Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't want to say anyone is clearly guilty of this but... :lol:

Honestly though it was like reading RTG at times yesterday with the "we were lucky" comments. It was the same the season we finished 5th. Not sure some will ever enjoy watching us anymore as they seem desperate to be 'balanced'.

We certainly had the rub of the green to get into that position and things weren't looking good at all on 40 minutes, but as I said earlier on you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that with aplomb, so good stuff.  I'm watching MOTD and Shearer and Savage are both saying we were lucky to get all the decisions we did yesterday, not sure what their N-O usernames are but they're as manic-depressive Pardew-haters as anyone else on here going by the logic you're applying.

Well if 'try too hard to be impartial' Shearer and 'wind up merchant' Savage said it how can anyone argue? :lol:

I'd prefer to go on what I saw, neither of the sendings off were harsh and we could have had a few more decisions go our way but Atkinson basically felt sorry for them knowing there was no way back.

Neither of the sendings off were harsh, but that doesn't change the fact that we were lucky to be playing Stoke on the day Whelan decided he wanted a bath after 40 minutes. You don't have to be a recipient of dodgy decisions to enjoy good fortune.

When is anyone not lucky? That time Cabaye catches it just right, Krul dives at just the right time, the linesman gets the difficult decision spot on, the opposition players get sent off for stupid tackles etc..

:lol: How you've got the stones to call my post desperate and then follow up with s**** like this, I'll never know.

Good footballing technique and officiating is the same as an opposition player talking himself into getting sent off and us benefitting massively from it? Cracking stuff. Just give it up man.

A team winning because the opposition gets someone rightly sent off being deemed as luck.

Aye, right I'm the one full of s**** :lol: you will find a hell of a lot more people agreeing with you on RTG fella, we are always lucky according to them.

You're completely ignoring the context though (it's almost as if the score is the only thing that matters?). That Whelan sending off wasn't your normal run of the mill red card, and you know it. He actively got himself a red when it could have been avoided and it was a massive turning point in the game, a game which we were second best in up until that point. We were lucky it happened. I don't know how many different ways I/others can put across that point of view.

You're not an idiot, I've read your posts for years so I know that. Just seems like you totally overreacted to my initial post and you haven't got the balls to admit it.

Balls to admit what? We clearly have different interpretations to what luck is, to me it isn't the fact they made poor decisions. That is how most football games are won or lost.

Luck is a freak course of action like the Sunderland beach ball thing I mentioned previously.

You've said we were unlucky not to win against Southampton, which freak event do you put that down to then?

remy having put his boots on the wrong feet

Honestly though it was like reading RTG at times yesterday with the "we were lucky" comments. It was the same the season we finished 5th. Not sure some will ever enjoy watching us anymore as they seem desperate to be 'balanced'.

We certainly had the rub of the green to get into that position and things weren't looking good at all on 40 minutes, but as I said earlier on you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that with aplomb, so good stuff.  I'm watching MOTD and Shearer and Savage are both saying we were lucky to get all the decisions we did yesterday, not sure what their N-O usernames are but they're as manic-depressive Pardew-haters as anyone else on here going by the logic you're applying.

Well if 'try too hard to be impartial' Shearer and 'wind up merchant' Savage said it how can anyone argue? :lol:

I'd prefer to go on what I saw, neither of the sendings off were harsh and we could have had a few more decisions go our way but Atkinson basically felt sorry for them knowing there was no way back.

Neither of the sendings off were harsh, but that doesn't change the fact that we were lucky to be playing Stoke on the day Whelan decided he wanted a bath after 40 minutes. You don't have to be a recipient of dodgy decisions to enjoy good fortune.

When is anyone not lucky? That time Cabaye catches it just right, Krul dives at just the right time, the linesman gets the difficult decision spot on, the opposition players get sent off for stupid tackles etc..

:lol: How you've got the stones to call my post desperate and then follow up with shite like this, I'll never know.

Good footballing technique and officiating is the same as an opposition player talking himself into getting sent off and us benefitting massively from it? Cracking stuff. Just give it up man.

A team winning because the opposition gets someone rightly sent off being deemed as luck.

Aye, right I'm the one full of shite :lol: you will find a hell of a lot more people agreeing with you on RTG fella, we are always lucky according to them.

You're completely ignoring the context though (it's almost as if the score is the only thing that matters?). That Whelan sending off wasn't your normal run of the mill red card, and you know it. He actively got himself a red when it could have been avoided and it was a massive turning point in the game, a game which we were second best in up until that point. We were lucky it happened. I don't know how many different ways I/others can put across that point of view.

You're not an idiot, I've read your posts for years so I know that. Just seems like you totally overreacted to my initial post and you haven't got the balls to admit it.

Balls to admit what? We clearly have different interpretations to what luck is, to me it isn't the fact they made poor decisions. That is how most football games are won or lost.

Luck is a freak course of action like the Sunderland beach ball thing I mentioned previously.

You've said we were unlucky not to win against Southampton, which freak event do you put that down to then?

