Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Why blame your own tactics when you can pick on out of form players. Mainly out of form because of the t***s tactics and him not picking them like.

But still, it's never his fault.

You would expect a manager not to have a go at the players after three consecutive buggerings?

Ian, stop it. That is blatant man. The discussion is the recipient of the bollockings and not whether the manager should be having a go at the players. Every single time you twist the debate just to get some Pardew support in.

I don't give a s*** what you think TBH, I'm saying that Pardew having a go at the players (including HBA and Marveaux and anyone else) is absolutely normal.

It's not normal to single out two players though.

He didnt nor did the article say he did, it was one of the bullet points by Ryder for extra effect no doubt. You dont mention the Santon bit or that he accused some of not caring enough as reasons to complain. Fact is only person singling out two players are Ryder/people not reading past that line tbh

:lol: No other players were mentioned, so what do you take from the article?  Lambasted both Sylvain Marveaux and Hatem Ben Arfa for poor performances after coming on as subs; honestly man you're condescension is extra annoying when you are completely wrong.

If he generally criticised the team, fine. But that clearly states he "lambasted" the subs, and names 2 players specifically.  But no, he didn't, the article doesn't say that, I must have got it wrong.

That Santon was mentioned directly under that line, are you blind? You can see my condescention but miss the written words clearly used :lol:

The fact you blindly accept Ryder as gospel when its clearly only half a story says it all about you, but yeah make it about me

Guest alijmitchell

Why blame your own tactics when you can pick on out of form players. Mainly out of form because of the t***s tactics and him not picking them like.

You would expect a manager not to have a go at the players after three consecutive buggerings?

Ian, stop it. That is blatant man. The discussion is the recipient of the bollockings and not whether the manager should be having a go at the players. Every single time you twist the debate just to get some Pardew support in.

I don't give a s*** what you think TBH, I'm saying that Pardew having a go at the players (including HBA and Marveaux and anyone else) is absolutely normal.

Yes, maybe it is! But he should have a good f***ing look at himself and not just blame the players or whatever excuse he's had.

Obviously, but I never implied he wasn't to blame as well.

I know you didn't. But imo it's pointless to point it out as it's obvious to everyone that it's quite normal in general to blame the players a little bit from time to time. Except with Pardew as he seems to treat some players differently (single out etc). Sounds like you are trying to defend Pardew in the way that no one clearly can say you are defending him.

:lol:

OK, well it's a bit of a no-win situation when any criticism is allowed freely and any attempt to mitigate it is some sort of evil scheme by me to completely absolve Pardew of any blame.

I like you man, but that is weak. People are pissed off about the fact that this is a man that is turning the focus of his own failings onto two players that came on as subs, which is the thrust of the article. If you can't see what a coward that makes him rather than accepting his own failings, changing, and encouraging our game winners to thrive, then I despair.

Guest alijmitchell

I like you man

I don't know who you are, but thanks. I like you too.

Ha, I don't know you either, I was just forming an opinion on your posts, which I think can be well thought out and reasoned, at times...;-)

I like you man

I don't know who you are, but thanks. I like you too.

Ha, I don't know you either, I was just forming an opinion on your posts, which I think can be well thought out and reasoned, at times...;-)

They are but he is totally wrong.  :lol:

The Journal was arguing the case for Pardew to go in this morning's paper.  Saying that he has not been getting criticism because of Ashley etc but that it was time to look at the manager's shortcomings and the fact that talented players are regressing under his management.

Don't think the article is online yet.

The Journal was arguing the case for Pardew to go in this morning's paper.  Saying that he has not been getting criticism because of Ashley etc but that it was time to look at the manager's shortcomings and the fact that talented players are regressing under his management.

Don't think the article is online yet.

Ryder has also ramped up criticism of Pardew in the Chronicle. Great stuff, I am starting to read the local papers again :thup:

I also think it's great news that Pardope has started to criticise certain players, it can only add to what seems to be a growing discontent in the camp. Hopefully Remy will pick up a niggling injury so he can't save Pardew's arse next Saturday.

Hmmm.

Ben Arfa looks out of shape to me and Marveaux has never really done it here for more than a game or two at a time. Both have talent so you'd have to question their application. There's no doubt Pardew is failing to get the best of them, but they deserve criticism too and get almost a free pass on here.

I really want a change of manager so we can see whether these players suddenly become world beaters when relieved from Pardew's negativity shackles.

Hmmm.

Ben Arfa looks out of shape to me and Marveaux has never really done it here for more than a game or two at a time. Both have talent so you'd have to question their application. There's no doubt Pardew is failing to get the best of them, but they deserve criticism too and get almost a free pass on here.

I really want a change of manager so we can see whether these players suddenly become world beaters when relieved from Pardew's negativity shackles.

A free pass?

