Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"He started off really well like, with a 5th place finish and that, and everybody thought he was great. But then they realises he wasn't because he nearlly got relegated and started playing this Shola Ameobi guy, who's like Carl Cort but not as good. But they still did like him because they blamed it all on this Ashley geezer, who owned the club or summin, so it was all his fault and they started asking Pardew to give them a wave, which was weird."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"He started off really well like, with a 5th place finish and that, and everybody thought he was great. But then they realises he wasn't because he nearlly got relegated and started playing this Shola Ameobi guy, who's like Carl Cort but not as good. But they still did like him because they blamed it all on this Ashley geezer, who owned the club or summin, so it was all his fault and they started asking Pardew to give them a wave, which was weird."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Good that.

:lol::lol: Barry Shitpeas?

Outclassed by the tactical mastermind that is Tim fucking Sherwood. Well fucking done you useless sack of shite.

They've got better players too tbf. Though I'm sure someone told me that they got them by spending money or something equally silly.

Spending money Dave? Gerraway man. Nobody should be doing that these days. They'll end up like a Portsmouth or a Leeds.

:lol: :lol:

I think back to when Glen Roeder took over from Souness and it was like the dark grey clouds cleared and everyone suddenly got a huge boost. That first game against Portsmouth was like chalk and cheese compared with the games that came before it and was obviously topped off with Shearer getting the record.

We need that now. Doesn't matter who it is anymore, we need a change because these players have given up. They are coming out, running around a bit, then losing and no one cares because that's the message the manager has sent out every time he opens his stupid face.

I really don't see why a manager down-playing his team's chances in a press conference means anything. That's the smart thing to do. You're supposed to publicly take the pressure off the players. It's one of the reasons why Mourinho is so good.

What kind of fucking mentalist goes to a press conference and says "aye, we'll win nee bother."

Even when Premier League teams are playing against League One sides in the cups, the manager will generally do the usual, "anything can happen on the night," bit. It's just good sense.

Yet when Pardew does it he's "demoralizing the team." It's ludicrous, for fuck's sake. 

Must just be a coincidence then. Though to be fair we're losing almost every match at the moment. :lol:

:lol::lol: Barry Shitpeas?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx6vre7Ql51qzo1k7o1_1280.png

I think back to when Glen Roeder took over from Souness and it was like the dark grey clouds cleared and everyone suddenly got a huge boost. That first game against Portsmouth was like chalk and cheese compared with the games that came before it and was obviously topped off with Shearer getting the record.

We need that now. Doesn't matter who it is anymore, we need a change because these players have given up. They are coming out, running around a bit, then losing and no one cares because that's the message the manager has sent out every time he opens his stupid face.

I really don't see why a manager down-playing his team's chances in a press conference means anything. That's the smart thing to do. You're supposed to publicly take the pressure off the players. It's one of the reasons why Mourinho is so good.

What kind of f***ing mentalist goes to a press conference and says "aye, we'll win nee bother."

Even when Premier League teams are playing against League One sides in the cups, the manager will generally do the usual, "anything can happen on the night," bit. It's just good sense.

Yet when Pardew does it he's "demoralizing the team." It's ludicrous, for f***'s sake.

I don't think anyone can be arsed to bite tonight, not even if Ian W turned up.

What kind of fucking mentalist goes to a press conference and says "aye, we'll win nee bother."

Yet when Pardew does it he's "demoralizing the team." It's ludicrous, for fuck's sake. 

Must just be a coincidence then. Though to be fair we're losing almost every match at the moment. :lol:

:lol: I'm not arguing for a second that he isn't struggling to motivate the team, by the way. I just think it's a little more subtle and complicated than him hedging in press conferences.

Just emphatically missing the point again. Mourinho will down-play the side's chances, just like Bobby did, but the difference here is that Pardew believes what he's actually saying. He's actually shit scared. Bobby told us all we couldn't win the league but I bet he was fucking gutted and surprised it slipped away so soon.

What kind of f***ing mentalist goes to a press conference and says "aye, we'll win nee bother."

Yet when Pardew does it he's "demoralizing the team." It's ludicrous, for f***'s sake.

I don't think anyone can be arsed to bite tonight, not even if Ian W turned up.

Don't worry, Toon Pack will be on tomorrow to tell everyone how many 5-0 home defeats he remembers from the 70s and that we've never had it so good.

Guest Dontooner

Pretty sure that is not the reason we lost 4 nail.

He is just a shit manager but has a tacky mouth.

Some people just would fall for him ...

Mugs

What are you on about man?

I'm not saying he needs to say, "aye, we'll win nee bother."

He just doesn't need to say stuff like, "get spurs game out the way" and "8th is top of the league for us"

Those were from just this week.

I don't know what he says in private to the players your right, but based on their recent performances, every single one of them have given up now and are on holiday.

He doesn't have to say we'll win, that's stupid. He could show some sort of confidence or positivity though that might filter through to the fans and his players.

Has he spoken yet? Tiredness, conditions, injuries and missing Cabaye will be his excuses tonight. It's a good job there's 10 days now until Villa but again I can see that being enough for some folk tonight, with more season ticket cancellations to come.

Surely only a matter of time before the crowd begin to turn on him. He can't hide behind Ashley and Kinnear any more.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "I was more upset about the performance. That wasn't an honest display from us. I mentioned a few things in the dressing room that I hope hits home - I won't mention them to the media. Tottenham dominated proceedings from the start to the finish. They won with a bit to spare - that shouldn't happen at St James' Park regardless of who I have and don't have available. We lacked confidence tonight. We need a break in front of goal. Their keeper made two or three outstanding saves. The overall performance is a concern, it's not the result or the fact we haven't scored."

Pardew: "made my views v clear in dressing room … (won't elaborate) other than to give a message to our fans that it wasn’t good enough

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  1m

Pardew: "as manager you expect life & limb on the pitch … that’s what I expect my players to give, in every moment, in every game." #NUFD

It just feels like he will never be sacked. Any other club he would have been sacked last season. It was fucking ridiculous that we flirted with relegation last season. Under pardew we will always go on these stupidly shit runs, its almost like we lose a couple and he tells the players dont worry I know we are on a bad run but x or y is out or its happening for this reason so the players lose confidence. I cant be arsed until he fucks off.

Fair play to this cunt like, just when I think the last match is the worst I've ever been too this man comes up trumps with something new. That is a special kind of ability. What a lush record breaker.