Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are they allowed to stream the games?

Also half time team talks at lunch time :lol: I suppose they are the same every match anyway.

They can just record two:

Winning - 'Sit deep and pump it long'

Drawing / Losing - 'Pump it long'

Also half time team talks at lunch time :lol: I suppose they are the same every match anyway.

Myth

Only Arsenal play less long balls than us, we are second bottom of the long ball stats/per game, joint with Man City.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014

Aston Villa  71

Southampton 70

Fulham         68

Everton         67

Norwich         67

Hull                 66

Cardiff         66

West Ham         66

Swansea         65

Sunderland 65

Tottenham         64

Chelsea         63

Man United 62

WBA            62

Crystal Palace 62

Stoke         60

Liverpool         56

Man City         55

NUFC          55

Arsenal         54

Myth

Only Arsenal play less long balls than us, we are second bottom of the long ball stats/per game, joint with Man City.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014

Aston Villa  71

Southampton 70

Fulham         68

Everton         67

Norwich         67

Hull                 66

Cardiff         66

West Ham         66

Swansea         65

Sunderland 65

Tottenham         64

Chelsea         63

Man United 62

WBA            62

Crystal Palace 62

Stoke         60

Liverpool         56

Man City         55

NUFC          55

Arsenal         54

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Myth

Aston Villa  71

Southampton 70

Fulham         68

Everton         67

Norwich         67

Hull                 66

Cardiff         66

West Ham         66

Swansea         65

Sunderland 65

Tottenham         64

Chelsea         63

Man United 62

WBA            62

Crystal Palace 62

Stoke         60

Liverpool         56

Man City         55

NUFC          55

Arsenal         54

Stats! You can prove anything with stats. I can see the long balls with my eyes man. I mean, clearly, they're not actually happening, but I can still see them with my eyes.

Surely a percentage would be a better indicator?  We've played the same amount of long balls as Man City, but they've played 135 more short passes than us. By these stats you can make yourself less of a 'long ball team' just by hardly ever having possession to make a pass, long or short, in the first place.

Surely a percentage would be a better indicator?  We've played the same amount of long balls as Man City, but they've played 135 more short passes than us. By these stats you can make yourself less of a 'long ball team' just by hardly ever having possession to make a pass, long or short, in the first place.

We play at least 53 less short passes per game than 9 other sides in the league, I find it canny hilarious that people keep smugly marching in with this long ball stat like it proves anything other than we just don't pass it around all that much in general :lol:

Not that I think we're an Allardyce-lite or anything, nowhere near.

Also consider that a 'long ball' up to advanced attacking players streaming forwards on the counter-attack against a stretched defence to create a goal-scoring chance is registered the same as a long ball aimlessly punted up the pitch to waiting defenders after tapping it about in your own half for five minutes and running out of ideas.  There's more to a long ball game than just the length of the passes.

The long ball stat in isolation does look impressive, but it doesn't show the full story. We don't exactly play possession football, we soak up pressure and hit on the break. That stat of 55 long balls needs to be shown as a percentage to have an accurate idea of our game, we wouldn't be second bottom though I can assure you that!

We can pass the ball about like (look at the Nowrich game even without Cabaye) we're just so muddled in our play that the next game we can come out and start aimlessly hoofing the ball forward to the point where one of their players is pointing it out.

As much as a few will laugh (for some reason) at the fact a team like Southampton are below us they clearly have a game plan that they stick to for the most part, and it's evident when you watch them. I'd far rather our group of players had the same luxury.

The FA could be particularly vindictive here, knowing we don't have much to play for, either suspend the sentence until next season or ensure the sentence overlaps into next season. Whatever they do you can be assured it'll be unprecedented as we're not one of the media darlings, you can bet we'll be made an example.

Guest reefatoon

Christ, the only excitement I get out of us is waiting to see how long our bell end of a manager gets banned for.  If it is all season, I will be fist pumping the air like a champion and will for the first ever time be singing for Pardew to give me a wave.

Gotta love footballing days like these. With this and the showing of the profits from the club accounts, It really has been a marvelous season. One to remember.

they should impose a total humiliation on the prick as well when he comes back, like having to have an assessor with him in the technical area for XX amount of games to monitor his behaviour...this after insisting he goes to anger anonymous until the end of his ban, if such a thing exists

that or make him stand in the technical area for the remaining mackems home games wearing a sandwich board saying he hates mackems like die hard 3, any reaction on his part and they withdraw his licence

christ i really don't like pardew