Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

23 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Surprisingly I haven't heard anything about us going for him this summer. We were very interested in him before and held talks with him, but they must not have went very well. 

Ugarte would be enough in midfield this season though. Ugarte, Casemiro, Fernandes, Mainoo, Mount, Eriksen and Collyer would be more than enough to see us through. I'd expect Casemiro and Eriksen then to both leave next summer at the latest, and another midfield signing to be made. 

I see. Lots of responsibility on Mainoo's shoulders it looks like though. Going to be a big season for him, to see if he steps up.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I see. Lots of responsibility on Mainoo's shoulders it looks like though. Going to be a big season for him, to see if he steps up.

I would say he'll be rotated a decent bit with Mount. Mount will play a lot this year IMO. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Without the injuries it's completely different mind. Not sure Ten Hag has ever been able to select his first choice eleven. 

Could be an interesting season. Having Zirkzee as a backup striker is certainly much better than having an injured Martial though. :lol:

Serious question as I don't really know the answer but what in your eyes is Ten Haag first choice eleven?

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Serious question as I don't really know the answer but what in your eyes is Ten Haag first choice eleven?

This season? Probably the following at this stage:

Onana

Dalot

Martinez 

Yoro

Shaw

Casemiro

Mainoo

Fernandes

Rashford

Garnacho

Hojlund

Ugarte in for Casemiro would be huge for us. 

Also think he really wants Mazraoui as he doesn't trust the fitness of Shaw and Malacia is out for months still. Dalot is capable on both flanks whereas Wan Bissaka is not, so it provides more solid depth. 

Just now, Froggy said:

This season? Probably the following at this stage:

Onana

Dalot

Martinez 

Yoro

Shaw

Casemiro

Mainoo

Fernandes

Rashford

Garnacho

Hojlund

Ugarte in for Casemiro would be huge for us. 

Also think he really wants Mazraoui as he doesn't trust the fitness of Shaw and Malacia is out for months still. Dalot is capable on both flanks whereas Wan Bissaka is not, so it provides more solid depth. 

Fair enough. So Ten Haag won't be having this lineup until atleast November (is it?) when Rasmus is back? Think you'll still do well without him and Yoro at the start. Need atleast 4 points by the end of August though or the media will be on Ten Haag's back.

4 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Fair enough. So Ten Haag won't be having this lineup until atleast November (is it?) when Rasmus is back? Think you'll still do well without him and Yoro at the start. Need atleast 4 points by the end of August though or the media will be on Ten Haag's back.

End of November when Yoro is back aye. Maguire will probably get the nod for the moment. 

Hojlund is a miss but no real excuses with that one now with the Zirkzee signing. 

17 hours ago, Froggy said:

Ugarte was waiting on the Joao Neves deal completing. I would expect us to push hard for that over the next week. 

McTominay and Wan Bissaka need to be sold for De Ligt and Mazraoui to come in. 

All personal terms already agreed with all the players. I do think they'll all arrive before the end of August. 

Ugarte is essential though. 

Interesting to see how two injury-prone Bayern rejects will improve the team.

29 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Interesting to see how two injury-prone Bayern rejects will improve the team.

Improves our excuses when things go pear shaped.

I've not really paid too much attention to them, how good are De Ligt and Mazraoui? Assuming they're half decent? 

Just now, 54 said:

I've not really paid too much attention to them, how good are De Ligt and Mazraoui? Assuming they're half decent? 

There's a petition with over 70,000 signatures from Bayern fans desperate for the club to keep De Ligt as he's their best centre back. Bayern are only selling for financial reasons as he's on £265k a week and they can bring in Tah for a decent fee and half the wages. De Ligt is obviously class though and a big upgrade on everyone we have bar Martinez.

Mazraoui an upgrade on Wan Bissaka as he can attack and isn't as positionally weak, but his injury record is properly shocking to be fair.

46 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There's a petition with over 70,000 signatures from Bayern fans desperate for the club to keep De Ligt as he's their best centre back. Bayern are only selling for financial reasons as he's on £265k a week and they can bring in Tah for a decent fee and half the wages. De Ligt is obviously class though and a big upgrade on everyone we have bar Martinez.

