Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still not even close to being a fan. He has shown so much tactical naivety, negativity and stubbornness. We are yet to see us gel as a fluid attacking unit consistently and I don't think that is down to the playing staff.

Pardew is a product of the Ashley era..dampen expectations and appear to over deliver, when in reality it's Play safe and do bare minimum to survive.

All that said he was truly spot on with everything today going against the grain. From the start I felt we were going to possibly get something from the game. We controlled the game, defended well and even looked dangerous once in a while.

If there is one thing we have improved upon dramatically it's our possession game, especially in the middle of the park. While we still havent quite clicked into that real fast paced attacking threat there are signs this season that we are getting there.

Respect clawed back today for Pardew but there is so much more to do. Thanks for doing something rare in actually learning from your mistakes Alan. Keep it up and there is hope you will get back to positive marks rather than negative.

Without seeing anything from today, this probably sums up my thoughts on him. We've had some brilliant results this season and we're certainly playing better than last, but I remain unconvinced by his ability on the whole and I don't like his attitude. If we approached every game with the same intent we could be a genuinely good side, that's what frustrates me more than anything.

Not going to complain about him too much today though, this was a historic result and by the sounds of it an excellent performance. Premier League award was well deserved too.

Guest Howaythetoon

Although we are winning more than we lose at the moment, there is a huge discrepancy in our performances and style of play and this is what lets Pardew down and will always pin him down as a poor to average limited manager. We can clearly play good football and we can clearly play positive attacking football but each game is jekyll and hyde and that for me is down to Pardew.

Under KK and Sir Bobby we played the same way every week regardless of players. Sometimes we would lose, sometimes heavily, but on average we won more than we lost and we did so playing a positive attack minded game that allowed our better players to shine. Tactics, systems and this and that rarely if ever came into the equation. After all its a simple game.

Our opponents today under their previous manager would more often than not play the same way week in week out come win lose or draw or players available for selection. Your better managers stick with what works best and players who fit into what works best.

Pardew tinkers too much and doesn't trust his players enough, we chop and change from one week to another in terms of system, set-up, approach and use of players or even player roles. When we don't do that i.e. the last 4 games prior to Swansea, we win all 4. Now I'm not saying there is no room for selecting different tactics, systems, game plans, players etc. for certain games because today proves otherwise, but by god man, just pick your best players in the right roles and let them play, give them the confidence to perform and get at the opposition because as players, we are better to a man, than 75% of the division in my opinion.

To Pardew's credit he has done that quite a lot this season but when he starts trying to be too clever or over too dogmatic, we f*** up and often big style. Today called for some tinkering and changes but at home to your Hulls, Norwichs' etc. just f***ing unleash them both f***ing halves.

sunderland away man :lol:

1455982_621863334546100_1153137494_n.jpg

:spit:

:troll:

Look at his smarmy face lol..... Just hope he has a grin like that next time we play the Mackems.!

One of the very few times that I appreciate his colossal smugness.

That's RVP trolling at Krul level. :lol:

Although we are winning more than we lose at the moment, there is a huge discrepancy in our performances and style of play and this is what lets Pardew down and will always pin him down as a poor to average limited manager. We can clearly play good football and we can clearly play positive attacking football but each game is jekyll and hyde and that for me is down to Pardew.

Under KK and Sir Bobby we played the same way every week regardless of players. Sometimes we would lose, sometimes heavily, but on average we won more than we lost and we did so playing a positive attack minded game that allowed our better players to shine. Tactcis, systems and this and that rarely if ever came into the equation. After all its a simple game.

Our opponents today under their previous manager would more often than not play the same way week in week out come win lose or draw or players available for selection. Your better managers stick with what works best and players who fit into what works best.

Pardew tinkers too much and doesn't trust his players enough, we chop and change from one week to another in terms of system, set-up, approach and use of players or even player roles. When we don't do that i.e. the last 4 games prior to Swansea, we win all 4. Now I'm not saying there is no room for selecting different tactics, systems, game plans, players etc. for certain games because today proves otherwise, but by god man, just pick your best players in the right roles and let them play, give them the confidence to perform and get at the opposition because as players, we are better to a man, than 75% of the division in my opinion.

To Pardew's credit he has done that quite a lot this season but when he starts trying to be too clever or over too dogmatic, we f*** up and often big style. Today called for some tinkering and changes but at home to your Hulls, Norwichs' etc. just f***ing unleash them both f***ing halves.

In a nutshell

Guest Howaythetoon

We are very much a team in the mould of our manager mind, we are certainly his team. We can lose to Swansea one week and beat Man Utd a few days later. A conundrum. We play Southampton next. Having beaten the champions away from home for the first time in over 40 years he should send the players out to tear into them from the start, hopefully to exter our control and dominance early doors and get into a good lead to win convincingly. As good as the Saints have been, we are more than capable. What he will do is the opposite, however, guaranteed. He will send us out to keep it tight in the hope of nicking a goal. If we do we will then try to kill them off by a) keeping it tight and or b) grabbing another on the break.

If he was clever enough and more brazen and ballsy with his football philosophy, he could take us places and real places too. To the point where perhaps that England job wouldn't be such a fantasy of his but a reality soon, god knows there is no fucking competition in terms of home grown managers.

I predict a top 10 finish this season, however, and rinse and repeat basically under his management.

The thing is with this bellend, I really want to like him, the arrogant slimy c*** that he is.  Buried under that sliminess are qualities that I swear could pass as likable.  Contrast with Souness, who I would have liked nothing more than to dump him in a vat of Sodium Hydroxide.

I have met Graeme Souness (twice) and was shocked at what a nice bloke he is.

The thing is with this bellend, I really want to like him, the arrogant slimy c*** that he is.  Buried under that sliminess are qualities that I swear could pass as likable.  Contrast with Souness, who I would have liked nothing more than to dump him in a vat of Sodium Hydroxide.

In the early 90's, I had a conversation with OJ Simpson on a plane and thought he was a really down-to-earth guy.

In the early 90's, I had a conversation with OJ Simpson on a plane and thought he was a really down-to-earth guy.

Not good on a plane though.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/454114909-newcastle-united-manager-alan-pardew-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qb7FXlJjYEf9Okoyh4b0Y6gF%2Fk8I3aUTh1NEd1avDc3lO1Uhv4Q5tvRw%2BrND6zu0jg%3D%3D

:lol: I wasn't trying to get into a contest - honest. I was genuinely shocked as I'd assumed Souness was an arrogant prick.

Not good on a plane though.

:boomboom: