Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The thing is with this bellend, I really want to like him, the arrogant slimy c*** that he is.  Buried under that sliminess are qualities that I swear could pass as likable.  Contrast with Souness, who I would have liked nothing more than to dump him in a vat of Sodium Hydroxide.

I have met Graeme Souness (twice) and was shocked at what a nice bloke he is.

Whereas pretty much everyone who's spent lots of time with him thinks he's a cunt.

The thing is with this bellend, I really want to like him, the arrogant slimy c*** that he is.  Buried under that sliminess are qualities that I swear could pass as likable.  Contrast with Souness, who I would have liked nothing more than to dump him in a vat of Sodium Hydroxide.

I have met Graeme Souness (twice) and was shocked at what a nice bloke he is.

Whereas pretty much everyone who's spent lots of time with him thinks he's a c***.

:dontknow:  I can only speak as I find. Mind you I've not compared notes with everyone who's spent a lot of time with him though.

Agree with a lot of what's being said. I'm really hoping that these last fee weeks are the green shoots of recovery. He admitted to being too cautious in the second half at home when we were winning (I forget which game) then he made a surprising change today in bringing on Hatem so early, and he also admitted blame for the Swansea performance.

If he could get over his ridiculously negative attitude in the games he's scared to lose he'd be doing everyone a huge favour. Will the penny drop though? I hope so, and it's been a long time since I've had any hope.

Agree with a lot of what's being said. I'm really hoping that these last fee weeks are the green shoots of recovery. He admitted to being too cautious in the second half at home when we were winning (I forget which game) then he made a surprising change today in bringing on Hatem so early, and he also admitted blame for the Swansea performance.

If he could get over his ridiculously negative attitude in the games he's scared to lose he'd be doing everyone a huge favour. Will the penny drop though? I hope so, and it's been a long time since I've had any hope.

I wouldn't get too over-excited just yet. At the moment we look like a typically good cup side. Defensively sound and capable of pinching a win against anyone. The problem might be when we need to beat weaker sides where we need to adopt a more aggressive approach. This is where Pardew resembles Moyes more than Ferguson IMO. Capable of going so far but then hits a ceiling.

Something we could really do with learning is grinding out some draws when we're not playing well. Been broadly the same since he came; generally we either win or lose - usually conceding a shitload of goals in the process. :lol: Suggests we are a bit too rigid and if the plan worked on all week comes off then great, but otherwise we're in bother. Explains why we so rarely come from behind to win as well of course. Easier said than done like, but we lose out on a lot of 'bonus' points by hardly ever drawing.

Something we could really do with learning is grinding out some draws when we're not playing well. Been broadly the same since he came; generally we either win or lose - usually conceding a shitload of goals in the process. :lol: Suggests we are a bit too rigid and if the plan worked on all week comes off then great, but otherwise we're in bother. Explains why we so rarely come from behind to win as well of course. Easier said than done like, but we lose out on a lot of 'bonus' points by hardly ever drawing.

I said similar the other day but described it as one paced, as in unable to change our tempo, to adapt to a team pushing on more or for us to up tempo the chase a game..

I'd like to see todays line up as the template for the club, we have personnel who can switch in and out for injuries/suspensions and upping/downing tempo should be achieveable with use. it's got to be harder chopping and changing formations aswell as personnel but understandable managers may do it when struggling.

It's a bit unusual, I think, that we haven't got more draws lately - as I don't feel our performances have been especially polarised (extremely good or bad), but we've been pretty good at hanging on to leads lately, partly due to luck or factors outside of hand yes, but also because of a lot of discipline and hard work. Equally, I can see the Swansea game being repeated throughout the season too.

A fantastic run, a win at ManU, yet still peoples feel the need to write essays on how Pardew could/should be better and somewhat ironically bang on about him being a perennially negative wanker.

Fair play to yers, I'm sure you feel the concerns need a constant airing, but sod that shit; What a fucking great day. :smitten:

A fantastic run, a win at ManU, yet still peoples feel the need to write essays on how Pardew could/should be better and somewhat ironically bang on about him being a perennially negative wanker.

