Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Swansea are pretty good at pwning are neanderthal approach to football. Quite confident.

They played well last weekend. They need the points way more than us and I will be surprised if we put up much resistance.

Really worried we're going to pull a 1-0 out the bag today. Swansea, for all their pretty play, are pretty toss at the back. Looking forward to seeing Bony play though, a real case of look what you could've had.

Guest neesy111

Can't believe how bad we are because of this prick. At home to Swansea in the Premier League and they're shorter odds than we are for the win. :jesuswept:

Really?  Despite their awful form as well.

0-1 down and Shola comes on in the 80th minute and scores a brace. Pardew stays for next season and Shola awarded with a new 2-year deal. Everybody happy :lol:

ban this sick filth

What??  :lol: :kasper:

Whilst I am pleased that the press, local and national, are ramping up pressure on our cowardly, defensive fraud of a manager, I'm somewhat disappointed that they're listing all the wrong reasons.

They seem to think we are wanting him out because of recent results. And maybe, for some supporters, that is the case. But I feel the majority want him out because of the way we play and the way he speaks about us.

I could accept 9th if we were having a go at teams, trying to be better than them, though obviously I'd hope for higher. But I'd expect the manager to hope for higher as well, and to tell us that. We could easily be at least 9th with a decent brand of attacking football, instead we're the most horrid team to watch in the league with a manager who wants nothing other than to defend for 90 minutes and is terrified of losing. Meanwhile, he runs down the supporters' expectations and bigs up the opposition before the game has even kicked off.

He won't let us see our best players, and when he does feel he has to drag them onto the pitch they are told to run in the wrong direction, back towards our own penalty area instead of towards the opposition. If I managed Newcastle (Yeah, I know. :lol:) I'd tell Ben Arfa that if he even set foot in his own half for anything other than the kickoffs I'd fine him a week's wages. This man has talent, flair and pace. He can excite the fans and terrify the opposition. But only if he is allowed to do it by the manager. Putting him on the pitch, however often, is not enough if he is told to do the wrong things.

Football is about entertainment. It is a spectacle, a release from the daily tedium of life. I watch football for enjoyment, for pleasure. When people call it "the beautiful game" they're not conjuring up images of players grafting hard, tracking back, putting tackles in and running round lots. No, it's beating your man, running at the opposition, firing in a shot or a cross, a deft flick or a neat bit of skill. All these things are alien to Alan Pardew's footballing mentality and they are the reason why, ultimately, we're utterly sick of watching his sides play.

Results can mask bad performances for a while, like when we finished 5th, but they are not everything and are not guaranteed. Entertain me. That's what I want after a week at work. Talk us up, not the opposition. Make the players, and by association us as fans, feel tall and proud. Make me feel invincible, not afraid. Make me expectant, not fearful. Make the opposition worry about us rather than us worrying about them.

Give me hope. Make me smile.

And if you can't do that, fuck off.

:thup: Really good stuff.