Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reading wasn't a turning point, it was merely confirmation that this guy is actually mental.

To add to this - look at the results up to that point:

6 Dec, 18:00 Girondins Bordeaux 2 - 0 Newcastle United Europa League

10 Dec, 20:00 Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United Premier League

15 Dec, 12:45 Newcastle United 1 - 3 Manchester City Premier League

22 Dec, 15:00 Newcastle United 1 - 0 Queens Park Rangers Premier League

26 Dec, 15:00 Manchester United 4 - 3 Newcastle United Premier League

29 Dec, 17:30 Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle United Premier League

January

2 Jan, 20:00 Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton Premier League

5 Jan, 12:30 Brighton and Hove Albion 2 - 0 Newcastle United FA Cup

12 Jan, 15:00 Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United Premier League

19 Jan, 15:00 Newcastle United 1 - 2 Reading Premier League

It was absolutely turgid.

Maybe I was late to the show, but fwiw the only folk I saw laughed at or patronised on here were those wondering if sacking Pardew was necessarily good for the club given the Ashley situation.

I've never been derogatory to anyone who wanted him out, only tried to defend my "more time" position.

He's had enough time now like, obviously.

Guest firetotheworks

Most fans have recognised he's not a good manager, it's just that there's no warranty that the next one will be better. We've reached a point now where that doesn't matter to most, we just want him out.

I've said it before, I don't care if the next one's worse (partly because I don't believe that you can do much worse)

This is self-righteous, but I still feel some people don't "deserve" to want Pardew Out. Those of us who've argued it since ~Reading were urging proactivity as we could see this unfold at any given time due to his unmistakeable shitness. I was given an incredible amount of s*** from other Swedish fans for my "negativity".

Not seeing it then but turning around now, for the exact same reasons, is provoking.

Sorry, but what are you on about? As one of the first along with Mick (from what I remember and HTT I think) I don't care if people saw sense then or now, the important part is that everyone is turning against this complete and utter fraud.

Knew this wouldn't go down well :lol:

Probably because of what I encountered from most Swedish fans. Had to defend my opinion on Pardew way too much. This is some sort of personal revenge. I take it you stay away from the Swedish forums? Being ridiculed for an opinion that most people would come to accept 12 months later. I feel they deserve Pardew  :)

Absolutely stay away. Used to hang out on magpies.nu back in the days, but Swedish knowledge of this sport is shamelessly low nowadays. Even on TV you have bunch of clueless people preaching about the game which makes it unbearable. No wonder national team is on a huge decline even with the best player ever to play for Sweden in the team.

Of course wishing Pardew on people for life is taking things too far.

What I was trying to say is that the provocative element in people who went overboard in their accusations all the way through last season, painting those who wanted Pardew out as part of the problem, is significant.

There are many who were very vocal - of course not here, the mothership of Pardew hatred - in their argument that wanting him out was a knee-jerk opinion. They pointed to his ONE successfull season in the Premiership, talked about "stability", faulted the players rather than him (whose ability were decreasing alarmingly fast), refusing to see why he was at the club, bought his endless f***ing bullshit and excuses, talked about Europa League as a big problem and celebrated the fact that we stayed up. Who defends a manager that starts Shola Ameobi at right-wing?

They all go under the same banner as f***ing @nufcfans.

You mention that season like it's a paranthesis, when in fact it was a significant over-achievement and great time for the club. Pardew deserved at least one more season after that one.

Guest firetotheworks

31st August 2012 was my apardcalypse. Thanking Ashley for not selling any player while spending no money in that transfer window tipped Ol' Jacko over the edge and he never returned.

Give up, you'll never surpass "the flasher" :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

If we'd had the same outlook at home against the shitter teams, we'd have wiped the floor with them. He had it completely the wrong way around. Attack and leave yourself exposed against Man United and Arsenal, but be conservative and look to sneak a goal against everyone at home. This guy man. :lol:

Well, that match was entertaining at least. Dat pass from Marv.. :fwap:

That's the real shame of it. We were really good for 70 minutes and attacking properly for once. Then he hit the self destruct button because he's a cunt who had to play Ameobi.

Ferguson for Simpson (82)

Sh.Ameobi for Bigirimana (82)

Tavernier for Marveaux (88)

:scared:

I can't sympathise with anyone who didn't want him gone after Southampton away last season. Completely dominated by a newly promoted side following two dismal home defeats to West Ham and Swansea.

He has been given a preposterous amount of credit for 11/12, a season only worth watching for about six or seven games. Nothing there any better then when Fat Sam finished in a European place at Bolton.

It doesn't matter when people came to the conclusion that Pardew was not good enough. All that matters now is that most have realised that he's shit and the more the merrier for me.

Guest firetotheworks

Just so long as we can all agree that those that wanted him out ages ago know infinitely more about football than those that didn't. That's all that matters.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-column-knee-jerk-toon-fans-1849087

:lol: remember when simon bird told us all we were knee jerk for wanting pardew out. He's changed his tune like

Those urging Pardew to be booted out, appear to assume he doesn't understand the situation.

Take of instance the lack of goals at set pieces that is being used as a stick to hit him with. United staff have looked at this and have a theory. They don't have enough big men to cause havoc.

Their two biggest jumpers, Steven Taylor and Moussa Sissoko are marked up by the opposition's biggest. Newcastle believe they need a good third or fourth jumper in there to cause trouble. It will be a consideration when discussing transfer targets in the summer.

Take for instance the lack of passion or work-rate during the Sunderland defeat. Think Pardew didn't notice that? He adjusted training last week to include some tough running drills for two days to sharpen up what was required. It worked for the first half against West Brom, at least.

:mackems:

:lol:

If and when he's ever sacked I'm going to miss Pards just for his hilarious coaching ideas. Maybe he will be able to persuade Mike to put in a £20m bid for Fellaini. Jump the fuck out of that you fuzzy haired scamp you! :nile:

31st August 2012 was my apardcalypse. Thanking Ashley for not selling any player while spending no money in that transfer window tipped Ol' Jacko over the edge and he never returned.

Not a sympathiser but he did spend money in that transfer window

Guest firetotheworks

In hindsight I actually think he might have genuinely had mental problems and I didn't pick up on it tbh.