:lol: Yep, this has been conveniently ignored from Hans' post on the last page.

:lol: How you've got the stones to call my post desperate and then follow up with shite like this, I'll never know.

Aye, right I'm the one full of shite :lol: you will find a hell of a lot more people agreeing with you on RTG fella, we are always lucky according to them.

That you overreacted to my post. Looks like your definition of luck is different to mine and most others. Interested to hear your response on the Southampton game, that should shed a bit more light on it.

:lol: How you've got the stones to call my post desperate and then follow up with s**** like this, I'll never know.

Aye, right I'm the one full of s**** :lol: you will find a hell of a lot more people agreeing with you on RTG fella, we are always lucky according to them.

http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif

http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif

How often has Remy missed a chance like the one he did when Gazzaniga miskicked? Could class that as a freak event tbh. (I realise the miskick in itself was a slice of luck)

I think people are just saying that the entire balance of the game shifted, it was looking grim on 40 minutes then we got 4 breaks in 5 minutes (2 sendings off, a penalty and the Williamson hand ball call leading to a goal).  We seized the opportunity really well but I'm not sure how that can be disputed, I'd say it about any other side in the same circumstances, i.e. something along the lines of "They were barely in the game then 5 minutes of madness and the whole context of the game changed".  Some clogger being a dafty on the halfway line sparked all of that off, so we were quite fortunate that he was thick as 2 short planks to spark a revival.

To reiterate though - we took advantage really well and delivered a really pleasing second half show.  Could have scored 8 or 9 in the end.

I think people are just saying that the entire balance of the game shifted, it was looking grim on 40 minutes then we got 4 breaks in 5 minutes (2 sendings off, a penalty and the Williamson hand ball call leading to a goal).  We seized the opportunity really well but I'm not sure how that can be disputed, I'd say it about any other side in the same circumstances, i.e. something along the lines of "They were barely in the game then 5 minutes of madness and the whole context of the game changed".  Some clogger being a dafty on the halfway line sparked all of that off, so we were quite fortunate that he was thick as 2 short planks to spark a revival.

To reiterate though - we took advantage really well and delivered a really pleasing second half show.  Could have scored 8 or 9 in the end.

This :thup:

I don't know how the concept is so hard to understand or why the word "luck" suddenly has a massive stigma attached to it.

I just think if we call ourselves lucky because Stoke had two men sent off, Stoke can call themselves unlucky. Which, in my opinion, they can't for bringing two justified red cards upon themselves. :dontknow:

Why?  The first sending off and even the second one were situations within Stoke's control to cause/prevent, which is not the case the other way around.

There's no way Whelan's first yellow was justified. Just saying like.

Matter of opinion though. Which I guess the definition and use of "lucky" is as well, tbf.

I sit near the half way line and had a good side on view. To my mind Whelan kicked the ball away and deserved his yellow. I thought Cabaye was lucky not to also get yellow as he took the opportunity to have a nibble at Whelen which caused the spat. The only lucky thing I can say is that players kick the ball away frequently without getting the yellow the rules prescribe.

I just think if we call ourselves lucky because Stoke had two men sent off, Stoke can call themselves unlucky. Which, in my opinion, they can't for bringing two justified red cards upon themselves. :dontknow:

:thup:

Fair enough from Wullie mind if I did say that, my memory is atrocious so I honestly can't remember it. I still absolutely hate wins being put down to luck but fuck it, I feel like shit, can't hear and just want to curl up and cry now anyway so apologies if I have overreacted Dr V :lol:  :rose:

Pardew played a blinder against Stoke, I have no idea how he planned to have 2 players sent off and a couple of penalties but he must have planned it if it wasn't down to luck.

I also feel sorry for him as luck never goes for him, only against him.

Only the first sending off involved any luck for us.

Anyway, im sure we'll all have many games where we start poorly & dont win 5-1 to save having to discuss the issue after a big win like. We reacted well after some good fortune, hopefully it adds to our belief to win games after losing the lead anyway.

A mate met him last night in 'Pleased To Meet You' - I think he shops in the same places as me  :lol:

1497681_10153660475165035_1184244992_n.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Thats not Alan Pardew man.

His mate is the lad at the back cowied off his tits.  He thinks the bloke with the hat on is Vernon Anita.

Went from having his tactics wrong to completely right against Stoke. Think that game was a case of where we had made our own luck in recent weeks, all rubbing off in one game. Going to be another tough one tomorrow. I hope we field a nice solid team and keep a high tempo, get in their faces and get stuck in. They don't like it up 'em and with a solid, determined first half hour I think we can sneak it.

:thup:

Fair enough from Wullie mind if I did say that, my memory is atrocious so I honestly can't remember it. I still absolutely hate wins being put down to luck but fuck it, I feel like shit, can't hear and just want to curl up and cry now anyway so apologies if I have overreacted Dr V :lol:  :rose:

That's alright mate, no hard feelings :thup:

Why?  The first sending off and even the second one were situations within Stoke's control to cause/prevent, which is not the case the other way around.

Exactly! Not sure where the ambiguity is there.