Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Compare the fluidity of Arsenal's attacks, passing and moving around the edge of our box (albeit in brief spells), to us either hopefully crossing into the box or finding Remy/Gouffran with the ball in the final third with nobody to pass to,  thanks to a static setup which prevents us from attacking as a team.

Not many sides pass & move like Arsenal tbf. I do wonder why people assume we'd come off best if we'd have gone gung ho attack vs attack. As if its clear we'd win that battle?

True, but as had been said, we offered what a Championship team would in an attacking sense today. It isn't as simple as playing defensively vs gung ho attack, its about the style of play/ how the team are coached.

Compare the fluidity of Arsenal's attacks, passing and moving around the edge of our box (albeit in brief spells), to us either hopefully crossing into the box or finding Remy/Gouffran with the ball in the final third with nobody to pass to,  thanks to a static setup which prevents us from attacking as a team.

Not many sides pass & move like Arsenal tbf. I do wonder why people assume we'd come off best if we'd have gone gung ho attack vs attack. As if its clear we'd win that battle?

True, but as had been said, we offered what a Championship team would in an attacking sense today. It isn't as simple as playing defensively vs gung ho attack, its about the style of play/ how the team are coached.

Apart from a 10 minute spell in the first half where they had 3 pot shots from 25+yards which were nowhere near, what did they offer more than we did?

No major complaints from me today, we matched them most of the match. One poor defensive mistake lost us the game. He brought Ben arfa on at the right time, just unfortunate that we conceded straight after.

Apart from a 10 minute spell in the first half where they had 3 pot shots from 25+yards which were nowhere near, what did they offer more than we did?

They looked far more likely to score throughout the game than we did.

I don't think they did tbh. Can't remember too many times Krul was needed. When you play a team like Arsenal, you expect a few clear cut opportunities.

You get games where you play the top teams, you get a result, and if you played the match over, 8 times out of 10, the other team wins.

I'd say we could replay that, same tactics, same performance levels, same subs, and 50% of the time we get a positive result.

Guest bimpy474

I don't think they did tbh. Can't remember too many times Krul was needed. When you play a team like Arsenal, you expect a few clear cut opportunities.

You get games where you play the top teams, you get a result, and if you played the match over, 8 times out of 10, the other team wins.

I'd say we could replay that, same tactics, same performance levels, same subs, and 50% of the time we get a positive result.

:icon_scratch: 60% of the time it works every time ? :lol:

Guest palnese

They looked far more likely to score throughout the game than we did.

Did they bollocks.

Neither team looked likely to score, but they did, and we didn't.

I think the complaints are a bit unnecessary today. They've been the most consistent team in the league this year, have a genius in charge and still had to work bloody hard to beat us. Apart from the sloppy goal we more than matched them, which is light years ahead of some of the other matches he's taken charge of against the top teams. I didn't think we were all that negative either, certainly not overly so.

I think the complaints are a bit unnecessary today. They've been the most consistent team in the league this year, have a genius in charge and still had to work bloody hard to beat us. Apart from the sloppy goal we more than matched them, which is light years ahead of some of the other matches he's taken charge of against the top teams. I didn't think we were all that negative either, certainly not overly so.

:thup:

Now WBA I expect us to go at them similar to Palace, Cardiff, Villa etc.

Tend to agree with this, my feelings about not starting Ben Arfa aside I think we again performed well as a unit. You cannot discount the opposition and tbh it's just nice to see us not completely fall to pieces every week. We're making far less catastrophic errors as a unit and as individuals.

It's the football philosophy of Allardyce, Pulls, Hughes and Pardew versus that of Wenger, Martinez, Pochitino, and Laudrup?

I know which I prefer, but we'll never get that under the current regime.

tbf Wenger shut up shop with 20 minutes to go today, if Pardew did that he would be slated.

Quite pleased with the performance today overall, thought the result could easily have gone either way.

:thup:

Still haven't changed my view of the man. He deserves credit for where we are in the league but he's a coward of a manager and his tactics have cost us points over the season. Having said that his game plan almost worked today, if we'd of attacked with a bit more intent I feel we'd of taken something from the game.

It was something Pardew just said, 'for a club of our size and financial ability to have 36 points before January'.

Just seen this. For f***'s sake man, what an arsehole.

Is that a piss-take or for real?