Do they f**k :lol:

Hmmm.

A free pass?

Do they f**k :lol:

Guess its all relative.

Guest bimpy474

Why blame your own tactics when you can pick on out of form players. Mainly out of form because of the twats tactics and him not picking them like.

Not Marveaux or Ben Arfa seeing as they only played a few minutes, espeically in Marv case. And he came on during two games where we were getting hammered, and did nothing to warrant being had a go at imo.

Not surprised you cant tell the difference, then again it is criticism of Pardew after all.

Not Marveaux or Ben Arfa seeing as they only played a few minutes, espeically in Marv case. And he came on during two games where we were getting hammered, and did nothing to warrant being had a go at imo.

Not surprised you cant tell the difference, then again it is criticism of Pardew after all.

Yeah OK, I've been told this many times over the last page or so. I agree Marv and HBA shouldn't be particularly criticised if other players were let off. But they are part of the squad who has been terrible.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah OK, I've been told this many times over the last page or so. I agree Marv and HBA shouldn't be particularly criticised if other players were let off. But they are part of the squad who has been terrible.

Marv hasn't, he's not even been on the bench so i'll forgive him, HBA deserves a bit of stick but it's mainly Pardew's rank tactics and misuse of him that's at fault.

Marveaux hasn't even been on the bench for most of the season. Calling him part of the squad is nothing more than a technicality.

I said this would happen before the game, Pardew brings on Hatem when the game is all but lost, expects him to do some "magic" when everyone else's head has already dropped. He can't win a game on his own, he came on and showed promise for 10 minutes or so and unsurprisingly his head dropped too. Now he doesn't escape criticism for that, you should always keep going, no matter what, but Pardew teams are surrender monkeys, he sends them out with white flags and no mental fortitude.

For me our best passage of play was with Marveaux and Hatem on the pitch, we were never likely to win due to the tactics he employed, two immobile strikers and a 4 man midfield ffs!? I knew it was coming but I still can't believe he singled out the two players with any kind of forward threat that didn't include a hoof. Charlatan!

TBF HBA had half an hour and was obviously asked to come on and be an attacking threat. He did this initially for about 10 minutes then decidedly went off the boil to the point of strolling round. Even Gouff had a real go at him at one point for not moving in order so he could be passed to.

Marv is another enigma, who strolled about after coming on and he clearly has the ability just lacks the application. Couldn't be bothered to chase back at times which is a great way to treat tired team mates, the fans and even the manager for that matter. Go and have a look as his wiki, from memory he has by-and-large under various managers been the same enigma.

I think Pardew has run his course but even if he goes we would still be having similar conversations about the players, just didn't ones about the next guys tactics/weaknesses.

We clearly started playing better when both Hatem and Marv came on.

Somehow, Pardew has decided that it was in fact the opposite. He has decided that because more goals were conceded towards the end of the game, that it was in fact the subs fault.

Cannot stomach the guy anymore. This is just sickening.

Could always try and implement a possession based style of football with our more technical players so that we don't have to chase or defend all the time.

Too much to ask from our so called "manager" though.....

TBF HBA had half an hour and was obviously asked to come on and be an attacking threat. He did this initially for about 10 minutes then decidedly went off the boil to the point of strolling round. Even Gouff had a real go at him at one point for not moving in order so he could be passed to.

Marv is another enigma, who strolled about after coming on and he clearly has the ability just lacks the application. Couldn't be bothered to chase back at times which is a great way to treat tired team mates, the fans and even the manager for that matter. Go and have a look as his wiki, from memory he has by-and-large under various managers been the same enigma.

I think Pardew has run his course but even if he goes we would still be having similar conversations about the players, just didn't ones about the next guys tactics/weaknesses.

What do you expect from them though? both have been ostracised under the current manager to different degrees. Hatem gets ten minute cameos, then is benched as soon as he doesn't score within that time period, and Marveux is playing for the reserves. He then brings them on in a game that is already lost, where the rest of our team had packed it in anyway. He's cast them out in the cold then suddenly expects a performance as he's in the s***? Hardly surprising

A bit of effort and try their best. Neither did.

What do you expect from them though? both have been ostracised under the current manager to different degrees. Hatem gets ten minute cameos, then is benched as soon as he doesn't score within that time period, and Marveux is playing for the reserves. He then brings them on in a game that is already lost, where the rest of our team had packed it in anyway. He's cast them out in the cold then suddenly expects a performance as he's in the s***? Hardly surprising

A bit of effort and try their best. Neither did.

I disagree but even if you're right, what on earth would motivate them to?They'll not get a game if they do, they are just human beings man, open to the same motivation issues as the rest of us

So they just put little to no effort in and still not get a game? I know what most would consider the best approach to actually getting in the first team and that is do the best you can for the team as well as the fans.