Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

@LukeEdwardsTele

#nufc have contacted me to dispute the fact they have pledged to spend £60m this summer. Happy to pass this info on. Budget is undisclosed

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why the fuck did I read 'unlimited'  :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

@LukeEdwardsTele

#nufc have contacted me to dispute the fact they have pledged to spend £60m this summer. Happy to pass this info on. Budget is undisclosed

Brilliant :lol: utter bullshit then

Guest firetotheworks

@LukeEdwardsTele

Wow, that 35 minutes was nice.

Guest bimpy474

If you are intending to spend £60m, you don't let Alan Pardew spend it on players he wants, or spend it yourself on players for Alan Pardew.

Utter utter madness.

We shouldn't be letting players come in who Pardew doesn't agree with. Players like Mbiwa for example, it's clear Pardew has no intentions for the lad and want his big strong CB, so should be left to Carr to go and find that specific player then come back with a suggestion or two.

Even though Anita has started a lot this season, I still don't think he's gained Pardew's trust, he's not getting a big enough role in the side. It's a struggle to work out what role he is playing in the side at times other than just look busy. We should be building our attacks through him but instead we just let the game pass him by.

Aye, quality players let go because of an average manager. We need rid of Pardew 100% to progress on the field.

Reckon they were quoting the UK population figure and got misquoted.  Probably something to do with there being plenty of British to go around with resorting to forrins.

Maybe it's the number of lies told at the fans forum and the leak got misheard.

Guest firetotheworks

Soz, was just trying to get at the fact that Pardew wouldn't Elbe the one spending the money exactly.

Aye but he'd be the one coaching them and whatnot. Which I think was what KenDahl was getting at?

Righto, that's true, still think it's better if Pardew has better players.

Of course it's better. Better players, better team. Obviously they might not play to their true potential or get Pardewed or whatever, but when Pardew has had a fully fit side with quality in it (Remy, Cabaye), he has shown he can get positive results which is why better players would obviously be a good thing.

Oh...Jesus...fuck...NO!

The stuff the club sees fit to speak out and correct the press on is often hilarious like. :lol: Some clubs go all out to say their best players aren't for sale, our lot get pissed off when the press report we'll be spending some of the money that's sat there in the form of the profit we've made in the last 3 seasons.  Couldn't make it up. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Brett man, you're like fucking Robert De Niro in The Awakenings.

A dribbling vegetable ?

Guest firetotheworks

Brett man, you're like f***ing Robert De Niro in The Awakenings.

A dribbling vegetable ?

Spoiler for those that haven't seen The Awakenings. :lol:

He's catatonic, then he's cured then he goes back to being catatonic.

To be fair to Brett, as much as I basically want us to continue failing until Pardew gets the sack, he's right in that it makes zero sense to continue picking up players who aren't fit for purpose in the PL and thus end up not getting used by the manager.

I don't even know what would be more tragic. Not signing anyone or spending loads of money on decent players and watching them turn into utter crap.

Marginally less likely to get relegated in the latter case I suppose.

To be fair to Brett, as much as I basically want us to continue failing until Pardew gets the sack, he's right in that it makes zero sense to continue picking up players who aren't fit for purpose in the PL and thus end up not getting used by the manager.

Hang on, I don't think this is the case. I think Mbiwa could be a top CB in the PL with a manager's confidence and backing. Along with thinking Anita could be an excellent cog in a side who play to his strengths, we just don't have such a manager, thus them failing/underperforming.

What I think makes zero sense is just buying players who are bargains at the time then passing them over to Pardew regardless if our team needs that type of player or not, or if Pardew simply doesn't want him. Just causes a miserable player at the club, fan frustration and in the end wasted money.

Carr and Pardew will have to work more closely together if Pardew is to stay otherwise the Mbiwa situation will just keep on occurring.

Hang on, I don't think this is the case. I think Mbiwa could be a top CB in the PL with a manager's confidence and backing.

Well, yeah, I think that too. But in January 2013 we needed a dominant, physical CB ready to just slot into the side, as alluded to.

Hang on, I don't think this is the case. I think Mbiwa could be a top CB in the PL with a manager's confidence and backing.

Well, yeah, I think that too. But in January 2013 we needed a dominant, physical CB ready to just slot into the side, as alluded to.

Well that's what Pardew wanted but got Mbiwa. Buying players simply because they were the right price. I was thinking Colo must be leaving hence him being his replacement but he looks set to stay another season. As much as I love Colo, it's just holding us back further not giving Mbiwa the gametime in his correct position.