:lol: can someone bottle what spudil's on?  he's on a run of gold man

Guest icemanblue

Is it funny, like? I appreciate that I'm probably on the wrong 'side', to fully appreciate it. It's going right by me, anyway.

Any teams been relegated after having this points tally at this stage of the season HP?

Nah.

Current Premier leagure era (20 teams) I think the best point total at this stage for a relegated team is 17 points for Burnley in 09/10.  They were sat in 11th having won 5 out of 14, but they only won 3 more games all season.

Prior to that, when the league was bigger Palace were 10th with 19 points after 14 games and still got relegated in 1995.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't think of one off the top of my head, but obviously Hull in 08/09 are an extreme example of it almost happening.

All it really says is he's stubborn and inconsistent. Also a bit weird to blame Pardew's 'hubris' for our lack of signings when it was almost certainly 90% Ashley's fault.

He shouldn't have claimed that we were capable of finishing top 4 with the players he had if he wasn't happy with the squad, by claiming that, any pressure on Ashley to spend was gone.

Guest firetotheworks

Of course you do.

Did you report that, too? :lol:

All I'm doing is giving my opinion like everyone else. I just don't like it when you use nasty words.