Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just think if we call ourselves lucky because Stoke had two men sent off, Stoke can call themselves unlucky. Which, in my opinion, they can't for bringing two justified red cards upon themselves. :dontknow:

:thup:

Fair enough from Wullie mind if I did say that, my memory is atrocious so I honestly can't remember it. I still absolutely hate wins being put down to luck but fuck it, I feel like shit, can't hear and just want to curl up and cry now anyway so apologies if I have overreacted Dr V :lol:  :rose:

That's alright mate, no hard feelings :thup:

Same-old shit tactic of holding off until the x minute mark. Works once in a while (Chelsea), but it's a strategy that's nothing short of negative, cowardly and boring. Having a good season or not, should rightly be criticised.

The attacking "threat" and ideas we offered all game is nothing short of Championship standards.

Pardew getting blamed for losing against the best team in the country in 2013. :lol:

Wow. I guess you need another 3-0 loss at home to SMB, don't you?

It's not particularly the fact that we lost, it's the way we lost it. No invention whatsoever.

Same-old s*** tactic of holding off until the x minute mark. Works once in a while (Chelsea), but it's a strategy that's nothing short of negative, cowardly and boring. Having a good season or not, should rightly be criticised.

The attacking "threat" and ideas we offered all game is nothing short of Championship standards.

Its not like we were living on edge defending like our lives depended on it in the first half. We were as attacking as Arsenal were

Same-old s*** tactic of holding off until the x minute mark. Works once in a while (Chelsea), but it's a strategy that's nothing short of negative, cowardly and boring. Having a good season or not, should rightly be criticised.

Its not like we were living on edge defending like our lives depended on it in the first half. We were as attacking as Arsenal were

The only time we attacked was probably near the end of the half. And even then that came from Arsenal mistake.

Spot on. Our tactics going forward always amount to nothing more than hopeful crosses into the box. These players could be capable of a lot more.

Not gonna give him too much grief tbh, our performances against the top teams has been good this year and we've done it mostly setting up like we did today.

Just didn't go our way today, a crappy goal at a shitty time was our undoing and it's hard to fault him for that.

The only time we attacked was probably near the end of the half. And even then that came from Arsenal mistake.

When did Arsenal attack?

Compare the fluidity of Arsenal's attacks, passing and moving around the edge of our box (albeit in brief spells), to us either hopefully crossing into the box or finding Remy/Gouffran with the ball in the final third with nobody to pass to,  thanks to a static setup which prevents us from attacking as a team.

Guest palnese

People think it's okay that he put on Shola f***ing Ameobi?

Christ.

Cisse then?

Cisse might have some confidence back, and he could have contributed in the box. Shola is Shola.

Not gonna give him too much grief tbh, our performances against the top teams has been good this year and we've done it mostly setting up like we did today.

Just didn't go our way today, a crappy goal at a shitty time was our undoing and it's hard to fault him for that.

Compare the fluidity of Arsenal's attacks, passing and moving around the edge of our box (albeit in brief spells), to us either hopefully crossing into the box or finding Remy/Gouffran with the ball in the final third with nobody to pass to,  thanks to a static setup which prevents us from attacking as a team.

Not many sides pass & move like Arsenal tbf. I do wonder why people assume we'd come off best if we'd have gone gung ho attack vs attack. As if its clear we'd win that battle?

Easier to criticise him for being overly cautious in hindsight knowing that Arsenal weren't at their best. If our forward players had a better game we would have at least gotten a draw IMO.

A lot of that was down to how much we pressed them. We didn't let them play their game properly.

Thought we waited too long to go for it but that all could have been different had Arsenal not scored when they did. No problems with Shola being chucked on when we were chasing it as we needed to mix it up and he's the only one who can win the occasional header, whereas Cisse probably wouldn't of had a sniff.