Man United vs Newcastle United - 07/12/13 at 12:45pm - Live on BT Sport

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Van Persie and Rooney are both out as well as Carrick then it will probably be the weakest looking Man United team I can remember facing.

I could see Moyes putting Fellani up top behind Hernandez, although maybe not from the start - they are both players that have hurt us in the past.  They could still cause us major problems, even though Fellani doesn't suit Man United's style of play at all.

What I want:

De Gea

Rafael    Vidic      Ferdinand      Evra

Jones      Cleverley

Valencia      Kagawa      Januzaj/Welbeck

Hernandez

What I'm expecting:

De Gea

Smalling    Vidic      Ferdinand      Evra

Jones      Fellaini

Valencia      Kagawa          Nani

Hernandez

If he doesn't play Kagawa in the hole when RVP and Rooney are both out I'll crack up. :lol:

What I want:

De Gea

Rafael    Vidic      Ferdinand      Evra

Jones      Cleverley

Valencia      Kagawa      Januzaj/Welbeck

Hernandez

What I'm expecting:

De Gea

Smalling    Vidic      Ferdinand      Evra

Jones      Fellaini

Valencia      Kagawa          Nani

Hernandez

If he doesn't play Kagawa in the hole when RVP and Rooney are both out I'll crack up. :lol:

Would be surprised if Januzaj doesn't start. Looked your most dangerous player when he came on.

Yeah it's been the case for a while now. He's been our biggest threat except for Rooney. I'd like to see him as a right winger cutting inside but Valencia should start and he's useless anywhere else but right back, mainly because he lost his left foot when he was a child.

At the same time I've put Welbeck as a perfectly viable second option for the left wing, since he'll drop into midfield and help out, which could be necessary against Cabaye/Sissoko/Tiote. If Nani does get another game hopefully he has a good one. There's no in between with him. He's either brilliant or shite.

What's the deal with Hernandez - is he still the lethal poacher we all saw in his first year?

He really is. He's a top poacher. I feel sorry for him to be honest as he has done nothing wrong and it's simply a case of our other striker being better than he is. Our normal 4-2-3-1 system leaves no room for him and even if we play with a 4-4-2 it's going to be a Rooney/RVP combination. This is a chance for him with them out though.

Last season we beat Newcastle on Boxing Day to go seven points clear at the top. This December we're hoping for a win to go 9 points behind, and that's unlikely. Contrast!

Less of a need to play Tiote with Rooney and RVP out. Would go 4-4-1-1, Anita for Tiote and Hatem for Shola- two big CB's who will win those long balls all day, and a lax midfield who will allow space for Ben Arfa in key areas.

Will not happen, though. Reserved performance, 2-0 loss.

Never ever a better time to play these wankers. Man, I would do anything to turn them over on their own patch- we have to one day!!

He's a hell of a footballer, Hernandez. A much better, more complete version of Michael Owen, basically.

Agreed - a dangerous poacher, ever-alert. Would like him in our side..!

However, Owen was just as dangerous in his early days..he faded badly after his bad injury at Liverpool.

Considering they have Fellaini and a few other aerial threats, I doubt the manager will play Anita or take off Shola and Willo.

I agree with your point, although now really is not the time to be worried about them. If we want to win then we have to play our strongest team- they're defensively vulnerable, look how many they conceded to teams like Cardiff, West Brom etc.

I also don't think that Williamson is near as prolific in the air as people make him out to be. Mapou would be better choice imo, certainly to deal with the potential threat of Hernandez.