Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So do we believe that we have looked around but have been told to piss off by various managers ?

It's very possible we've found out what the going rate is for a decent manager and decided not to bother.

It would potentially be a brilliant move for a manager like Pochettino, assuming he can live with the transfer budget.

in what respect ian?

Assuming he's not getting offered jobs like Man Utd, it's a massive under performing club with some good technical players. Huge fan base, massive stadium etc. Just the working under Ashley thing obviously.

So do we believe that we have looked around but have been told to piss off by various managers ?

It's very possible we've found out what the going rate is for a decent manager and decided not to bother.

Sounds very feasible.

I want to believe that we are actively looking.

Guillem Ballarge or however you spell his name has just said that Newcastle were one of the clubs that had sounded out Pochetino... must been before they decided to stick with this prick :(

imagine them trying to sell the club to pochetino man :lol:

They couldn't do it now obviously, but before he went to Southampton he'd have been keen enough I'd have thought. Out of our league now though, if the Spurs rumours are true.

Hey Pochettino,

I know Southampton spend £30m a season and we spend nothing, but we can get some good loan players, what da ya say?

No Sherwood's, no Pulis's and no other unqualified c*** either. I will only settle for a proper manager suitable for a club of this stature otherwise don't bother. Stick your tuppence ha'penny managers up your arse Ashley.

Haven't you been beating the "anyone but Pardew" drum before?

No, I've been pretty specific that I don't want any long ball merchants or Sherwood because he's a prick.

Fair enough. So you'd rather keep Pardew than get Pullis or Sherwood in?

What's the point in sacking Pardew to replace him with either of those two? They might be better, they might not. I want someone who I would be confident could handle a squad of international players and develop an effective team to compete in Europe.

:thup:

You're both fucking delusional.

'I really want us to sack Pardew but not unless we get a top class manager in.' Mentalists.

Disgusting, just disgusting.

Four years:

- No semblance of playing style (despite constant talk)

- Almost every player has gone backwards in terms of skill and confidence

- All areas of the pitch look weaker than when he took over - That has to be said in practice, not on paper.

- Lost crowd support

That's without bringing in the stats into play which are sackable by themselves and way more damning.

The fact that he will now get "his choice" of transfer targets petrifies me. We would already be in the Championship if he had got the likes of Bent, Tompkins and Bardsley. I fully expect him to use last years window as his main excuse and we will pay for what happens next.

No Sherwood's, no Pulis's and no other unqualified c*** either. I will only settle for a proper manager suitable for a club of this stature otherwise don't bother. Stick your tuppence ha'penny managers up your arse Ashley.

No, I've been pretty specific that I don't want any long ball merchants or Sherwood because he's a prick.

What's the point in sacking Pardew to replace him with either of those two? They might be better, they might not. I want someone who I would be confident could handle a squad of international players and develop an effective team to compete in Europe.

You're both f***ing delusional.

'I really want us to sack Pardew but not unless we get a top class manager in.' Mentalists.

As Ronaldo is pointing out.. it doesn't get much better or more top class than Alan. Some people..

I'd take whatever might be marginally better who will get us playing half decent football. Sherwood's not proved much but he's a no-brainer.

I agree.. not least he would be given time having Sir Les on staff.

It's the same as last year though.. there are some serious upgrades available this summer and for nothing in terms of compensation. Yet we will gamble again, except this time I fully expect us to be rooted near the bottom when we finally sack Pardew and there will be no-one left available of any use.

You're both fucking delusional.

I didn't say top class, although it shouldn't need saying that a club this size deserves a top class manager. But at least we could aim for a promising manager from one of the lesser clubs either at home or abroad. It's not that much to ask. And fuck Sherwood, he hasn't proved anything in the space of a few months at Spurs any more than Pardew did in the first few months here.

I'd take whatever might be marginally better who will get us playing half decent football. Sherwood's not proved much but he's a no-brainer.

"Whatever might be marginally better" has the potential to work out a lot worse. Replace Pardew with Kinnear or Dennis Wise or whoever else Ashley might trust and we could be looking at an even worse situation next season. I don't see what's delusional about saying you would only want to see Pardew sacked for a clear improvement. Nobody except you said anything about requiring a "top class replacement"..

At least with Pardew everyone is now realising he is useless. If you brought in someone like Pulis or Sherwood you could end up spending another 4 years arguing his merits before coming to the same conclusion. Just spend some money on a rated manager like most other half sane owners do. Why should Mike Ashley continue to take the piss and we endorse him for it?

Give me a break, man. The same poster wouldn't replace Pardew with David Moyes for fuck sake.

I don't like Moyes with his dull football and he wouldn't be my choice, but at least he's got a pedigree. So I'd take him over Pardew just to be clear.

Give me a break, man. The same poster wouldn't replace Pardew with David Moyes for f*** sake.

Not aimed at me surely?

Anyway, you whined about Hughton, now you whine about Pardew and if we sack him for Pulis you would be whining about him in no time too. I know it's unlikely with Ashley, but I would like us to go for a better grade of manager next. Don't know why that's worthy of ridicule?