Fair play to yers, I'm sure you feel the concerns need a constant airing, but sod that shit; What a fucking great day. :smitten:

Yet when you don't do that on a consistent basis minutes after a historic win, Brett and Inochi come on waggling their tiny cocks and telling you that you've ducked out in a cowardly fashion.

It's a bit unusual, I think, that we haven't got more draws lately - as I don't feel our performances have been especially polarised (extremely good or bad), but we've been pretty good at hanging on to leads lately, partly due to luck or factors outside of hand yes, but also because of a lot of discipline and hard work. Equally, I can see the Swansea game being repeated throughout the season too.

thats us all over, when we get beat we get beat bad, even though for me the performance wasn't as bad as that, frustrating as it was. next few games could easily see us beat southampton, palace and stoke, narrow defeat to arsenal then go down by 4 at west brom. it's the way we roll.

Furthermore, just as those who dislike Pardew have to hold their hands up at the moment and give credit where it's due, there were vast swathes of people on here last season (many of whom have been rapid in their attempts to hand out humble pie) consistently saying that the manager wasn't the problem and that it was actually the players (I distinctly remember searing criticism of Debuchy, Colo, MYM, Santon, Cabaye, Anita, Sissoko to name a few) who were garbage and that they were no better than the relegation fodder that the points total suggested.

thats us all over, when we get beat we get beat bad, even though for me the performance wasn't as bad as that, frustrating as it was. next few games could easily see us beat southampton, palace and stoke, narrow defeat to arsenal then go down by 4 at west brom. it's the way we roll.

Seems every team at the minute is inconsistant as hell.

Absolutely loving it, but can't shake a mental idea that some monster betting scandal is about to be uncovered. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Yet when you don't do that on a consistent basis minutes after a historic win, Brett and Inochi come on waggling their tiny cocks and telling you that you've ducked out in a cowardly fashion.

That's shite, like. You had a busy night on Wednesday, your first in a while. That's all I pointed out.

Absolutely cannot fault the smarmy gut for today, got everything right. I'd love to be all sweetness and light but there's a lot of deep wounds need healing. Steadily becoming more impressed with our team, if we have the longevity to see this form out and continue to improve in the same way I'm sure Pardew can win over his doubters, me included.

We're getting there, here's to hoping it can continue.

Furthermore, just as those who dislike Pardew have to hold their hands up at the moment and give credit where it's due, there were vast swathes of people on here last season (many of whom have been rapid in their attempts to hand out humble pie) consistently saying that the manager wasn't the problem and that it was actually the players (I distinctly remember searing criticism of Debuchy, Colo, MYM, Santon, Cabaye, Anita, Sissoko to name a few) who were garbage and that they were no better than the relegation fodder that the points total suggested.

Whey if there were, agreed, more fool them.

There were a hundred and one factors that led to our joke of a season last year but (then, as now) I'm surprised at anyone that felt those players bore more responsibility for it than the bloke charged with managing them.

Have to say though, I don't think the squad have much more in them than they have showed sporadically already this season. Hope I'm wrong, because it would surprise me to see us invest in the the significant sums it would take to take another step up.

I do actually agree with what he said today about 'different types of wins'. We've had an under the cosh style one at Spurs, a contain and then attack second half one against Chelsea, two fairly ground out gritty wins at home vs Norwich and WBA and then one based today upon keeping possession.

Hopefully this gives him a bit of confidence that the team have a few strings to their bow and that he can pick a team to win each game, instead of just starting the same 11 because we won last time out. They say never change a winning team, but I don't think that's always the case. There's always room for improvement unless you've just hammered a team six nowt or something, and we don't exactly do that much. :lol:

absolutely 100% correct mind you

instead of pointing out how last season's failure was totally pardew's fault again i'd like to just point out that i really hope the team gelling now provides some vindication to ashley and fucking kinnear that graham carr knows his players and we should let him get on with it

kinnear is such a fuck factor to thing progressing like, or so it appears