Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

It was something Pardew just said, 'for a club of our size and financial ability to have 36 points before January'.

Just seen this. For f***'s sake man, what an arsehole.

Is that a piss-take or for real?

Pre match interview.

It's the football philosophy of Allardyce, Pulls, Hughes and Pardew versus that of Wenger, Martinez, Pochitino, and Laudrup?

I know which I prefer, but we'll never get that under the current regime.

tbf Wenger shut up shop with 20 minutes to go today, if Pardew did that he would be slated.

Quite pleased with the performance today overall, thought the result could easily have gone either way.

He did that anarl didn't he.

Hoying defenders on and sitting deeper and deeper.

I thought we played well and were unfortunate to lose.

Nil Nil would have been fair as neither team looked like scoring.

I thought we edged the 1st half after a shaky start but they edged the 2nd save for the last 10 minutes when they were content to defend for their lives.

It's the football philosophy of Allardyce, Pulls, Hughes and Pardew versus that of Wenger, Martinez, Pochitino, and Laudrup?

tbf Wenger shut up shop with 20 minutes to go today, if Pardew did that he would be slated.

Quite pleased with the performance today overall, thought the result could easily have gone either way.

:thup:

He'd be applauded for shutting up shop 5 minutes later than usual.

He'd be applauded for shutting up shop 5 minutes later than usual.

:lol:

Good point.

Well that's a lie.

Then why ask?

:lol:

I don't know the answer, but I know it's not fucking 7

Going top at Xmas 2001 (Arsenal away) with 36 points is the only time I can find. Mostly mid-20's at this stage for the last 12-15 seasons but it's usually been from 18 games.

Edit: had 45 in Xmas 1995 (!)

Guest Howaythetoon

I would sack the cunt for those pre-match comments alone. But then this is the same cretin who in the same fixture last season, said we should all be turning up in fancy dress to celebrate the absolute hugely amazing achievement of not getting relegated. Anyway, it was an honour to lose to Arsenal today etc.

Guest bimpy474

Me too. Which is why I'm surprised at the reaction to his comments.

His comments were  "for a club of our size and financial ability to have 36 points before January" and that's bullshit.

How?

Because we're not a small club, and the financial thing is soley down to the fucking jumble sale merchant who owns us, maybe ?

How?

Because we're not a small skint club.

From what's mids says, it's the first time we've done it in ten years. We've clearly got limited finances for whatever reason and the 'big club' debate will go on forever. People getting their knickers in a twist for no reason.htt especially.