Mazraoui an upgrade on Wan Bissaka as he can attack and isn't as positionally weak, but his injury record is properly shocking to be fair.

[emoji38]

They are selling him because they don’t need him, he’s a backup on a high wage and only Manchester United are stupid enough to pay big to get him to the club.

Kim Min-jae is their best centre back.

19 minutes ago, SweMag said:

[emoji38]

They are selling him because they don’t need him, he’s a backup on a high wage and only Manchester United are stupid enough to pay big to get him to the club.

Kim Min-jae is their best centre back.

De Ligt started all the major games and Kim Min-jae was benched. Kim only played when De Ligt was injured. De Ligt fully recovered from his injury in December and since that moment he started every game, except for league games after Champions League games where they were clearly being careful with his fitness. The only CL knockout game he didn't start was the first leg in the last 16 against Lazio. Upamecano and Kim started this game and they lost 1-0. De Ligt then started the next leg (Kim benched) getting an assist as Bayern won 3-0. He also started both quarter finals against Arsenal and one of the semi finals against Real Madrid (the other he missed due to injury). Sure though, De Ligt is the backup. :lol:

With all due respect, aside from the facts listed above, I'll listen to the German Bayern Munich fans on this matter. :) Their opinion matters more than mine or yours, and they're desperate for him to stay.

:lol: You're using an article written by a Man United fan on goal.com (great source BTW). A guy who's ridiculed by our fanbase for his articles. This year alone he has said Garnacho is the next Ronaldo, that Mourinho is the best choice to come back in right the ship and best of all he compared Sancho to Messi. :lol:

Again, let's listen to the Germans:

https://www.change.org/p/keep-de-ligt-wir-wollen-de-ligt

And aye, his career definitely went backwards after moving to Bayern. Second in their player of the year awards and included in the Bundesliga team of the year in his title winning debut season. :lol:

https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2023/07/player-of-the-season-2022-23

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/team-of-the-season-2022-23-vote-fifa-ea-sports-fut23-23319

He was injured half of last season, which is literally the only negative against him since his move to Bayern. If you want to attack the injury record then work away, I won't argue that it's a concern. Trying to suggest like he's a backup or surplus to requirements is just silly though. The move is purely financial as Bayern can replace him with a player close to his level while banking £10-15m in transfer profit and saving another £6m a year on wages.

Just state your opinion that you don't rate the guy instead of trying to make stuff up and then attempting to back it with the worst junk media imagineable. You're one step away from referencing an article in the Scottish Daily Sport.

De Ligt has never impressed me personally, looked poor at Juve when Chiellini and Bonucci wasn't covering his arse. I don't think he's Bayern's best defender.

Just now, Menace said:

De Ligt has never impressed me personally, looked poor at Juve when Chiellini and Bonucci wasn't covering his arse. I don't think he's Bayern's best defender.

but... but... there's a petition!!

f32cc062-f8ff-4e79-ae7b-e35fbc08e80e-168

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:lol: You're using an article written by a Man United fan on goal.com (great source BTW). A guy who's ridiculed by our fanbase for his articles. This year alone he has said Garnacho is the next Ronaldo, that Mourinho is the best choice to come back in right the ship and best of all he compared Sancho to Messi. :lol:

Again, let's listen to the Germans:

https://www.change.org/p/keep-de-ligt-wir-wollen-de-ligt

And aye, his career definitely went backwards after moving to Bayern. Second in their player of the year awards and included in the Bundesliga team of the year in his title winning debut season. :lol:

https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2023/07/player-of-the-season-2022-23

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/team-of-the-season-2022-23-vote-fifa-ea-sports-fut23-23319

He was injured half of last season, which is literally the only negative against him since his move to Bayern. If you want to attack the injury record then work away, I won't argue that it's a concern. Trying to suggest like he's a backup or surplus to requirements is just silly though. The move is purely financial as Bayern can replace him with a player close to his level while banking £10-15m in transfer profit and saving another £6m a year on wages.

Just state your opinion that you don't rate the guy instead of trying to make stuff up and then attempting to back it with the worst junk media imagineable. You're one step away from referencing an article in the Scottish Daily Sport.

As I said, they are selling him because they don’t need him, he’s a backup on a high wage and they already have other options in his position.